What's the best video game mod ever made

What's the best video game mod ever made

Attached: 1653074774470.jpg (512x512, 84.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2alpkM4Z3xU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Team fortess started as a mod
Dota started as a mod
both suck tho

the skyrim horse pussy one

Mods have unironically driven many of the major gaming trends of the last 20+ years

The mod for l4d2 that changes the survivors into dinosaurs.

Makes me laugh really hard

Dunno. Alien Armageddon is cool.

The Nameless Mod, but Ashes 2063/Afterglow comes close

youtube.com/watch?v=2alpkM4Z3xU

Attached: DEgSFEtVYAAyRsX.jpg:large.jpg (1680x1050, 257.04K)

Is this mod still enjoyable if I don't know all the idiosyncrasies and inside jokes of some old Deus Ex forum? Also does it get very wacky/zany? Because while humor is good, I don't like it where everything becomes completely absurd so all events become meaningless and actions hold no weight

Dickplomacy is up there for sure.

She's dead.

Attached: 1330129791421.png (572x584, 512.04K)

Good.

Theres plenty but but most likely something doom related since that's where the most impressive mods are unless we're gonna be talking tech feats which then it's probably some new vegas mod since it's such a jank engine that breaks if you sneeze at it

Attached: honest hearts natural desert weather.jpg (2560x1440, 665.64K)

The one that fixes stalker

it's a well made mod regardless of whether or not you get the references. i thought it did a good job of explaining what was going on.

Attached: 20220507234341_1.jpg (1920x1080, 345.44K)

Open RCT2 deserves a spot in this thread

OpenRCT2 isn't a mod though it's a complete different engine

I can't give an unbiased answer because I grew up on Planet Deus Ex. I think the game gives plenty of context for its plot, it's fundamentally still a game about conspiracy and transcendence much like Deus Ex proper, and the major factions have very clear and deliberate goals from start to end, so there's never an "it was all pointless" ending. Overall the gameplay is a little closer to VtMB in that it's much more hub-focused and less linear than the original Deus Ex.

The wackiest/zaniest part involves a religious war between two cults, the Llamas and the Goats, and there's also a spork melee weapon. Most of the NPCs are a bit more serious, but still goofy in the way forums actually were at the time. Same goes for a few of the books/datacubes will have P3NGUIN OF D00000M-tier messages, but they're more like little time capsules and are included more to laugh at.

If you love Deus Ex, there's no reason to not at least give it a chance.

Schlongs of Skyrim

Daisy

RE4HD is up there just for the dedication it took tracking down the locations the textures in the game were sourced from

Julan Ashender Companion for Morrowind
Inigo for Skyrim new version of Inigo never ever