How did they fuck it up so badly?

How did they fuck it up so badly?

Attached: Halo_infinite_cover.png (400x508, 439.6K)

General 343i incompetence, as we saw before with MCC and H5

it was a bit repetitive and the story didn't really go anywhere (i assume their plan was to expand it over the years). but it wasn't really bad. just fairly mediocre

Microsoft are retarded, that's why.
>Halo ruined
>Gears ruined
>Zoo Tycoon ruined
>Banjo ruined
And now
>Minecraft ruined

Attached: 1655580538449.gif (300x300, 737.92K)

Is Gears shit now? I played 1-3 on x360 and enjoyed them but I can't get into 4 & 5 for some reason. I thought it was just me

I actually liked it. I bothered to finish campaign, although I thought the indoor missions were garbage (grab this power seed user!). I play the multiplayer daily

I thought 3 and Judgement were shit. I liked Gears 4, but Gears 5 was so bad I couldn't even finish it. Gears 5 is so bad, it makes Halo 5 look great.

at least forza horizon is still good

Idk I enjoyed it well enough. If it's about the story I checked out in 4 as soon as they pulled somehow, the locust returned'

I was intrigued by seeing punished JD in a trailer but then he's literally only like that for one cutscene

343 have the worst fucking producers

FH1 is still the best one.

I played 4 for an hour, but it really did just seem like I'm driving about an open world without much to do. Glad it's still liked by its fans though.
I remember being pretty disappointed in 2's multiplayer, but liking the story a lot. Something about grenades, I'm sure, but I loved downing people, picking them up and fucking them against a wall. Gears is great for teabagging / humiliating players.

4 was alright. The first act was ass, the second one was alright. And slowly it ramps up until you're in a giant mech fighting brumaks. I can understand why people wouldn't like that, but I thought it was a great execution. It felt both like you were playing Gears, and also a weighty, massive mecha. I thought it was funny when you finally save (?) Kaits (?) mom at the end, and she suddenly has this locust medal. I'm sure this made some Gears fans onions out, but I thought it was absolutely retarded.

Literally what is pic related? Why did Gears 4 also have Run the Jewels? I just don't understand what they're doing with this franchise anymore

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.58M)

>incompetence due to diversity hires and quotas
>lack of unified vision, keep trying to do their own new and different thing instead of isolating and doubling down on what made bungie games good
>lack of content and game modes

Attached: 1648832908359.webm (1280x720, 621.68K)

I liked 4 the best so far, but I can definitely see why you'd like 1 the best. (I haven't played 5 yet). One (1) has the best progression, less annoying characters and a good soundtrack

343 never had a coherent plan for the series. They don't understand Halo on a fundamental level, so there's no way they'll be able to ever make a good Halo game.

only last one is objectively true.

FH1 is the only one which has a campaign with progression. Everything else is just a directionless open world.

If you like that style, though, there's not much difference between the newer entries.

Actually, maybe the game is playable.

Attached: file.png (884x704, 1.26M)

I'm a little confused. Why is Kait not a locust drone?

Attached: file.png (1919x1079, 3.83M)

It's 343.

>make a hero shooter game
>spent years doing it
>one afternoon in 2018 decided to look at current gaming news
>hero shooters died and was replaced with battle royale like pubg and fortnite
>scrap everything and start over
>progress poorly since all contractors that worked on hero shooter version left and you had to rehire new contractors to replace them
>spent most of their time changing it to be like fortnite
>corona virus hits and had to stop dead on your track
>time to show gameplay because the series x will be out in couple of months
>it was so shit microsoft forced them to delay it for another year
>realizing there's nothing to the game
>decided make it a live service game in hope the microtransactions would make them some money to lazy around
>didn't realize they need contents for the game to be a live service
>now no one plays it because it has nothing
>to recoup all lost money, they put microtransactions to MCC since that's the only game they have that people plays
>forgetting the reason people play MCC is because they can't play old games online like old days
343 should just be disbanded and let someone else handle halo franchise.

these are the same people that smugly stated they specifically hired people that didn't like halo to work on the new games.

They put microtransaction in MCC? Ahaha, no way. When you list everything such as you have, then what a total disaster. Other people are right, they don't have the organisational capacity or ethos to make a proper Halo game. HI is a clone of the key elements of the way in which people remember H1, but we all know it lacks a certain energy and soul. Maybe we'll never refill the gap time leaves. As people, we probably can't get the same feelings out of our brains. It'd be interesting to see if HI kickstarts any kids' love of the series, like the originals did 20 years ago. How do the new games make 15-year-olds react?

Honestly, people are itching for Overwatch, but good (subjective.)
They should've risked it.

it's only matter of time

Attached: Screenshot_103.jpg (1098x500, 236.74K)