One of the absolute best games released in the past 10 years

>One of the absolute best games released in the past 10 years
>Flopped horribly
Was Prey simply too sophisticated for the average nu-gamer?

Attached: EGS_Prey_ArkaneStudios_S1_2560x1440-66103490180b56a8a132ae2487e18f2f.jpg (2560x1440, 850.56K)

stop it.

Fuck Prey 2017, where's my Prey 2006 sequel? I wanna know what happened at the end

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 145.01K)

I think the bigger issue is that it starts off too spooky and difficult, and as you progress it completely loses any aspect of horror or semblance of difficulty. So a lot of people, especially these jobber critics who suck at video games, got filtered by the start of the game, and dropped it.

This. NuPrey was garbage and we were robbed from a true Prey sequel due to it.

Glad to see that there are still people with taste on Any Forums.

Attached: Prey 2006 interdimensional.webm (800x450, 2.91M)

Its too scripted for an immersive sim. Too shit for a shooter. Too forgiving for a survival horror.

braindead post

This is undoubtedly what happened with critics. Most of them probably couldn't pass the first phantom spawn in the lobby and gave up.
More importantly was awareness though. This game had absolutely no presence. I didn't even know it existed until Any Forums suddenly started bringing it up every day a couple years back, and I fucking love it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 9.36.43 PM.png (1290x996, 673.6K)

I need to pick this up again. For some reason the prophunt enemies were off putting to me and I didn't like that I was paranoid of every coffee cup and chair.

New prey is a much more interesting game both mechanically and storywise. Either you are too old and cannot accept change or you are too young and find contrarianism to be cool.

>One of the absolute best games
It was just a shitty System Shock clone that failed to get what made System Shock good, just like all the Dark Souls clones are garbage that missed the point.
The cancelled Prey 2 was a vastly superior game; basically Cowboy Bebop: the Game

This guy got in far enough to kill a nightmare, but still has no idea how to deal with a normal phantom? The fuck?

>jobber critics
What is a jobber critic?

Lmao, nigga plays it like an fps. Prey rewards you for thinking outside of the box and finding creative solutions to all of the problems that it presents. By the time you reach deep storage you should have figured that out.

i have to read obnoxious emails in real life so dont want to in video games

Attached: 1632971921043.png (1920x1080, 2.27M)

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 9.44.00 PM.png (1274x754, 487.83K)

I don't think you kill a nightmare before that point. You get teased with one through the glass in the Arboretum before going to the deep storage, but I don't think you can actually fight it there. Of course it can spawn at any location after you reach crew quarters, but t feels like this guy didn't encounter any.

Maybe it's because nu Prey is boring as fuck and the old one is fun to play.

To an extent that's true, but not really when it comes to enemies. The easiest way to fight in Prey is to know where all the vents are. If you're a complete shitter, literally all you have to do with most enemies is play reverse whack a mole.
Then again though, I'm still bitter about the game automatically wrecking my clever turret setups every so often on story progression before respawned enemies can even take a shot at them.

Leave Reddit on Reddit

I don't remember having problems at any point on easy and medium and hard and nightmare were tough but manageable. Casual gamers must have it tough.

nu-Prey is one of the most mentally stimulating vidya released within recent memory.

Attached: Prey problem solving.webm (702x394, 2.7M)

Prey is dogshit, I think you should re-evaluate yourself.

Again, you are either too old or too young to post on this board, if you genuinely think this.

Stealth literally plays the game for you.

the laser cannon gun you get at the end is so satisfying, that bit of pushback when firing

we wanted the real prey

yeah i went pure physical and just started fucking slamming my wrench into bitches in slo-mo
or something like that

It literally doesn't.