I wish they made another Jedi Knight game

I wish they made another Jedi Knight game

Attached: jediknight_3294.jpg (594x446, 56.65K)

>almost 20 fucking years
>there hasn't been a single game with melee combat half as good as JA's
why

The weightneslessness of video gsme controls suit light sabers vey well.

Because we're only allowed to have cinematic movie games now.

me too user. kino series

>dark side ending wasn't canon
could've had another thrawn

yes, especially one that lets you play a hot twi'lek slut with a bare midriff like academy

Attached: aayla_secura_by_natebaertsch.jpg (700x891, 190.67K)

Consoles.
We are now forever cursed with the shitty lock on combat for the rest of eternity.

but jedi knight was on consoles too
granted, it played like shit, so I guess it was fine since devs didn't really care about making it playable for consolefags

>strong forward slash
>headstomp
>saber throw
>forward attack
>flip attack
>light slashes against strong
>medium slashes against dual
>strong against staff
>surprise pull+stab
>headstomp x 2
>backward stab
>headstomp
>saber throw
>grip
>saber throw

>why
Many factors. Lucas preferred his faggot Force Unleashed pet project over early drafts of a new Jedi Knight game. With those arguably failing commercially, Disney buying Star Wars and Lucas out of the picture, there's been no desire to return to the "old" Star Wars because it would remind everyone how much of a comparative disappointment nu-Wars has been. Kyle Katarn is unironically too cool for this era, and they know it.

You'd think in the era of fortnite ADHD zoomers, a game with mechanics like Jedi Academy would be a no-brainer. But I've come to the conclusion that the entertainment industry is run by marxist-leninist iconoclasts who actively make the effort to tear down anything from the past anyone liked and rebuild it in their own faggy image.

Attached: kyle.png (1000x1465, 2.65M)

Attached: Jedi Academy mod Movie Duels 2.webm (800x600, 2.87M)

A no-brainer in my eyes would've been to allow people to work on the EU even after the buyout, having both the disney wars and the EU continuities, but I guess their plan was to kill the frachise instead of milking it.

these games have always been fucking ass. lightsabers are the only good part but they make you play a shitty shooter for 70% of it

cringe. twi'leks are for sex slavery, not fighting as jedi

They could've done something like that, if they cared about Star Wars. But these are marxist-leninists we're talking about. They don't care about Star Wars, they're not concerned with or passionate about producing the best product possible. It's about (((the message))).

That's the thing. It's star wars so they would want to sell it to literally everyone, of course they would just grab the lock on combat and be done with it so people can actually play it with controller without wanting to throw the TV out of the window.

twi'lek jedi struggling with her genetic desire to be a submissive slut is hot though

Attached: 1545428309214.jpg (791x1038, 320.23K)

This musn't register on an emotional level.
>distract with saber throw
>avoid his blind slash
>counter with diagonal slash
>force push
>dazed, fast slash his left and his right
>shift to medium to guard break
>horizontal slash
>strong slash through his front

>SW Visions 9th Jedi
>when them sith acolyte jobbers get cut down
Fuck yes I need to replay Jedi Academy now.

Attached: 1632625923968.webm (800x450, 2.67M)

based

Yeah, pretty summed up.
God damn, I miss Kyle.
But I had no idea Lucas himself was the one pushing FU so hard.
That’s not unbelievable to me, but I honestly thought he was a bit smarter than that.
I wonder what FU would have been like with Jedi’s controls.

meh
looks like shit

Star Wars needs more sexy (pre-filoni) Chiss.

remember what disney took from you

>tfw Star Wars went from the undisputed king of quality licensed games to barely releasing any new games at all

It baffles me how quickly the IP went to shit the second that Lucas was no longer in control. I also get this vibe that much of the praise for Filoni amounts to “at least he’s not Disney”.

THE MASTER FAVORS ME

>I also get this vibe that much of the praise for Filoni amounts to “at least he’s not Disney”.
yes. His insistence on pushing his waifu front and center non stop is cringe as fuck and would rightfully be considered unacceptable under any other circumstances

This would have been pretty cool.

I think it goes beyond marxists/leninists though.
They’re just one arm of the ruling class monster.
They have deep aristocratic pockets, and whoever is pulling the strings is trying to play god and shape our future in their deranged image.
You’re right about (((the message))) being a part of that.
Money is no object to them. They don’t care how many franchises flop.
It’s a war of attrition to them. They can play the long game.

They original wanted to create a new Jedi Knight game set during the Yuuzhan Vong War with Kyle Katarn imagine the kino

>he has a master
Dark Jaden was too based and Sith-minded