My favorite game genre is "small comfy rural towns and villages with colorful characters surrounded by mysterious and...

My favorite game genre is "small comfy rural towns and villages with colorful characters surrounded by mysterious and dangerous wilderness with a hint of lore behind it all"

Bonus for
>cute graphics
>catchy music
>fun movement
>reasons to go back and forth

Post games in this genre

Attached: 1616809746912.png (3124x3124, 349.63K)

People like you are why vidya is dying

I thought this was a Ragnarok Online map by the thumbnail like Night Payon or some such, but that's pretty aesthetic and cool looking, OP.

That's not a genre, that's an aesthetic.
It's not something that can be turned into a game either since there's no hint of gameplay.

i like that genre too. but i prefer a very, not slightly, dangerous exterior world; and also for the lore to be more in the foreground.
>t. gamedev making my dream game

pic related does this better than anywhere else
no other game contains this much pure Soule
and zero container respawn means you can make literally anywhere a base or home without worrying about the engine poofing your loot or decor

Attached: tr_may22_10_cellexp1.jpg (3775x3720, 2.43M)

>very, not slightly, dangerous exterior world; and also for the lore to be more in the foreground.
Ideally it's the same for me, it's just that these are harder to pull off and more prone to being mishandled so I try to keep my expectations modest. A balance is the best option in my opinion, where the first half is not as dangerous and the lore is in the background, and when shit gets going in the second half it gets dangerous and the lore moves to the foreground.

This genre has been on the ropes since the PS2, the latest games I think would qualify are
>Guacamelee
>Stardew Valley
>Bugsnax

When talking about games, "genre" usually refers to gameplay. You are thinking of "theme".

name 1 million games

Ninety Nine Nights 2

Im bumping this for interest. I'd say Stardew Valley, Alan Wake of sorts, Siren 2 (altho not comfy, it has a Japanese rural aesthetic)

>tailor AI to generate 1 million similar games by inputting every "comfy" game by general consensus

Attached: d91.gif (331x197, 1.91M)

stardew valley
harvest moon
that's it

Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past and Wind Waker
Jak and Daxter
Tomba 1 and 2
Pokemon Red/Blue/Gold/Silver
Spyro trilogy
Digimon World 1 and 3
MegaMan Legends 1 and 2
Lots of JRPGs

you must have read my mind user. i love the narrative structure of
>existential threat to the community is hinted early
>but the first half of the game more involves getting to know everyone in town and having relatively light adventures into the wilderness
>in the second half, that threat steps fully into the spotlight and everyone must deal with it
>your choices matter profoundly and impact how others around you deal with the threat in turn
i'm not sure this has been done in any specific game before, but desu it's basically the plot of mine.

Attached: d602df1253686269840c42466de16b6f.jpg (470x676, 65.9K)

Unironically

Attached: RuneScape_2_logo.png (448x147, 15.53K)

Legend of Mana

Attached: dfgdfg.png (640x448, 105.68K)

The GOAT

Attached: Harvest Moon Magical Melody Title Screen.png (1318x996, 1.46M)

Breath of fire, its an rpg but the games have some town building in it and some of the best pixelart capcom has ever done

My time in Portia

Doesn't fit exactly but you might like Earthbound.

Are there any games that actually look like this?

No because it's a fan-made pixel art village but with gameboy pokemon npcs. They just look good to farm social medias (You)s but they never make a game.

Why would you bother making a game? Most people only care about the Pokemon aspect and won't give a shit about your OC game, and if you try to make a fangame you're going to get C&Dd.