How many more decades till we get something rivaling it in quality?

How many more decades till we get something rivaling it in quality?

Attached: DeusExCover.jpg (600x745, 103.67K)

awful thread

Be wise enough to not hope for the impossible, and then you'll realize that you already have what you need.

now that you're here, yeah

Not gonna happen. The closest we'll get is an indie homage/throwback style game. It'll be popular as hell but it will miss the point and lack the tone and atmosphere - just like metroidvanias all miss the point of metroid (atmosphere, isolation, exploration, level design etc)

>metroidvanias all miss the point of metroid (atmosphere, isolation, exploration, level design etc)
you're not wrong

Yeah nobody cares about that gay shit nigger
it's called Metroidvania because SOTN ripped ideas off Metroid, not because people actually give a fuck about that series

Transarctica was better

The game isn’t THAT good dude. I’d even say it’s overrated.

Probably never. Devs are too afraid to critique world governments.

never, this kind of gameplay doesnt sell anymore.

Has more soul than you do

We already got it. Cyberpunk 2077 is the modern deus ex.
Iykyk

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Number one. That's terror.
Number two. That's terror.

VTM:B came out like 4 years after.

Likely never.

VTMB is barely even a game it's so unfinished

You've got ten seconds to beat it before I add you to the list of NSF casualties.

Wandered around after I shot my 5 bullets. Got bored, uninstalled. Great 10 minutes.

I think the ship has sailed on immersive sims (mostly) and especially on games that are actually conspiracy-oriented / critical of current social winds or status quo. Immersive sims (if you wanna debate the term or have some other definition, I don't give a fuck, I'm not big into books) are mostly dead (maybe play dated stuff like VTM:B, System Shock, etc.), but also a Deus Ex successor would still wind up following the new storytelling of "fighting the power means fighting the people who are actually fighting the globohomo power, rebellion and sticking it to the man is supporting the unquestionable status quo that every major corporation pushes."
Basically as says it's not worth seeing a successor as enough time has passed and (most importantly) things are so censored now that the underlying conspiracy theory plot element would be removed or inverted, the NSF being the bad guys would unironically be the story of a remake nowadays

ion storm and warren spector kinda refurbished all william gibson books to make this game user they aint no genius at writing.