RUMOR: Insomniac's Spider-Man 2 In Trouble?

>Radio silence since announcement trailer has not been done for a later grand reveal, but because current development isn't running smoothly.
>Insomniac's team expanded greatly after the SONY buyout, but perhaps at a cost. Word is that older staff got demoted in favor of new hires, and management has become a mess.
>Multiplayer has been cut. Originally supposed to be revealed along with the trailer, it has been quietly axed due to compounding bugs
>Speaking of bugs, the current game build is riddled with them. Frequent crashes, dev kits overloading, clipping through geometry, optimization bugs, etc.
>Essentially Insomniac and its new team bit off more than they could chew. Not a total disaster like Cyberpunk 2077 but devs are still worried.
>SONY is holding off on all marketing until game is actually playable and worth showing.
>Likely won't get new information until Q3 2022 or at the latest Q1 2023
Likely or is this all bullshit? What are you expecting and hoping from Spider-Man 2?

Attached: Classic Suit Spider-Man.jpg (1024x576, 33.55K)

gonna need a source bud

>capeshit
Disgusting. You shouldn't have cancelled Ape Escape 4, Snoy.

Attached: 966.png (1280x1225, 1.26M)

Allegedly the same source that leaked NWH suits (which anyone could have predicted really), and posted those leaks regarding every suit having a symbiote variant. Take it with a grain of salt, but I am concerned that we haven't heard anything yet
Fuck off back to Any Forums, weeb

I doubt the game ever aimed to have multiplayer

how fucking bored are you to make rumors about a spider-man game

Fuck off back to Any Forums. Playstation is USELESS without weebshit. No different than Xbox, and capeshit is a dying trend.

When has Any Forums ever cared about the validity of rumors/leaks?

when they start bumping actual video games threads off the board

Am I crazy or is this literally every game development ever?
>Uhh the game has bugs
>umm someone on the team proposed multiplayer, they tried to do some barebones framework of it and decided it wasn't feasible, scrapped it
>SONY won't market it until it looks decent
It's all pretty common sense to me. Even with the new hires, isn't team shuffling pretty standard as far as the game industry goes? I doubt they just lolrandom replaced staff for the sake of it.

>actual video games threads
Right the 30 different flavors of coomer shit ranging from JPRG, attorney clussy, and Resident Evil...

If this is real, this sounds like standard video game development turbulence. But I doubt it is.

Considering that Rift apart is literally the only next gen game I'm going to say that this is full of shit, it shows a very competent development team.

>JPRG
Based. Even the most mediocre JRPG shits on MCU trash.

That's why I call bullshit on this. It's so vague. Saying
>The game is having troubles but Sony will show it when it's presentable
is self fulfilling and non committal. If it's real it doesn't mean much at all, aside from multiplayer.

It's pretty common really. A small studio has great success, gets micromanaged to hell with new hires, and all the old talent leaves mid to post production when they're sick of it. Though I will put this one in question because Insomniac is already a large studio with years of competent games under their belts already. I don't know if this would change a thing.

You guys just want to talk about Spider-Man?

Rumor: Xbox trannies are coping over Based Phil's incompetence again
Oh wait, that's not a rumor kek

Sorry user I'm evolving into a Batfag. I've only dabbled in Spidey but I plan on playing the games when they hit PC.

That's cool. I like Batman but I've lately been steering away from him due to overexposure in comics, and Gotham Knights just doesn't appeal to me personally. I was mostly just hoping to talk about random Spidey villains. If this game doesn't have Mysterio, I don't know what the fuck they're doing. Even the obscure Spidey villains are fun.

Attached: Mysterio's greatest trick.jpg (1280x1961, 571.39K)

>Radio silence bc development is troubled

Happens to every AAA game user

>Older staff demoted in favor of promoting new hires

Proof or STFU

>Multiplayer has been cut

No fucks given

>Speaking of bugs, the current build is riddled with them

Gee, almost like bug squashing is part of developing a game user!

>Insomniac bit off more than it could chew

Again, proof or STFU

>SONY won't market Insomniac Spider-Man 2 until its ready

No fucking shit retard

>Likely won't get new information until later this year or early next year

That's the price of AAA games they have to pay these days

Anyway, forget Peter Parker and Miles Morales, when is it going to be Cindy Moon's chance to shine in Insomniac Spider-Man?

Attached: silklaughing.jpg (850x851, 80.56K)

I'm actually really happy Cindy become something other than Dan Slott's (fuck that fat autist) personal fetish. Seems like every writer after him has to clean up/flesh out his ideas to make them worth a damn. Silk was salvaged later on, but unfortunately by the time that happened casuals moved on to Spider-Gwen (who is an awful character nothing like her 616 counterpart, riding off the fame of Emma Stone).

Silk would actually be a great third character for the series, and her web powers would warrant a new move set. It would even be really easy to work her into the narrative by being a human guinea pig that was locked away in OSCORP for years or something

Attached: Silk Spider-Man.png (1024x1325, 705.4K)

I hope they really change up some open world staples. Stuff to enhance the Spidey immersion. Like having to choose between fulfilling Spider-Man's or Peter Parker's responsibilities. Or random crime calls that result in surprise appearances by villains, would be a perfect opportunity to introduce B and C-listers.

>Or random crime calls that result in surprise appearances by villains
You mean like in Ultimate Spider-Man? I'd actually love that for random crimes for guys like Scorpion, Shocker, Electro, and Vulture. That way established villains from the previous game can feel relevant without taking up slots for side missions or main campaign. It not only makes the experience better when dicking around New York, but also reuses assets in a meaningful way that doesn't feel phoned in. Wouldn't it be great to have mini bosses like Rhino running down streets leading to a face off somewhere, or fighting Vulture high above the Empire State Building? Electro in Times Square? I'd love random shit like that, but I don't know how hard it would be to implement

Attached: Shocker PS4.jpg (960x540, 94.1K)

That's the kind of shit that attracts me to open worlds, and rarely is it utilized. I had no idea Ultimate Spider Man did anything like that. It's probably very hard to implement and design around, but I can't think of anything better to use Sony money for.