Why are indie games such gimmicky shit

Why are indie games such gimmicky shit

Attached: 1632338327531.jpg (2065x1260, 852.5K)

As opposed to what user? Safe formulas that the AAA company relies on?

>AAA is gay
>all the big company's are gay
>start up indies are gay
>bros why can't a start up company just make something as good as zone of the enders 3 (super high risk AA) right off the bat with only like 10 people.

Nigga just go read a book.

Attached: 1654566868863.jpg (500x500, 34.78K)

I'd settle for a good game

well, go play one of the games in your image then

I said *good* game

So you just a depressed contrarian who can't find fun in the hobbies you've once loved?

Ori is not an indie game

let me explain this in a way even you can understand.
indie games cannot compete with AAA titles in their home field. They cannot make a massive openworld game with high quality graphics or 600 hours of content. It's a matter of budget.
So they have to think of a clever idea to base their game on, and stick with the gimmick. Instead of competing in an oversaturated market, they make their own niche.
There. Get it, monkey brain?

Could you perhaps explain why Bit Trip Core, N++ and Castle Crashers are bad?

Then why should I care about indie games if they're all gimmicky shit? I accepted AAA will never be good because of their circumstances, why should I accept indies that have to be shit because it their circumstances

thank for the clear explanation
And that's why this CANNOT and NEVER WILL BE an indie game.

Attached: 1596677752012.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

This. They need to stand out somehow.
Plus they are smaller games so you just take an idea and run with it.

Why is a gimmick bad? Seriously, I cannot understand. Does every game have to use the same identical openworld-survival style, forever?
Cuphead wanted to make a beautifully animated platformer and that's what they accomplished. Why is having a core idea to your game bad now?

As long as it's not a shitty roguelike, i'll probably like it.

>So they have to think of a clever idea to base their game on, and stick with the gimmick.
So indie games like those shitty theme restaurants like Rainforest Cafe. They can't compete with quality so they draw people in with a gimmick, get their cash, and people leave feeling let down.

>Why is a gimmick bad? Seriously, I cannot understand.
It makes the games one-note where everything in the game is in service of that one note, that's a shit format for a shit ton of game types and genres

>Does every game have to use the same identical openworld-survival style, forever?
Nice strawman

ITT: Jealous retards who have ideas but don't ever start working on them seething over the fact that other people have done that and found success

>bad quality shovelware exists
>therefore the concept of core ideas is bad
Balan Wonderworld was dogshit, therefore all platformers are bad. Borderlands 3 was shit, therefore all shooters are bad.
That's how you sound. Your argument is complete nonsense.

Cuphead it's just a pretty run n gun, all the Budget basically went into drawing in that style and the creator literally sold his house to do so and also partnered with Microsoft, it's just a special case and the game it's just all the same gimmick

Sure, this can happen. But being one-note isn't bad if the note is good.
SUPERHOT is very good despite the fact that everything in it is made to support the gimmick. Because the gimmick is good and makes a fun game.
Same with Bit.Trip.CORE, Plague Inc. and similar. These games execute well their gimmicks and that's all that matters.

Yes, and that is not bad. The game is fun and it looks really pretty.
Because that's what they wanted to do. A game that was fun and used a certain style of animation that looks really good. It's pretty one-note and that is not bad.

They can be good one note games, it's just that all one note games are inherently worse than well rounded organic games. They have nothing but novelty when, a good game needs substance.

Ok but without the artstyle it would be just a regular run n gun like many others that indie developer can easily do all the time.

Because they are all made by the same clique that formed around homestuck over a decade ago.