How anyhone can say super metroid is a perfect game with these boring as fuck bosses and the jank ass grapple beam is a...

how anyhone can say super metroid is a perfect game with these boring as fuck bosses and the jank ass grapple beam is a mystery

Attached: 71Dy2YaTGuL._SX466_.jpg (466x340, 41.01K)

>using grapple beam

Attached: smug3.jpg (789x691, 100.29K)

Zoomers will never get it, sorry.

This thread is living proof that Any Forums doesn't into Metroid

Part of the fun was to master Samus. Like RE, sometimes you get into situations that monsters may overwhelm you because you don't have the skills yet. But the thing is that the controls are actually super tight, and once you master it you can do incredible things and skip huge portions of the game. SM is the best, because you can really master it.

And yes, they did that on purpose, once you study the level design you'll see that a lot of the power ups are in places that allow for sequence break. But you can only get them if you a truly good at controlling Samus. The game is a masterpiece. Just like RE1 and 2.

Attached: 1627081159622.gif (226x224, 181.84K)

one of the first sandbox games

>But the thing is that the controls are actually super tight,
this is the exact opposite of what they are. Samus jump is so floaty it makes kirby look heavy. I don't give a fuck how much sequence breaking you can do, playing the game at the most basic level sucks shit.

that "floaty" jump feels amazing to make use of, it's rhythmic, if it snapped back and forth with no friction it would suck shit

Yeah, for example, as a kid I got to Kraid without the hi jump boots because I bomb jumped into the cave. I couldn't beat Kraid, because I was bad at the game, but I did got to him because I've mastered the bomb jumping. It's completely lost in the new games. I believe that the last one has some stuff, but it feels more artificial from what I watched.

Sorry, I meant tight in that "you can control her the way you want". Isn't the word for what you are describing "snappy"? English is not my first language.

I believe you can be float and tight? Samus plays exactly as you want once you master her movement, just like the classic Sonic games. But you need to master them.

it's my favorite kind of game, if you master abilities you can explore more, and any new abilities you gain unlocks more of the world

Yeah, Hollow Knight played with it, you can sequence break a lot. But there's nothing like the original Metroid yet.

Super*

No game is perfect, but super metroid is pretty damn close.

Dread, zero mission and fusion were pretty good replications of the experience.

Considering the system imitations this was actually an SSS tier game.
Even the bosses had phases and you had to follow a pattern to kill them.
>Kraid: open his mouth and avoid his claw
>phantoon: gotta act fast, cannot use supes
>crocomire: only when his mouth opens and to make him back up in lava.
>draygon: grapple mechanic and elaborate patterns.
>ridley: also elaborate patterns on restricted platform.
>golden torizo: throws supes back at you
>mother brain: 3 phases

This is a 32 bit console game...

its leagues better then whatever the fuck they did to the physics in the gba games. why do fags like stiff ass jumping and physics? does it remind them of the cocks they suck every day?

16 bits, user.

>This is a 32 bit console game.
tell me you're a zoomer with out telling me you're a zoomer

64 bit, whatever

Go back to your meatboyvanias you little faggot

Attached: 1626569643677.jpg (460x374, 48.8K)

easy to spot zoomers, they think Super Metroid is slow or clunky or whatever

Floaty jumps are automatically bad, you should drop like a rock like in the GBA games instead