Switch Pro or Switch 2

Which would you prefer to see next and in what timeframe/year?

Attached: t0h1lj91.png (982x910, 628.18K)

It's been 5 years so Switch 2 is due by 2024. With b/c it would effectively be a Switch Pro too so.

It's too late for a pro version to be effective imo so they might as well make a whole new system.

no reason to make a "switch 2" when the switch 1 is still selling like hotcakes

developers won't stick to toasrer hardware forever

Switch Pro early next year launching with botw2
costs $350, OLED gets discounted to $300, regular to $250, lite to $150.
switch is declining, but still selling well. replacing it and restarting your userbase from ground zero would be silly when there's no real impetus to do so. this would be the boost it needs.

It's selling but sales are dropping off quickly, which will only get worse as PS5/SeX's become more available.
They need to act now instead of panic like they did with Wii > Wii U.

Just give me a switch that can run last gen games smoothly

Is there a new NVIDIA mobile chip coming out soon? That would tie in well with a true Switch 2.

I think that the switch "pro" would cost $400 because of inflation and the chip shortage. Even though that price would compete with the ps5 and Xbox it would still sell out. I think the switch pro would get harder to find than the PS5.

Neither.
Have them follow their console trend of "thing, thing upgrade, new thing, new thing"
>nes/famicom
>snes/superfamicom
>n64
>gamecube
>wii
>wiiu
>switch
If they keep this pattern consistent the next console should not have switch in the name at all.

The Investor meeting yesterday revealed Nintendo has stockpiled shit tons of chips, almost certainly for a console launch, so the shortage won't affect them too much.

Gamecube was arguably an upgrade to N64. Both general-purpose 3D consoles with similar wacky, but traditional input devices.

64DD was more of an upgrade.

you're looking at it the wrong way, switch is handheld so it should be "thing, thing upgrade, new thing, new thing upgrade"
>Game Boy
>Game Boy Advance
>Nintendo DS
>Nintendo 3DS
>Nintendo Switch

Switch 3

I want it to have VR, so a new thing.

i dont know why this surprises you (or i guess i do, y ou are a retard,) but devs enjoy the dogshit hardware because it means the investment on making the game is greatly reduced, by like fucking 90% compared to making somehting pretty for ps5. it lets them make more games, and still sell them for 60 bucks.

Let's fix this up a bit
>Gameboy/Pocket/Light
>Gameboy Color
>Gameboy Advanced/SP/Micro
>Nintendo DS/Lite/XL
>Nintendo DSi/XL
>Nintendo 3DS/XL/2DS
>New Nintendo 3DS/XL/2DS
>Nintendo Switch/Lite/Mariko/OLED

>$350
$400

Except unlike all the other 'thing and thing upgrade' consoles, the gamecube didn't have/make use of hardware for backwards compatibility with its previous console. NES and SNES had cartridge adapters. The WiiU can play Wii games out the box. Gamecube's hardware adapters were for Gameboy Advance games.

> Which would you prefer to see next
Switch 2 with backwards compatibility
>what timeframe
depends. are they stopping games like Odyssey 2, BotW 2 and/or smash 6 from releasing just cause they want them for the new console? if that's the case I want it ASAP. are all this games just not ready yet? then whenever is fine. I'm happy with the console itself

>NES and SNES had cartridge adapters
those weren't official, so i doubt that connection was intentional

>Nintendo made the switch
>And then made a switch that wasn't a switch but a handheld
Now they need to make a switch that isn't a switch but a home console. That's the one I'd buy

Zelda games have been the console swansong for a while now so they'll announce the next console after BOTW2 presumably.

Keep watching from afar as Playstation dies and M$ continues to support all their consoles and PC while the Switch remains comfy. There's no reason for a Switch 2 especially with material shortages.

>Playstation dies
Too big to fail. Not even close to comparable to Sega or Atari