Fuck you I liked it

>Best western developed SH by a country mile.
>Good story and characters.
>Tried to focus only melee and fights being about survival against unnatural creatures.
>The town is well realized and fun to explore and with good side quests with their own little contained stories.
>Would've been a lot better with more dev time and budget.
>A lot of heart and passion and great easter egg/joke ending.
Go play it nerds.

Attached: 000_Silent_Hill_Downpour_PS3_BLUS30565_NTSC-UC_inlay_preview.jpg (3224x1753, 2.69M)

>Best western developed SH
such a high praise

>Fuck you I liked it
Bet you didn't.

Well, it is.

When Homecoming was a aped Gears of War and totally removed any semblance of survival horror, and when Origins was a boring prequel nobody asked for, starring THE most boring protagonist ever, and Shattered Memories was a reimagined SH1 in the way westerners liked ie no cult and it's all made up from the protagonists guilt, with no combat and no scary monsters, and the last Team Silent Japanese made SH was in fucking 2004 then yes i thought it was a nice return to form warts and all and made mr hopeful for a sequel by this team that will never come.

I did, finished on normal and saw ending A and C 5 hours ago, now replaying it on Hard (combat and puzzles) to get the remaining trophies and Ending B/D.

>I did
Bet you didn't though.

>Best western developed SH by a country mile
Is that supposed to be impressive or something?

Was this the shit where you get chased by an instakill death wall every 5 minutes? No thanks.
Although the atmosphere was decent I guess.

>Every 5 minutes.
No zoomie your chased like 4-5 in the ENTIRE game.

Attached: boondocks-read.gif (638x362, 1.06M)

You got shit taste, and apparently you also enjoy lying on the internets. DP is THE worst piece of shit EVER to be released with the SH's name on it.

Again, is it supposed to be impressive or something that the devs allegedly didn't completely shit their pants?

Why would lie on this chink owend shithole? And you're the one laying since Book of Memories, Homecoming and Origins exist.

>>Best western developed SH by a country mile.
true but it was really not a high bar to reach.
>>Good story and characters.
the premise is pretty good but i would say the execution was pretty mid, especially near the end
>>Tried to focus only melee and fights being about survival against unnatural creatures.
yeah but the combat is fucking shit, i would much rather have a shotgun easily available and blast these niggas
>>The town is well realized and fun to explore and with good side quests with their own little contained stories.
the sidequests were a good idea but the huge majority of the time they were not worth the reward for doing them. i guess you could say the sidequest itself is the reward but having a shit reward at the end kind of ruins it. the sh4 easter egg was cool though.
>>Would've been a lot better with more dev time and budget.
agreed
>>A lot of heart and passion and great easter egg/joke ending.
agreed

Attached: 1655656161407.jpg (940x3312, 210.29K)

I agree, it's a fucking tragedy what Konami did to themselves, it seemed like the financial crisis made them even more hesitant in investing in games, i was playing Lords of Shadows the other day and i was thinking of why the hell did Konami during the 7th gen outsourced every IP except for MGS/PES to western studios without any prior pedigree (Hell most of them it was the very first game!) Unless it was all to save money and keep its spending under control and it shows with how buggy and rushed these games felt.

Funny how Mercury Steam were the only ones to survive and are now a critical darling.

I didn't like it the first time I played it but I recently replayed it on a ps3 emulator and I think it's underrated. It helps that RCPS3 fixes a lot of the technical issues the game had like stuttering and low framerate.

Its shit. Homecoming is better

You have shit taste. The game lacks any horror elements. Origins is the best western SH game but that's not a high bar

It had some good moments. Favorite area was probably the cave section early in the game. Seemed like it ran out of steam in the last third or so. I also remember it being super buggy and the frame rate would frequently drop to single digit fps.
6/10 game that would be a 7/10 if it played better.

Its pretty bad OP. I'll admit it had alot of potential but the developers dropped the ball completely once you get out of the mines.

Shattered memories

That's a fair rating.
Like i Konami basically gave them a dedlinyand wouldn't budge from it and they crunched like crazy to meet it, and as evident by only one patch post launch it seems the cut their funding too.

Version?

I still think that Homecoming if better than that crap.

SM was a neat game and I liked the psychological elements and various endings, the only bad thing was the lack of combat

>Best western developed SH by a country mile
Nope, that's probably Shattered Memories followed by Origins
>Good story and characters
The *idea* of a convict prisoner crashing near Silent Hill is cool I guess, just like the *idea* of Shepherd's Glen is rad; but the execution is horrible. The game never delves too deep on what story it's trying to convey. Is it about Murphy's guilt? Is it about the futility of revenge? Is it simply about Silent Hill as a spooky town? It's unfocused
>Tried to focus only melee
Just like SH4
>and fights being about survival against unnatural creatures
Just like literally every single SH ever
>The town is well realized and fun to explore and with good side quests with their own little contained stories
This I'll give to you, exploring the town was pretty nice and the *idea* of rewarding exploration via sidequests was a good one
>Would've been a lot better with more dev time and budget
Agreed as well, Downpour and Origins I feel are the ones that could be somewhat salvageable with more dev time while something like Homecoming would have an atrocious narrative even if given triple the budget
>A lot of heart and passion
Ehhhh...
>and great easter egg/joke ending
Unironically the best ending in the game, but that's less because of how good that one is and more because of how bad the rest are
>Go play it nerds
Maybe it shouldn't be stuck on seventh gen consoles

Attached: Murphtree Pendleton.jpg (1259x705, 97.26K)

I would've ABSOLUTELY LOVED it IF, if they didn't make it a reimagining of 1.

Isn't that how the story goes? They wanted to do pic related but Konami made them tie it to SH1 just like SH3 was supposed to be its own standalone story dealing with teenage female fears like pregnancy and the like but they had to then make it a sequel to Harry's story.

Attached: Cold_Heart_Unreleased.png (843x1182, 937.39K)