Spain regulated lootboxes

Get in here!
>loot boxes being defined as Random Reward Mechanisms (RRM)
>RRM == "when the activation of the reward mechanisms costs money or other virtual objects acquired with money directly or indirectly"
>also affects NFTs and crypto
>physical and virtual advertisements for RRMs regulated and forbidden outside of gaming related websites; radio and TV advertisements are forbidden outside of 0100-0500 timeframe in the morning
All games containing RRMs
>age restriction to +18
>ID card verification mandatory
>% chances disclosure required
About fucking time for another domino to fall...
We might finally be on the way to get rid of this cancer once and for all.
inb4 sauce
reuters.com/world/europe/spain-crack-down-videogame-loot-boxes-blamed-pathological-behaviour-2022-06-01/
xataka.com/legislacion-y-derechos/quieres-comprar-loot-box-saca-dni-espana-va-a-prohibirlas-a-menores-tiene-sistema

Attached: 16984616984613.png (700x411, 445.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hx1Qzb3-yag
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Basado
Fuck gachatards

>fines from 25,000 to 100,000 euros
That seems pretty low, unless it's a fine per day until they fix/remove RRMs or something.

Progress

Baste, but Spain is pretty much a third world country that no one gives a shit about
if we want this garbage to end its gonna have to be illegal in relevant countries, like Germany, the UK, and specially China
> inb4 muh china bullshit
listen niggers China is the biggest market for this kind of shit. you kill it there, its GONE.

nice now regulate your clearly corrupt videogame journalism

go kill yourself

>third world shithole does thing
who cares

>Las prioridades

I wouldn't say Spain regulating lootboxing should be underestimated. They are no Germany/France/US, but they have a sizeable population and they are not a small player on EU stage either.
Afaik, Netherlands, Belgium and now Spain regulated lootboxes to different degrees. Many countries, such as UK, were looking into regulating lootboxes for some time now.
It's clear that we are seeing dominos falling and other countries will most likely.
I might be talking about of my ass, but I'd be surprised if we will not see EU wide regulation, be it on the EU or national level, in a few years, max. 2030.

good, hopefully more countries follow suit until lootboxes get removed from games.

Classic burger mentality
Just because we speak Spanish doesn't mean we have anything to do with thirdie latam shitholes

>la creatividad

After Netherlands, Belgium and Spain, chances are more countries will have similar laws over the next years in the EU. Spain is just one more small step.
The argument to keep minors away from shit gambling companies is quite sound.
Probably many of these shit games won't be released in Spain anymore at all in the future, because the companies don't want to deal with the law, which is good news.

They been talking time to time (almost nothing) for a handful of years, so it's more a "and we did it at last" than a priority.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hx1Qzb3-yag

FIFA in shambles

Then we can finally have fair real online multiplayer games again as days long past, all it had to take was a major franchise(Star wars) to expose these practices

Attached: C7265662-AEC1-4937-98C5-B3C1050B6CD6.jpg (1280x720, 82.82K)

With this Spain is joining the Netherlands and Belgium in cracking down on lootboxes. Infact; the Netherlands is in the process of revising its legislation for lootboxes which up to now is aimed at regulating them as games of chance, and wants to up the ante to outright banning them. The motivation in the official paperwork is literally the fact that EA managed to find a loophole to overturn their fine for FIFA FUT packs in appeal. So yeah; good work on signing your own death-warrant on that one EA.

That makes for three countries within the EU sofar. In Scandinavia, the governments are also looking at options for regulation or banning, following a scientific study from Sweden that has had major backing from all across Europe.

Meanwhile, France and Germany had both declared years back during the Battlefront 2 drama that they would adopt a wait-and-see approach and would likely follow suit with whatever other nations would decide with over time. So you can expect them to close the rank and file as well, pretty soon.

Also - China has been clamping down on online expenditures for games and online gaming in general for some time now.
And even Japan itself, where "gacha" originated, has had its bouts with regulating some of the more outlandish aspects of lootboxes.

Basically - the US is the only relevant market in the world which HASN'T been showing signs of wanting to regulate or ban these toxic business practices. Which is ... just so quintessentially American, if you think about it.

What do Spaniards think about Mexicans?

Attached: 1656705237050.jpg (2152x2524, 2.5M)

>but I'd be surprised if we will not see EU wide regulation
They've already ratified a directive that will neuter crypto ponzi-schemes and NFTs. This is just the logical next thing - and rumor has that it's already been in the works for some months now.

Lootbox games will simply jump out of Spain, they can afford to as there is too much money to be made elsewhere

>finally have fair real online multiplayer games again
Besides Battlefront 2, what games actually used loot boxes as p2w? I'm under the impression that it's all cosmetics.

>lootboxes causes "pathological behavior"
>oh but videogames don't cause violence lmao
Really makes me think.

We like imitating the Mexican accent when we pretend to be sudacas, even if it doesn't fit. Some good food though way too fucking spicy, but some tasteless fags are into that ofc. There are hotter Latin-American women, like Colombians or Dominicans. Personally, I'd drill DarkWaifuTrap's ass to Oblivion if I had the chance.

Sizeable population doesnt mean that much if your economy is in fucking shambles. If it wasnt an European country, it would already be latam tier.
Honestly, if we got EU regulation to fix it it would be a wonderful step, but you gotta aim for the bigger markets if you want this to end. Spain, or even the EU itself, isnt exactly a big market.
literal baboon brain, I'm not a mutt. Spain hasnt been relevant in the international scene for centuries now. As I've told the other user, if Spain wasnt in the EU it WOULD be a latam shithole whether you like it or not.
Take your head out of your ass and stop thinking "muh country" is actually worth shit. Its not. It doesnt have the economic, political or even social stand to be relevant anywhere.

>if Spain wasnt in the EU it WOULD be a latam shithole whether you like it or not.
Spain wasn't that even before the EU, under dictatorship.
You are a delusional burger that severely overestimates the effects of the EU.
For countries like italy it was a straight up net less over the years.

Actually Latam are more Spanish than you. The language they speak is closer to the original language of Castillo, you speak a shitty muttified version of it.

You're still third world and barely part of europe.

>Wey weon la wea aweonao
>the original language of """Castillo"""
What a joke of a post

I wonder what Queen Isabel thinks about this

Attached: Queen.jpg (720x404, 93.16K)

we wuz

>I'm not a mutt
Even worse, literally no reason to be so ignorant then

What even is this
Jealousy? Stupidity?

Nobody cares about spain

>Jealousy
Of what? The most limp wristed country in Europe.