Hades

Now that the dust has settled. What do we think? Greatest game of all time?

Attached: hadesgoonheader.png (1290x725, 288.82K)

Indie game of the year at best. Fun to play but really basic. It is the music and full VA what really puts it over.

>Indie game of the year at bes
So game of the year? Cause God knows AAA studios make nothing but trash nowadays.

why does it have the LGBTQ+ tag on steam

greeks were faggots

Greeks were very gay I hear

You can incest your brother

6/10
Falls into the classic roguelike trap of being overdesigned. Lack of room, enemy, boss and build variety also doesn't help

Greek mythology

wrong. Greeks though women were so shit and caused so many problems that some of their high caste individuals popularized more or less platonic love between an older and younger man, which of course would become erotic love in many cases, to remove the female bullshit from ruining and dragging down excellent men. The overall percentage was still far below modern homosexuality rates. The average joe wasn't a fag. It's as if future generations judged our society by the behavior and works of Freddie Mercury because that was passed on. On one side they'd appreciate our musical achievements, on the other they'd think we were all fags. Kinda like the Thai ladyboys existing doesn't mean that all of Thailand is homo. Homosexuality is a mental underdevelopment that occurs in early development age, when blind attachment doesn't properly progress to emotional independence in the growing toddler. (And abuse is a primary factor to cause that...)

7/10 for me
The modern take on the characters is extremely bland below all the fluff. They're pretty cartboard. Hades has no edge and behaves like a California simp rather than a greek youth. The gods are superficially fickle and vengeful, but underneath fall for the same "we all love you and each other" California daydream.

Gameplay is pretty good, but it gets boring anyway eventually as there is not enough variety per run. After the first two runs i stopped losing and got the first ending very quickly, then had to grind forever for the second ending, which was a 15 second afterthought. So ultimately it didn't feel like anything happened other than running the same 4 areas over and over. The boss changes and dialogue were good, but not good enough to replace plot and make the game interesting. A lot of effort went into cosmetics and dialogues that are pointless.

got bored when realize all there is its just the same character going through the same shit, dying. get 10% more health and spend another 2 hours grinding and dying just to get another 10% at some other stat.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that here. Got the game after so much hype, and was incredibly disappointed after playing it a while. Was fun at first getting upgrades, but then when I realized it's the same enemies nearly every room, and the certain upgrades didn't make much of a difference in gameplay outside of weapons I just became bored than never attempted bothering turning it back on again.

I had a 50+ escape streak

it's shit.
if you continued playing after killing hades once, there is probably something wrong with you

Ending was flat as fuck.

Should have had a Demeter fight rather than have the plot of the game just fizzle out.

I'd say it's a decent game but, as a long-time fan, all the other Supergiant titles have left a much better taste in my mouth. Definitely not GOTY material.

Last great new game I have played since it came out. Despite the aesthetic poz (faggots, black greeks) the gameplay is solid, replayable fun.

Recommendations for newbies
1. Artemis for high-damage slow attacks like the sword or paws.
2. Dionyseus Hangover for fast attacks like the rail or Bow's special.
3. Build toward Exclusive Acess, the most powerful boon if you get it early.

Attached: 1656726116233.jpg (872x1642, 593.68K)

or alternatively just play a good version of the same game without having to deal with any of the poz shit

Attached: curse-of-the-dead-gods.jpg (745x753, 105K)

Attached: 1605173337586.jpg (378x450, 33.5K)

of course it is, fellow paid shill

Attached: hades.jpg (1920x1100, 677.57K)