Why are there NO good pirate games?

why are there NO good pirate games?
sea of thieves comes close, but its microshis and has 0 real progression, gets boring real fucking quick unless you run into someone else

Attached: 1635848786386.jpg (3000x1415, 851.83K)

isn't there an Assassins Creed pirate game or something

>and has 0 real progression
Good

>0 real progression
Only progression you would realistically get in a pirate game would be the slow and painful demise acquired through scurvy.

They should add a hideout location to the game like the one payday 2 has where you can see the gold you hoarded

sea dogs 2 AKA pirates of the Caribbean

>play with friends
>if another ship is spotted, game is ruined
>"Nooo, not our 1 chest of pixel treasure, it is worth of 500 pixel gold!!!"
>run away from every fight
>even if it takes 40mins to lose the other autistic crew
>that 2 player sloop is could sink our 4 player ship in a moment! We can't risk it!
>stuck doing delivery missions forever

sea of thieves NUTS WILL FIT IN YA MOUTH

I disagree

Attached: file.png (890x890, 1.61M)

Fag.

Attached: unchartedwaters.jpg (256x224, 26.76K)

sid meier's pirates
asscreed black flag

blind faggot

AC4 was about pirates and it was probably the best assassin's creed game, but it wasn't really a pirate game.
I've always liked how starsector lets you be a pirate but it's a bit barebones in how you can rob people.

PvP is the only fun thing to do in the game. I don't get why people will run for an hour just to avoid it.

There are very few good pirate movies as well. You have PotC, the Goonies, everything Peter Pan related and thats about it.

>2004 pirate game
>Still the best pirate game
OP has a point. I have thought about developing a modern reimagining of sid meier's pirates myself (Top-down single-player pirate game).

Game developer here.
How do you make a good pirate game exactly?

sex with hot island women

You make a single-player game with deep lore and story/world interactions for autists, or you make a multi-player game with fun ship-focused pvp like world's adrift or sea of thieves.

For single player inspiration, look at sid meier's pirates, sunless seas/skies, port royale 4, and kenshi.

>0 real progression
Good, get filtered. The only difference between me and yourself is skill, not bullshit stat boosts.

Attached: 1539024592579.gif (245x168, 794.81K)

I just started playing a couple of days ago by myself and I've already taken down a 4 player crew. Albeit with suicide tactics but I had nothing on my ship and they lost all of their supplies. Most fun I've had in a game in awhile, and the sea is comfy to boot

>sea of thieves comes close, but its microshis and has 0 real progression, gets boring real fucking quick unless you run into someone else
Maybe being a pirate is kind of boring

You want a voyager simulator not a pirate one

pirates of the burning sea