Steam Deck flopped like Steam Box as nobody cares it after the initial hype

Steam Deck flopped like Steam Box as nobody cares it after the initial hype.

Attached: steam-box-040e37a3.png (720x405, 71.79K)

Why should I care whether some random piece of hardware sells well or not?
>1650bros.... we only sold 3k units... the scandinavian branch of nvidia is finished...

How many layers of false-flagging are we on?

Gabe's ambitions annoy me. At a certain you should call it quits and be happy with the success you already have.

certain point* blah

there was no initial hype for steam box

>there are people on Any Forums who still don't understand what the steambox was

Its okay. It was a terribly marketed idea.

IT'S JULY WHERE IS MY PURCHASE EMAIL

Is that why I have been on a waiting list for 6 months and will likely wait another 6 months? Is that what a flop looks like?

there was a little, because ms disrupted their own strategy with pushing windows 8, new apis, and tablet shit everywhere.

weren't they just alienware prebuilts?

initial models were linux only and tried to behave like a console.. but that was canned quick and they came with windows.

GIVE IT TO ME

Attached: 1656687996610.png (2048x1779, 1.74M)

>Steam Deck flopped like Steam Box as nobody cares it after the initial hype

Attached: 1597355611366.png (632x589, 157.21K)

What even was the steam box? Was it just the home console equivalent of the steam deck? Or could it not even run games on its own.

>still uses a steambox with windows in the living room daily

>no KB/M - just configured to auto boot into big picture, with additional shortcuts for plex added

>cost like 150 bucks for i7/16gb/2gb nvidia 760 cause I bought it off some rando on craigslist

>enough power for casual 2d shit and legacy 3d games, just stream everything else from a desktop

Yeah they were otherwise known as the alienware alpha, you could just nuke the original SteamOS and install windows if you wanted to.

If you replaced the shitty hdd with a sata SSD they're really good home theater PCs.

>My $650 deck is ready to order
>Not gonna be traveling much for the next 3 1/2 years
Should I just cancel the preorder?

Pretty much. It was the Linux client's big picture mode preinstalled on prebuilt machines. Valve learned quickly that developers can't be trusted in maintaining native Linux builds, which is why Proton exists now

Scalp it nigger

>Have one of these from all that time ago
>Host a Minecraft server off of it
>Can emulate fuckin everything
>Also can play a fuckton of games now that proton and wine are way more mature and DXVK exists
>Learned linux on it
Get fucked OP I won in the end

Attached: kingfaice.jpg (126x138, 6.77K)

>Any Forums can thank me for the current state of VALVE and GABEN
I presented Gaben with a plan to transform steam into something similar to what you see today, this was more than a decade ago. I did not work for Valve and this was an unpaid.

The presentation centered around the 'Steam Box'. He changed most of what was discussed but apparently kept the name (which I mentioned to him should just be a working name)

My idea of the OG steam box included (and remember this was b4 streaming)
>console with large hard drive capable of playing PC games smoothly
>full access to steam library
>ability to use mouse & keyboard or console controller for anything (turned into Steam Big Picture)
>user ability to add other media like music, movies/tv, with the ability for STEAM to sync/manage this content (like modern PLEX)
>a removable tablet capable of acting like a to-go device for the users library/movies

At the time tablets were not like they are today and the Wii had not released so the concept of a tablet with a controller built in was alien to me, but my concept art was pretty solid. Basically combine the steam box and steam deck, and add the ability for Steam to manage other digital content (and eventually sell said content) and you have the core of the idea presented to him.

does Any Forums hate me

Attached: 1648594302643.jpg (1920x1080, 341.23K)