Playing this game for the first time, it’s so much better than Odyssey it’s insane

Playing this game for the first time, it’s so much better than Odyssey it’s insane.

Attached: 45156D8F-FDFB-4B5F-92EC-7794B6387E6B.jpg (256x362, 71.51K)

How come Nintendo doesn’t make games anymore that feels………
fun?

It was a bit boring for me on my replay but that's probably because it was a replay.

Odyssey felt kinda unfinished for some reason, I wonder why they never expanded on it

It's definitely a great game, but the slower floatier platforming is inferior to everything in Odyssey

The gravity hurts my brain

Odyssey is fucking garbage

autists used to complain that it's too linear.
that's why it was good.
odyssey's open world gameplay made collecting the "stars" in that game feel like collecting blue coins in sunshine.

Attached: 1639268969775.jpg (1700x2159, 374.04K)

I would agree if blue coins were every 2 steps in sunshine and you had to collect 20 of them in every stage to progress

>it’s so much better than Odyssey it’s insane.

Ya this and GAL 2 beat the shit out of odyssey, from my perspective. I played 64/sunshine/gal1+2 to 100% completion, but returned odyssey half way through the game. I know Gal 1 was insanely easy, but it was still amazing with it's trippy abstract atmosphere that only a 3d mario game can produce.

Is there a motion controls patch? I want to play it on dolphin and experience the game how god intended, 1440p 60fps

No way, this shit sucked, how anyone can say galaxy is better than odyssey is beyond me

The funny is that galaxy still suffers from braindead star objectives just like odyssey, nearly every luigi mission takes about 5 seconds to complete outside of the one from the haunted galaxy. Not to mention the green stars were pretty easy too.

Odyssey sucks because it pretends to be 64 and Sunshine but it has shit level design and overabundance of collectibles diluting the challenge and satisfaction.

U R MR GAY

Galaxy 2 >>> Odyssey > Galaxy

Mario Galaxy is soulless waggle shit. Mario Galaxy 2 is much better but still soulless waggle shit. Odyssey is fresh and fun and full of SOUL.

Super Mario Sunshine is still the best 3D Mario game.

Attached: 1648006587331.png (600x632, 146.5K)

Galaxy is great for what it is, Nintendo wanted to make a platformer exclusive to their novel control scheme and they did it, it's probably one of the weirdest cases of a game actually ageing poorly because of this, it had to be floatier than all the other Mario games but for a wiimote/nunchuck game is still a good experience, definetely doesn't hold up against something made with a tried and true controller layout in mind though even 3D Land had more in depth platforming

I agree, the gameplay feels kinda stiff and I wish it had more open levels but the design is way more interesting and the atmosphere is some of the best in any game ever.

You can map it all to a controller as is, it's kinda weird and I don't remember how exactly I set it up but it works fine except for using the a stick for the cursor to collect star bits which was always a little more awkward (but that hardly matters). You also need to manually change the motion control setting when getting a gimmicky star but they work fine on an analog stick.