Sam & Max

Always wanted to play a Sam & Max game. Which one should I start with? I presume the first one, but you never know.

Feel free to recommend other games of the genre. (I guess Grim Fandango and other good point & click games)

Attached: Sam_&_Max.png (284x351, 133.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uhs-hints.com/).
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I prefer the voice acting and performance of the telltale games, which in a game where the comedy is pretty much all you're getting, matters a lot. Honestly they're all perfectly fine, just don't play the censored version of "Save the World remastered", and play the original first before playing "Devil's toybox"

the first one is okay, but be prepared for some retarded puzzles that you wouldnt have figured out on your own

Start with Hit the Road. Then the Telltale trilogy, but do NOT play the remasters you can find on Steam. They're woke shit that remove jokes, from all over the games but mostly from one cross-dressing comedy scene (you know why).
They also replace one of the voice actors from a white guy to a black guy because the character is "black-coded" even though the fucker has gray skin. And the new voice actor is far worse, of course.
Instead, just pirate the original versions of the games. Last I played these, they ran just fine on a Windows 10 computer.

By original, I mean play Save The World before playing devil toybox. All the games are self contained except those two, and all are fun enough on their own

Even then, there are a few callbacks. There's really no reason to not play all the games in-order.

>I guess Grim Fandango
no, you don't
>guess Grim Fandango
you PLAY Grim Fandango right at this instance ya mook!!

Attached: Muchas Calaveras.gif (500x327, 2M)

Thanks. I played poker night at the inventory 1 & 2 and liked the voice actors a lot so I figure it must be good stuff.
Eh, it's fine, I like trying all sorts of twisted and stupid things without having to brutre-force my way through.
Thanks, sucks to hear they got the big sister (male) treatment. Will definitely pirate. I'll be playing them on penguin OS, do I need to emulate?
Duly noted, thanks.
It's definitely on my list but I'm not sure if it's as humorous and absurd as Sam & Max, which is what I'm in the mood for right now. Thanks though :)

I haven't tried myself, but WINE should work just fine for the Telltale trilogy. Dosbox will do you for Hit the Road.

>wine
Heheh, I can just add the games to steam as non-steam games and run them through proton.

Attached: n5i4hrS.png (540x349, 92.92K)

You can play the dlc of the remaster that doesn't censor any jokes, but that's up to you.

Attached: Screenshot_20220701-150141_Samsung Internet.jpg (719x1023, 265.53K)

>the censored version of "Save the World
Are you talking about the tranny line? I pirated it though.

That user was not joking. Grim fandango is not just a great adventure game. It is very funny. It is just a lot of dark humour so that depend on your preferences. If you just want humour , just play the first three Monkey island games (but i guess you already did)
Start with the old game "sam & max hit the road". It is very very "sam & maxy" but puzzles can be sometimes confusing. After that you can play the three season of telltale in order. Those gradually get better with each episode. They contain a lot of amazingly funny moments and also sometimes some boring/random parts. Overall they are a lot of fun
If you want , "lighthearted" p&c recommandations :
> almost all adventures made by lucasart between 1990 and 1999 ( a lot of them got remasters )
> The four deponia games (great art ,great world, edgy humour and characters , fun puzzles with few weird ones)
> The edna and harvey games (real gems. Honestly my favorite non lucasart series. It got good light and dark humour, good story, good characters and puzzles that are mostly solvable) (the first one have even a very similar fun sam & max dynamic between edna and harvey)
>hector badge of carnage (Very crude and edgy humours. And it does it very very well)
>Tales form borderlands (Fun enough at times with memorable scenes. Good of you are someone who want "big" graphics and production values. It is a good time but is one league bellow most of stuff i listed )

Attached: s&m.jpg (800x600, 81.74K)

I didn't play any of the Monkey Island games, but there are definitely a bunch of puzzle games I'm going to get into. I'm a FPShead but lost use of my dominant arm so I'm headed towards something else for now. I'll check the recommendations, thanks a bunch for effortposting, user.
There are also a couple of FMV games like Harvester and Phantasmagoria I'll get to playing.

Bosco also has a completely different voice.

Hit the Road>Saves the World>Beyond Time Space>Devil's Playhouse
The telltale games are pretty easy. Havent tried the VR one.

Anything else?

Hope you get better user.
I got addicted to p&c games last few years. Especially ones that are "lighthearted" at least in first sight. So i enjoy doing these long posts.
I will give you a rundown of lucasart games if you are new to them too.
>monkey island 1&2
Both got a remasters . They are probably the most funny games i ever played . You don't need any specific humour preferences to enjoy them. I think these are the best entery points and are what hooked me into the genre in first place.
>Day of tentacle
It got a remaster .Pretty much a "what if" there was a point&click looney tunes/hanna barbera with lucasart production values. Very lighthearted ,fun and got the puzzles pacing (there is always an other puzzle to try while being stuck)
>Full throttle
It got a remaster. It is one of the "serious ones" as it i got serious story with stakes etc but still funny/humorous and set in some futuristic world with motorcycle in center
>sam & max hit the road
Nothing to add to what i said before. It got no remaster but hold up fairly okay. It is probably one of the few games older than 1995 that i played fully. But if you hate and dont tolerate old games. It will be the most challenging to get into.
>grim fandango
Nothing to add to what i said before. It got a remaster even if it barely change stuff. It still make more acessible
>curse of monkey island (third game)
I would say that it is the one that aged the best without any remaster. You can play it with "scummvm". It feature some of the most balanced puzzles with the usual monkey island charm of humour , art and dialogue.

Something important to keep in mind user is all these games are amazing experience but a lot of them can feature very hard or non sense puzzles. If you are not the patient type (i am not ... despite my love of the genre) , it is okay to use something like this website if you get stuck more than one hour in something (uhs-hints.com/).

Not a big loss, but there's a joke with Cybil that goes something like "'Did you ask her if she's ever killed a man?' 'No, that would be sexist'", that got removed. It wasn't a funny joke in the first place but the fact that something so benign got axed shows you their thought process.

Hit the road is a surreal classic. The comics are pretty funny too.

Attached: samandmaxmanatee.jpg (650x714, 198.51K)

I wanna throw in the Deponia series, but you gotta go in knowing the mc is an almost unredemable asshole, and the first twist in episode 1 is a slight plothole in that it dosn't quite nake sense, but beyond that it's full of some great puzzles and the mc is quite entertaining for the ride.

Ah, well then, I can fully understand.

Thanks! I can generally be rather patient, I loved to play all sorts of more streamlined puzzle games (TIS-100, Talos, The Witness etc). So it should mostly be alright.

I just feel like point and click games generally have such nice art and writing without forgetting to be funny, I just don't get that from most contemporary games, although that might just be lack of knowledge and whatnot.

Thanks!

Well you brought em up might aswell start posting the best

Attached: 1654519469615.jpg (1082x1400, 451.25K)

I remember seeing a video that was like 5-7 minutes of removed or reworded dialogue, it was quite a while ago but I remember the biggest cop-out being a joke about Boscoe selling you some kind of spray or gas that can clear a campus full of college protestors in seconds

KEK, I remember that joke about college protesters now, too. They really removed anything that could even come close to offending a tranny.

Yeah you should be more than fine. I loved the hell out of Talos but the witness was a bit too much for me despite appreciating a lot the effort that went into the game I couldn't play the whole thing.

When those p&c games "click" , they are amazing. It is like your favorite funny show (say early simpson or looney tunes) or old disney/pixar movie but you are immersed in it and can interact with the characters/events.