ITT: Games you loved growing up but don't think you'd enjoy replaying as an adult

Attached: Persona 3 FES.jpg (1157x1500, 137.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1251910/Kill_Yourself/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I definitely didn't connect with Persona 5 the way I did with 3 and 4, but think I would enjoy replaying them.
These games definitely "hit different" when you're actually in the target demographic.

I can't think of any. They all seem like they'd be fine playing now.

I played FES as an adult and enjoyed it even more. Tartarus is shit as always but the game itself absolutely mogs the two that came after.

The only thing I can't stand about replaying PS2 games is playing them on original hardware, they run like dogshit compared to emulating them.

I played Persona 3 for the first time as a grown-up and I very much disliked it. Junpei and some of the soundtrack are the only good parts of the game.

Abe's Oddysee, or any of the other Odd World Games.
Morrowind.
Kirby 64. Most N64 games really.

I’m an adult, but a psych major, and I greatly enjoy these games. It’s less of a “teenage power fantasy” and more of “I like to look at the sideshow of baby’s intro to psych.”

Some of it makes me cringe, although I did appreciate at least some acknowledgment in P4A that “accepting one’s shadow isn’t a one time event and then you’re done” thing.

You play as a teenage boy who has sex with every girl in town and makes friends with everyone and literally becomes the strongest person on earth and then sacrifices himself to stop the apocalypse and save humanity
How is that not a "teenage power fantasy"

Because it’s not me? I always see games as “I’m the director and the editor” not “wow, so immersive.”

I got filtered by social links, they are boring af.

regardless of your experience, the intention was for him to be a self insert, as explicitly stated by Hashino

I thought of one

Attached: JohnGoodman.png (256x307, 109.04K)

You're right OP p3p is much better

I played some Facebook MMOs with my younger brother back when I didn't even know what the fuck "MMO" meant. Tried replaying one and lost interest after less than 2 hours.

Nearly all games. Only two video games I care about these days are Doom II and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

I love Persona games, but they're fantasy games aimed at young adults/teens. they make you feel really old and alienated if you're over 25. Japanese slice of life puts youth on such a pedal stall, the older you get the harder it is to relate to these games.

However as Persona gets less enjoyable with age, Catherine gets better. It's basically Persona for adults. Now I'm getting closer to Vincent's age, I'm finding this game more enjoyable.

I wish there were more games where the focus is on being on a late 20's/30's man. Such an underutilized concept.

P6 will be college age

Sonic Colors. I forgot how many slow and annoying that game has. Act 1 and 6 are all fast for every area, but all the levels inbetween are a mixed bag.

Star Ocean 3

Tried it because it just got rereleased on PS4, it's fucking awful

Attached: index.jpg (225x224, 14.08K)

>I wish there were more games where the focus is on being on a late 20's/30's man. Such an underutilized concept.
store.steampowered.com/app/1251910/Kill_Yourself/

I still need to replay this. It’s a game I have to beat because I never did in my childhood

Ah shit really? I loved that game soo much back as a kid too, I won't touch it then. Somethings are better to stay as memories.

i've been meaning to replay jet force gemini, but the aiming is finicky when emulating

Attached: big_big_fin_club.jpg (1019x784, 155.49K)

Basically all action adventure/platformers from PS2 era

Well, it's not like it's unplayable, it just super janky, especially since I just played through Ape Escape which still plays great