Honest to God, does anyone working on Render96 think it looks good...

Honest to God, does anyone working on Render96 think it looks good? It could not be more clear that the aesthetic and design choices in the Mario 64 promotional renders are very, very different from those in the game. It's like if you tried to make Ocarina of Time's geometry perfectly conform to its concept art. It's just not going to happen.
I actually think a lot of the shit they did with the PC port is really impressive and cool but this isn't one of them.

Attached: Render96 Weird.png (982x487, 346.45K)

both images are literally exactly the same. And they both look good.

Oh my God you just made me understand completely
The people developing Render96 must all be trans

r96 guys can't into map replacements due to speedrun bootlicking autism
the character models + the ray tracing looks really close to the original art but they've been sitting on their ass for the past two years instead of doing any maps

I think it looks good.

Attached: 1629216724898.webm (720x540, 2.93M)

It's a completely separate team trying to replicate an artistic vision from an artist they don't know, it was never going to look good when you have artists or "artists" who can only emulate another artist's look. Some people are good at the mimicry but most aren't

Attached: E553DdlWQAAMu_N.png (1037x605, 157.38K)

Let me play doubles advocate for a moment: they don't do it simply because they think it looks good, they do it because they can. This is basically the entire thesis behind modding itself.

they can absolutely replace the map meshes without changing the hitboxes

Yeah. Your average cash-in for popularity is a diamond dozen, but the modding world is a doggy dog affair, so when someone with passion makes a rendering job like this, it's a blessing in the skies.

It's the based form of trannyism where they make kino for free. I mean they'll go critical into a massive meltdown someday. Nobody knows when but it's going to happen but it always does. It always ends nuclear.

I dig it, but this game isn't for Any Forums. Too austistically purist in nature to handle something not made for them

It just looks really weird, and I don't know if I mean that in a positive or negative way.

It's the fact that it's geometry made to run smoothly on near 30 year old game consoles

They finally upgraded the environment geometry?

I've played Mario 64 literally hundreds of times
No they didn't. Look closely

>diamond dozen

Attached: 1446023528748.jpg (285x327, 19.99K)

Notice how they went out of their way to avoid touching an enemy

those colors are fucked

before this mod came along it was a common meme for people to post a mario 64 render and be all
>we will never get a game that looks this good
this project's just them trying to make that a reality.

Attached: おジャ魔女どれみドッカ~ン! 第08話「バレちゃった!?ハナちゃんのひみつ」(DVD 640x480 WMV9).avi_snapshot_10.01_[2017.12.24_14.29.20].jpg (640x480, 121.1K)

vanilla SM64 is the best mario has ever looked in 3D space, turning him into play-doh is incredibly tasteless.

Attached: tiredj.jpg (853x480, 33.04K)

>It's a completely separate team trying to replicate an artistic vision from an artist they don't know
This

Nigga it's devil's advocate