What is your favorite video game secret?

Attached: secretshop.png (608x480, 297.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wzb4NNp86RA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>get lost in this part as a kid and end up quitting the game
>decide to play it as an adult
>get lost in this part and want to quit the game

Attached: 1654625281556.jpg (640x480, 47.96K)

This motherfucker actually missed out on the Glitzville chapter

To be fair Paper mario the thousand years door can quite nuclear at times and then there's the backtracking... Which i Honestly think is worse that Paper mario on the N64, mostly because the first paper mario was shorter

I think Twilight Town had the worst case of backtracking aside from General White chasing purely because of how narrow the fucking forest paths are.

Yep, this honestly why i still prefer the first paper mario over Door, plus i think the companions were more fun on Paper Mario 64, because at certain point on thousand years Door some partners become kinda irrelevant

>jabble thread
Finally, a based thread on Any Forums.
Anyway who's your favorite Paper Mario character?

Attached: 1646100902679.png (1069x871, 197.64K)

I recently played through both again and holy fuck playing through and revisiting 64 is such smooth experience and then parts of TTYD are like pulling teeth
>enter Boggly Woods
>go through Boggly Woods
>go to tree
>find out you need Flurrie
>go to her house
>go back to the start of Boggly Woods
>fight sirens
>then go back to Flurries house
>then go back to the tree
So many instances where it just wants you to retread the same path multiple times for no reason. As much as I love chapter 4, it's the extreme example of it, where you go through the same section of woods like 4 or 5 times. Compared to 64, in the game you barely ever have to backtrack the exact same area at all

TTYD gets significantly worse each time I replay it. Like I remember loving the train mystery chapter, but I dreaded playing it on a replay.
Glitzville is of course amazing and there are some bright flashes elsewhere in the game, but it's not the complete package like 64 is.

Which Yoshi did you get, user?

Attached: 1655238444841.png (613x125, 44.65K)

Get your disgusting fucking J*bbi ass out of this Puni thread, fucking vermin!

Attached: Punford.png (200x200, 19.66K)

Goombella stands out because I find it hilarious that goombas live to go to college.
Bow is still one of the most memorable ones for me because of her attitude and because Chapter 3 for 64 was fantastic.

This.
Honestly this also why i don't like talking about thousand years door because everytime i bring the flaws of the game people loose their shit, hell is not like i'm calling the game shit i just think Paper Mario 64 is a smoother experience but for some reason treat TYD as the same way people treat FFVII

I think TTYD has the higher highs but also lower lows. The character writing is more charming in TTYD and there's just a ton of personality from Rogueport, Glitzville, Keyhaul Key, etc.
I don't disagree with how seamless P64's progression is though, although it ever so slightly fumbles a bit at Flower Fields I think.
I think SPM actually has a great story but weaker partners, primarily because you have four main characters who kind of get to interact. The world building from the history of pixls from the bartender guy were actually really cool. I saved the gamefaqs transcript of that shit years ago and still probably have the link somewhere in my bookmarks.

Attached: Archaeology Nerd.jpg (775x822, 432.25K)

>Goombella stands out because I find it hilarious that goombas live to go to college.
Plus the valley girl speech they gave her is pretty funny

>everyone says the woods are the worst part
>I love them
The atmosphere felt like it was through the roof. Didn't have any issues with the little minigame. Has one of the best songs too. I definitely didnt give a shit about the ally you get there but that was my only complaint.

This game has a lot of romantic and sexual undertones now that I think about it. At least compared to modern games.

Yeah I didn't have too much to complain about for the Great Boggly Tree.
Besides Flurrie, as you've mentioned, I think the biggest issue for me was how tranquil Boggly Woods' OST is but when you start interacting with Punies the music becomes grating as shit.

What the fuck were they thinking with the Pixls as characters? I get that Peach, Luigi, and Bowser being involved would make it harder to flesh them out, but there could've at least been an attempt made. I thought pic related had a pretty interesting and fun personality but like all other Pixls, literally only just dialogue for her introduction and nothing else. Would it had killed them to make the currently used Pixl speak up at times? For such a dialogue heavy game, it's funny how these guys could've needed it.
>bartender guy
Those stories were pretty cool, I enjoyed hearing some of the character backstories

Attached: Dottie.png (1192x1146, 387.81K)

Kind of like how the Curse Chests in TTYD are actually the remnants of the four heroes, I recall how pixls used to be relevant in all those bartender backstories too. Maybe it's just one of many things I can shake my fist at Miyamoto for or something because it really makes no sense to me.
And if nothing else, the OST was also pretty great.
youtube.com/watch?v=wzb4NNp86RA

>has an entire secret backstory you get for doing good at the minigames in the parlor
soul

Attached: 1652656248349.png (391x392, 173.9K)

I'll be the first to say it:
As based as Rawk Hawk is, Glitz Pit is an incredibly boring slog because it's all:
>ok do this fight, but with a handicap
>now backtrack down these long ass halls EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. you need to progress the chapter
>Oh, you finally cleared the chapter? Well you lost your title, so you have to do it all over again :)))
>oh, and have fun doing several long ass backtracking segments just to give a guy some hot dogs TWICE

originally?
Pink. Will never forget that ugly lil faggot.
Every time after?
Rigged it for black.

I love enemy bestiaries so it was always a treat for me to go through them.
I just love the atmosphere of it all, despite the backtracking. I said it before, but Twilight Town was the worst with it.