I find RTS too stressful to enjoy. Too many things to happening at once and you can't take a breather

I find RTS too stressful to enjoy. Too many things to happening at once and you can't take a breather.

Anyone else?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1192x627, 159.8K)

Tower defense instead

I feel that but only against humans. I get zero stress from playing against CPU opponents.

I'm really liking the Starship Troopers game.

Attached: clearing mine.webm (888x500, 2.36M)

I can't play multiplayer in rts for some reason
Everything else is fine but rts multiplayer - just cant do it

How is a game stressful nigga
Just get used to it lmao, just practice

Why do zoomies not like RTS when they are used to doing 5 things at the same time?

Yep. I tried playing Starcraft 2 multiplayer and that's some stressful stuff. Every match took my absolute concentration. Like, it was exhausting. I never made it past low Platinum.

This. I always just built a bunch of Tesla coils and prism towers in whatever c&c it was. Never played multiplayer so I'm sure it's a shit strategy.

The key is that most of it should become stuff you do without thinking. If you decided you want to spend some of the next resources on buying marines, it should be as reflex-based as scratching an itch to spam [Barracks unit group]+A whenever you're close to 50 minerals.

Or when you see that the enemy Zerg is building mass roaches, you don't have to think about what to do, your body is already pressing the hotkeys required to update your barracks so you can build Marauders (Maybe you wont want to build them 100% of the time but I simplified it for the example.

People have different levels of macro skill but after a while you should be able to upkeep the bare minimum level of macro without putting any brain capacity into it, besides in very micro-heavy scenarios where you might find yourself sitting on a pile of unused minerals at the end

I think it's because especially in games like SC2, unless you're a god of scouting, you feel very vulnerable all the time. The enemy could come from any direction at any time and end the game in 30 seconds with an army build you didn't mange to spot. Or maybe your army was too far away. Or maybe they invested into flying and you have no counter ready. Or maybe those flying units are constantly circling your base looking for vulnerable spots if you don't pay attention.

If there was no fog of war, I don't think people would feel stressed even if they saw that they were in a terrible posititon macro-wise

I too watched Forsen play SC2 yesterday

Unironically this.
People are always looking for shortcuts in competitive games, and while there are ways to play that will make you improve and ways that won't, at the end of the day you have to get over your queue anxiety and just play the game for hundreds and thousands of hours

just play 4v4 then, game has matchmaking u will face the shitters as you

It's because developers keep making the games too fast. Starcraft 2 would be considerably better of a game if they took the speed down by 20-25%.

Fog of war is some golden calf that people refuse to let go of for reasons I can't fathom. All necessitating scouting does is give games a pseudo RNG element and let people win in unsatisfying ways. Chess doesn't have fog of war.

i enjoy and achieve satisfaction from trying to press the buttons as fast as i can

Also a lot of rts games (or games in general) have been going overboard with the resource management side. Like I really wanted space haven but every stream I see if it it's a ton of reading tiny text instead of enjoying the scenarios

No don't get me wrong, fog of war has to exist to make the game interesting.
Chess works without it because obviously both players have the same army (boring) but also because it lacks the more advanced manouvers of RTS games like flanking, ambushes, building counter-units etc.
If you took away the fog of war from RTS games you could not have all the playmaking potential. For example if the game even had unit building at that point, when you saw that the enemy started building counters to you, you would immediately start countering that. He would see it right away and start to build counters for your counters and if you're immediately cancelling your unit time after time to see who quits building the counter unit first, it would feel bad. And alternatively if you couldn't cancel unit creation anymore, it would also feel bad and force both players into a stalemate where neither side wants to commit to any army build before the other guy

Also unlike in soemthing like AoE where you can just build walls to hide your builds from scouts, at least in SC2 with flying units and no real wall mechanics besides terran ramp memes, you would take away the entire information gathering aspect of the game which has an incredibly high skillcap. Anyone can send one zergling at the tower at the center but when you need to have multiple scouts at once that are also being chase down, there's so much potential for outplay

Is it worth buying full price? I fucking love starship troopers but I don't want a half finished cash grab

I don't think this is true. RTS are pretty dead but Company of Heroes is probably the biggest multiplayer RTS game outside of SC2 and AoE and it has like a 20% focus on macro instead of the 50% of SC2.

But also the fact is that people seem to like 3 types of RTS
>ADHD micro-intensive RTS, normally with equally intensive macro systems. Such a fast pace that you're not gonna have time to stop and think, 85% of the gameplay has to come from built up reflexes
>War game influenced RTS that happens on a large map with very slow pace and no basebuilding, gameplay mostly consists of setting up ambushes and doing sweeping flanks to the sides of fortified enemy units. For example Steel Division
>Medium paced RTS with a focus on building static defenses to see if they hold up against the enemy attack and trying to find a weakspot in the enemies defenses. For example CoH and AoE

People say they want a game where you
>Don't have to intense focus on basebuilding and continuous unit buildup
>Don't have to have to have the micro skills of a korean gaming god
>Build choices coming from few but impactful decisions rather than a million different factors
But then an RTS like this would be very casual with not enough playmaking/skillcap potential for the competitive player.
But take that simplified game, multiply the elements by tenfold. But now it's too intense again. We need moving pieces to make the gameplay more engaging but can't overwhelm the player. Ok, just share that tenfold load with 10 players. Now you have a MOBA

I suppose you like some comfy turnbase strategy games instead, OP.
Nothing wrong about it, to be honest, i really like both.

The campaign is well made, but it's pretty much all it has.