Why is the Character Action genre still dead?

I thought DMC5's sucess would be a hope to revitalize it in the industry, but until now we're still stuck on 7th gen obsessions like ubishit open wolrds, snoy like movie games and soulscrap.

Attached: images (100).jpg (522x588, 38.85K)

>Character Action genre
no such thing

what are some non character action games?

>DMCfag/action game thread
Weren't you suppose to seethe about other action games not being DMC until Ninja Gaiden avatarfag comes and becomes a more massive faggot in every thread?

Sekiro.

>Sekiro
not an action game

Because they need to have mechanics that are actually good to be successful.
DMCV is literally a PvE 3d fighting game made by the company with over 40 years of fighting game experience on their backs. The amount of knowledge they need to have to pull a game like dmcv is insane.
If you don't have this knowledge at best you'll end up with something like Sekiro which is laughed at for being a "one button masher" or a "rhythm game". That if you have serious people behind the game, else you end up with the trainwreck that is DmC.
I'm not saying that Sekiro is bad (i liked it), but the likes of DMC or Bayonetta, etc are far more complex than one can imagine despite being fun and quirky games on the surface.

but you play as a character in sekiro

The character action genre is extremely tribalized so there is no reason to make new games for it.

Assault Spy was made by one dude. So is Ultrakill. Even if people hated it for how trashy it was, Ninja Theory's DmC was a decent stand alone action game.

AAA companies just aren't trying.

> So is Ultrakill
>ea trash
Lol

DMC5 sold well because its DMC, not because the genre itself is particularly popular or a good return on investment.

And most of those sales were either nostalgia-driven sales or just people curious due to the internet hype.
Almost none of those people would buy another character action game.

they're not very marketable for the casual normalfag, which is why they're fun to play

because honestly they are not THAT fun. Games like Bayonetta and MGR:R are heavily carried by the plot and interesting characters.

Show us your awards in Bayonetta

Play Scarlet Nexus. Easily the best character action game of 2021 and one of the best released in years.

I'm playing a certain game Any Forums hates and I'm having a decent amount of fun with it.

Attached: [sound=https%3A%2F%2Fa.pomf.cat%2Ftiamtc.mp3].webm (800x450, 2.8M)

Name of the game? If Any Forums hates it, it must be a decent game at worst.

>she doesn't have 4chanx

No wait, found it.
Yeah, Any Forums hates the fuck out of it. I think I may give it a try.

If you're playing a game that gets the chimps on this site mad period you're already doing much better than they are. Keep doing it.

One day indies will have such versatile tools (and asset creation options) that they will usher in a ps2-esque 3D action game renaissance.

You can only revert to Souls simplicity or Arkham-style homogeneity for so long. Eventually you'll have to start exploring more nuanced 3D combat systems to stand out.
And titles such as DMC/NG/Godhand/Bayo/etc are all there to be copied.

Attached: EJV7YX4X0AAwbQe.jpg (886x864, 102.58K)