Monster Hunter

have you finally hunt him?

Attached: FWaii4_XkAEDCZC.jpg (680x680, 84.78K)

i didn't expect elgado to be so comfy and sunbreak to be so good in general

No but imma hunt your ass white boy

I just carted to kulu-ya-ku

How much of a jump is white to purple in Rise?

about to hunt rathian, what am i in for?

rathian

Counter practice.

probably not a lot, purple sharpness hasnt been really good since 4U and especially how annoying it is to spec into handicraft and then protective polish or masters touch

I only just got to MR2

I carted to frankenberry twice my first time hunting him, I'm not ready for esbenis

Is MR layered armour in at launch or is it behind updates again for some fucking reason?

White is 1.32 and purple is 1.39 so you're getting 7% more damage with purple.

>decided to do lance for SB
>got Garangolm lance and Barroth armor
>did monkey for the 2nd time with lance
>mfw
It's really fun, Lancechads I kneel. I will do Lance my entire SB playthrough now.

Attached: 1656659548385.gif (720x405, 544.95K)

Are you just running full Baroth? What skills are you slotting in? Looking to try out lance.

not him but for MR sets full barroth is an easy comfy set, you can slot in whatever.

Personally i'm still using full HR Valstrax, with Guard 3, Guard Up 1 and Offensive Guard 3 slotted in

true but again, im pretty sure youre gonna need handicraft for most weapons to get purple and then depending on the weapon you'll also need protective polish, razor sharp, or masters touch, who knows though im only MR3 and dont have any desire to speedrun or spoil myself endgame gear

is just me or every monster spams one move over and over again?

Full barroth, if I remember well I put in ironwall and shield decorations, along 3 grinder decos and 1 brace. I don't think it's optimal but I enjoyed it.

when do i get my better silkbind as gunlance

By end game you're probably going to easily have 100% affinity. Every level of crit boost gives you 5% crit damge. Getting to purple and maintaining it isn't even comparable to 2 points in crit damage. That's how small the jump to purple is from white. I'd honestly never overly invest in handicraft if I need any more than 1 single point to get it. It just isn't worth it.

will just be unlocking mr 4*
are there health augments in the game?

Attached: sunbreak.jpg (3840x2160, 2.88M)

i havent fucked with lance since 3U, idc much about the damage (though ive heard it got lots of buffs) all i wanna know is if its fun and if it takes alot of time to learn lance in sunbreak as someone who stopped playing it after 3rd gen

there's a 3 point skill that gives you lifesteal when attacking a broken part

I'm still barely on MR1 and taking my time, doing all the quests and seeing all the dialogue, I'm having a lot of fucking fun regardless, it feels a lot more fun than Vanilla Rise.
Also Twin Blade Combo has some IB Spiral Slash infinite combo shenanigans going on and that's pretty fun.
I've only noticed it with MR R.Ludroth spazzing all over the area and doing that one coiling move way too often.

Attached: 20210830_043556.jpg (1920x1080, 2.05M)

>ICEBORNE
>Hardened you for the continent
>Made you git gud
>GIT GUD!!

>SUNBREAK
>ummmmm... here's a f tier monster
>o-o-oh you want more...
>u-um.. here's a few small wyverns!?!?!
>s-sir did you fall asleep?!!?

When you unlock? Mr endgame?

thats my point, i just dont think purple will be worth it unless its piss easy to get.

Do monsters have moves which hit through silkbind counters now?

is just me or everything has shit HP? Groups of 4 are melting everything and they dont hit hard

Lunagaron already has purple by default on his tier 9 weapon and every weapon goes up to 12 in Sunbreak so expect purple to be as easily obtainable as white was in base Rise. Handicraft will probably be a niche for some weapons with stupid high affinity and raw so you can get away with lacking damaging and affinity skills.

Attached: 53852006_p0.jpg (900x900, 139.13K)

I'm actually liking the hammer buff although they killed strength mode by over buffing courage mode the new playstyle feels like I'm playing DDR sliding around when fighting

Attached: 1649334522543m.jpg (1024x715, 133.21K)

yea, unlike world, the fight in rise is short, i don't feel any challenge at all