Hollow Knight

I hate this kind of writing. They write a vague story and expect you to watch 12 hours of youtube videos to understand what's going on instead of just writing a simple video game story

Attached: hero.jpg (1200x675, 368.89K)

who the fuck plays Hollow Knight for the story

Are you sure you're not just an idiot who can't follow a simple story?

Midwits

I much prefer that to something like Blasphemous with its Zanzibart bullshit, non-stop nonsense about characters and places you'll never meet with epic item descriptions

>non-stop nonsense about characters and places you'll never meet with epic item descriptions

Literally should be a criminal offense to place this horseshit in a game.

I liked it. It's the Fromsoftware format, except some characters are capable of having endings with a little more variety than abruptly dying offscreen.

Attached: isma's tear.jpg (1203x2401, 337.16K)

In HK you find some stone with words like "this is the ancient tomb of the mystery king". And then some retard on
YouTube uploads a 3 hour video about the mystery king being the most epic and deep video game character in history

I understood the story without watching videos, because I paid attention to what the fuck was going on and what was being said. And I fucking have adhd.
Skill issue.

You are just dumb.

it works because the story is secondary to the gameplay, you can ignore it and enjoy it if you really dont care

>back in the old days games could have a little bit of throwaway lore like this that just add flavor to the world and have no further meaning
>now people expect everything to be connected and have DEEP MEANING

>start game
>skip all cutscenes
>never ready anything other than gameplay tips
>beat the game
>say the story is shit

Attached: c1b82bba0380a8bb052880288cfdaac5_c5_720x720.jpg (720x720, 35.44K)

blame Fromdrones

Attached: 9f.jpg (2292x2036, 1.31M)

Yeah I didn't like it either, even worse if you don't play it all in one sitting because you can forget offhand comments that aren't repeated that end up being important. There's stuff about wearing different charms to speak to different people for bonus lore as well which isn't super intuitive and not fun to test out

I imagine most people who say they understood it have looked at a synopsis at the very least because otherwise how would you know you were right, the game is vague enough that any bullshit you could come up with is possible

This only became a thing when millennials with too much free time started getting into video games. What a sad meaningless generation

This may be correct for From games, but as long as you explore and read all the info/dialogue you get, Hollow Knight's story becomes perfectly clear without any external sources, at least all the actually important bits.
As always OP is a faggot

fpbp

I started playing HK and after 12 hours all I understood from the "story" is that you have to rescue some worms and explore an ancient kingdom. Everything the NPCs say is TLDR to me

>They write a vague story
All of the NPC's you meet in the game tell you whats going on.

Super Metroid's story was 100% clear with basically no text. You understand everything with just moving around completing the objectives. This is true video game writing