25 years ago, ZSNES and SNES9X were released

25 years ago, ZSNES and SNES9X were released

They weren't the first Super Nintendo emulators, but they were the first to run games near perfectly. Hence, they captured everyone's hearts and became some of the most popular emulators ever made

Attached: IMG_20220703_013317.jpg (1280x1105, 328.8K)

emulation is soulless

I remember using zsnes because my pentium 1 couldn't handle 9x.
Good old times

the words "zsnes" and "near perfectly" don't ever go together user
It was the most compatible and easiest to use, sure, but it's one of the less "perfect" emulators out there and always has been

Very based

When I didn't have internet someone gave me a floppy disc with zsnes and two roms, the first Worms game and Dragon Ball Z Super Butouden 3. Both really bad games but I still played them to death. Later I was given a CD with Snes9x and like 200 snes roms and my mind was blown.

SNES roms were the first I ever emulated, got em off a site called Cherryroms, long since defunct. Emulation blew my world wide the fuck open and SNES9x was the emulator I used. I’m so used to my computer bein underpowered that I barely emulate PS1 games. Wanna change that in the near future.

zsnes and early emulation is soul
zoomer reddit emulation is soulless

These are copes by tendies.
>it's soulless to run a game with better framerates and resolutions than the original, the possibility of modding and for free on top
This is how much seethe you're on.

it's not the way it's meant to be played, and you are not supporting the authors

it's the definition of soulless

>caring about framerate and resolutuon on snes games
this is why we say you have no soul

I can't think of anything more soulful than going over to my friends house during the summer to play that gundam wing fighting game with him and his brothers and then his older brother burning me a copy to take home.

You're not supporting the authors by buying games either. They've already been paid for their work, potentially decades ago. They're not receiving commissions or whatnot for digital re-releases today. You're just giving money to the corporation.
And those digital re-releases are often emulation anyway. So where's your argument now?

We're all emulations

Any fellow oldfag millennials experience the majority of their SNES games through an emulator? I was too young to have a SNES in it's heyday, and I'm 31 now, so I figure I can't be the only one like this.

Fpwp

>You're just giving money to the corporation.
the corporation that employs them, giving them a chance for continued employment? well then

My first emulated games were GB and N64 games my older sister installed on our PC back in 2000, its how i first played Pokemon Gold and never looked back since.

>moving the goalposts
And we're done here.

t. australian

I didn't move the goalposts. You are supporting the authors. If a game flops, everyone gets fired even if they already received the wages for their work in the game.

Besides you already did a sleazy move by detaching the corporation from the authorship. The corporation is the author too. If you want more games like that in future, you better buy them.

>but they were the first to run games near perfectly

Attached: 2e.png (327x316, 207.7K)

those boots must be mighty tasty to be licking them so hard

>the way it's meant to be played
That is such a pathetic and sad thing to say.
Like, you have the mentality of an actual serf.