Why did it fail?

Why did it fail?

Attached: street fighter three.jpg (552x195, 23.12K)

>Small cast, even smaller than Alpha 2 (maybe Alpha 1 I dunno how to count) + pallete swap twins
>bunch of literally whos making it fail at catering to oldfags
>bootiful stages yeah + transitions, framedrops everywhere
>CPS3 machines died very easily since they were CD based
People just preferred to keep playan Alpha and SFII

>bunch of literally whos making it fail at catering to oldfags
They are fucking doing it again with SF6.

Are they? Chun, Ken, Roo and Guile have been seen already and they're enough to make any old man scream with joy

>took years to get ported to anything
>expensive 2D arcade machine at a time when 3D was the big thing and arcades were dying anyways
seems pretty obvious to me

they're never gonna let it happen again.

Attached: sf6-roster-leak.jpg (567x558, 100.33K)

They aren't retarded enough to get rid of the world warriors this time but they seem to be replacing older characters with completely new ones. Jamie instead of the twins, Kimberly instead of Ibuki.
They didn't show the others but the big cunt could be a Balrog replacement, french chick might be Abel.

the character's they're having the new blood replace are characters that weren't huge fan favorites. no one would miss t hawk if lily is a version of t hawk that's faster and cooler. no one would miss abel once they see manon is abel but with tits. kimberly is going to be an iteration of guy and aki an iteration of fang.

i don't miss the twins. i already think jamie is cooler than the twins. if the new characters are old character but cooler then i don't think anyone would care. why doesn't deejay have a replacement noobie character? because deejay is past the coolness/likability threshold that he cannot really be replaced in this way.

Arcades weren’t on the way out, they were basically out, and there was never a good home translation. Probably one of the very last arcade games I played before there were no arcades within 100 miles. I moved from Alpha to EX.

I don't find any of the new characters appealing design wise other than Jamie but I'd rather have the twins.

I've never met someone who played a twin for their personality lol. Yun was lucky to be broken in two fucking games while Yang was good enough in AE

Yeah, I like them because they can be proper cunts.
Also fun to do loops on with Sakura.

The new T. Hawk girl looks awesome to me, I don't care what anyone says. Only thing I'll miss are the twins, I don't think Jamie is a proper replacement but he seems cool. I feel that the twins may actually still make it in somehow but Capcom will have to bundle them because I can't see them taking up two spots in a season.

They replaced all of the Shadaloo guys and they are all very popular, people want to see Sagat, Balrog, Vega and Bison more than Blanka, Honda or Dee Jay.

That's exactly why they're being sold as DLC again.

I don't think I could be less interested in the bottom row, yang/yun ripoff, two children, some goofy posh indian guy, least offensive ones are the generic good female character and the generic bad female character.

What about the movesets

they should have made THawk's daughter the big bitch character and not roided her out.

>The new T. Hawk girl looks awesome to me
imagine having shit taste

Sorry, no. Fighting game fans have absolutely no ground to make the "I don't care about looks, I just care about good movesets and gameplay" argument when they literally gravitate toward flashy shit like Strive and SFV and ignore smaller games that have objectively much better gameplay.

>ignore smaller games that have objectively much better gameplay
such as

sagat vega and balrog will be back. it's guaranteed. only thing that could make it questionable is if ed is redesigned to be more explicitly like balrog's function. then his viability is lower.
bison isn't coming back as his initial function. the character is dead in the canon.

Looks cool, don't care. Perhaps you should reevaluate your own taste.

Is there literally a single fighting game that's less flashy than SF? Everything else out there is cuhrazy anime stuff.

I like designs but I'm not going to play a cool looking character if I don't enjoy their moveset. Plus some characters look way cooler when you actually see their moves and animations. To each their own.