Am I a retard or is this just scummy?

>Played cuphead a long time ago when it released
>Fucking finally they add DLC, the original game was great but it was way too short
>DLC is $8 not really a big deal
>I buy it
>I install it
>I can't play it because I don't have cuphead
Why?
>Check the price for cuphead
>It's $20 more dollars for what I remember is practically 3 hours of gameplay which I've already fucking played
>Search up if the DLC is even worth it
>The fucking DLC is like one hour to one and a half hours long for $8 fucking dollars

Am I the retard in this scenario? I can't tell. Why the fuck would they let you buy DLC for a game you don't have? Why wouldn't there even be a warning before you purchase, or a warning on the page that tells you that you need to buy the entire game first? Why would it not even be titled DLC and be titled "[Episode]" making you think it could be played individually? And lastly, why the fuck would they expect you to pay $20 more fucking dollars just to play one hour of content for a 5 fucking year old game? It's ridiculous. The DLC is just a selection at the start of the title screen it has fuck all to do with the intertwining of the original.

Attached: cuphead.jpg (1280x720, 109.18K)

Doesnt it literally say on the steam page it requires the base game to play

Sorry user, but you're the tard here. It clearly says that you need the base game, I get that nobody actually reads the steam description but it WAS there. In a perfect world you could just play this little snippet on its own (I remember stuff like that kind of happening back on the Xbox live) but what are you gonna do?

>Am I the retard in this scenario
Yes you are. Because
>Why the fuck would they let you buy DLC for a game you don't have?
>He missed the big THIS DLC REQUIRES "CUPHEAD" TO BE PLAYABLE disclaimer right next to the buy button
Its not even fine print fuckery OP you colossal moron

I bought it on xbox, not steam

inter-store compatibility is also not a thing, and will never be.
You're an even bigger retard than I thought, OP

>inter-store compatibility
what are you even talking about

You are somehow even stupider than soccer moms who buy the wrong game for their kids.

Attached: Untitled.png (992x756, 663.63K)

>Retard can't read
Should say on the marketplace that it requires the base game. Don't own an Xbox but it does that on the Xbox app on PC

>The DLC is just a selection at the start of the title screen it has fuck all to do with the intertwining of the original.
it's literally not. You access the DLC from the last island in the main game.
The "DLC" option you're thinking of is a prompt to buy the addon.

>>It's $20 more dollars for what I remember is practically 3 hours of gameplay which I've already fucking played
>>Search up if the DLC is even worth it
>>The fucking DLC is like one hour to one and a half hours long for $8 fucking dollars
game worth = playtime
lol, go play you 40+ hour cinematic AAA's and stop expecting ridiculous play times out of arcade style games.
They are meant to be replayed not burned through.

>bought the game in one store
>bought the dlc in another
>WAAAAAAH WHY WONT THEY WORK TOGETHER?!?!
OP please, stop while you have SOME scrap of dignity left

Who the fuck finds $8 expensive for one and a half hours of Cuphead? You spend more at mcdonalds you fat fuck

I never even said that, I don't own the game in general right now. It came out 5 years ago.

>The Delicious Last Course is literally an acronym for "The D.L.C."
Yes, you're a fucking retard.

>I don't own the game in general right now
>he bought DLC for a game he doesnt own
.......you know what? keep hoing. I want to see just how stupid you can get

There's plenty of DLC/extra chapters released where you don't need the main game. Especially when the main game released 5 years ago. That's the main thing here. 5 years is a long time. I could have bought the game on switch and gave it to a friend or something. Why should I expect that later there's a DLC that comes out and it's half the price of the game and you still need the original? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me but whatever.

user you may be retarded

OP do you have brain damage or something?

MY FUCKING SIDES

Attached: 1653833185501.jpg (250x241, 8.34K)

>There's plenty of DLC/extra chapters released where you don't need the main game
Most games I know of that have DLC require you to own the game user
You have no one to blame but yourself

>I could have bought the game on switch and gave it to a friend or something.
The game is still tied to a digital account you fucking idiot. Unless youbrefunded it, you still have it as a digital version in your Xbox account, did you check?
>Why should I expect that later there's a DLC that comes out and it's half the price of the game and you still need the original
Because it's an addon for the original? you expect that to be independently playable?
You are at rock bottom of stupid. Im sure you have a drill to go deeper though

I paid 4 bucks what the fuck

the only games I know of that have DLC that come it THIS long after the original game are stuff like the Telltale series and they don't require you to buy those games to have them all playable. I can't even think of another game in this situation. Not even ubisoft did this with stuff like far cry blood dragon or whatever

its at the bottom,you retarded fuck

Attached: Cumhead.jpg (1207x664, 59.6K)

I promise you whatever platform you bought it on it tells you that you need the base game.

*works with
It could say needs or requires lol. it also works with my controller and my tv

>it also works with my controller and my tv
both of which are also needed to play the dlc, just like the base game.
or are you gonna complain that the dlc needs a tv screen to be playable now?

if I was going to buy a television and it said "works with playstation" and I couldn't use my tv unless I owned a playstation I would think it's fucking retarded, just as I do in this situation. I think that terminology is malicious on purpose

>and I couldn't use my tv unless I owned a playstation I would think it's fucking retarded
it also says works with netflix, cable, hulu, etc etc. And you DO need atleast one of those things so yout tv can do more than show a blank screen
I dunno OP, it seems like you just have difficulty grasping simple concepts

At the end of the day it says "works with" and not "works without". I don't think you believe what you're even saying anyway. It's not a super big deal I just think it's scummy for a business. A lot of business pull scummy moves, but maybe this measly one hour piece of content was worth the wait for you to defend it this hard