I wanna have a thread about XIV

I wanna have a thread about XIV.

In particular, a thread about the shit you've seen playing the game. People you've had the displeasure of knowing.

I recently got dogpiled on discord and left a server because the FC I was a part of kept giving me shit for disagreeing with them on a few occasions. They're into the whole ERP scene and I kept making fun of them for it, which I thought was fine since we've known each other for months now, but apparently I went to far and they got triggered.

Tell me, why is this community so sensitive? What gives?

Attached: 1582030902903.jpg (1045x804, 116.02K)

I’ll bite. What did you say to them exactly that made them so mad?

Attached: 90C1B44C-96CE-4CA7-AC34-55736E28FD4E.jpg (3508x2480, 2.76M)

It was just banter at first but then after someone posted their female miqo'te and asked how cute she looked I posted the OP image. This started an avalanche of shit which I just had to take a step back to take it all in.
"That's really mean. What the fuck."
"Ummm... Sweaty? That's rude."
"Not cool, man. This is a safe space."

At first I thought they were fucking with me but then a Mod got involved and tried to tell me how I went too far. After he deleted my message one of them called me Chud. Then they all started telling me to go back to WoW.
I've known these faggots for at least 5 months and this was their reaction to that image.

What gives? I've never even touched WoW lmao.

you broke some dreams there

Sounds like you hit a nerve. Oddly enough every FC I’ve been in has had a weird air around them. Like you have to wear a fake smile and walk on egg shells

Attached: EEF32D64-9CDB-40CA-A63A-E78EBD2FAFAA.png (800x566, 165.13K)

what's FC? like a guild leader?
they're always fags, people in positions of power are always petty and will always abuse it.

This.
Why is this so common?
It gets exhausting dealing with this weak ass shit.

Free Company, it's basically a guild

Found the chud.

In my experience the best way to play this game is to avoid any social interaction that isn't with people you meet during fishing or people you knew before playing the game
There are so many degenerates, overly sensitive people , attention whores and other annoying people everywhere that I sometimes wish this game was singleplayer.
Finding a decent FC is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Finding a good one without a discord server that comes close to a more traditional guild experience something I have given up on entirely

Attached: 1652941867024.jpg (669x669, 36.99K)

I honestly think it’s because ff14 has a super high female player base compared to other games. Brings about a air of weirdness of people either trying to groom, beta orbiters, or just horny fuckers which eventually implodes due to some “drama”.

Attached: 74792DB1-FB72-44EB-8769-FA935FF31E9B.jpg (534x427, 44.72K)

XIV has got to be one of the loneliest MMOs out right now. Going back and doing the old content basically requires you to use discord since that's where majority of NA operates and organizes statics.
Once you're done rarely do people stick around, though.
The story is linear but super disconnected with the MMO experience. Outside of dungeons and trials it doesn't make you interact with any other player to finish it.
This has been said a million times but this game is a glorified chat room at the end of the day. Just do the expansion and fuck off. Best way to play this shit. Not worth subbing year-round.

Attached: 1582953230098.png (680x675, 398.78K)

That kind makes sense actually.
Simps are all over the place. I'm ashamed to admit I've been that guy in the past.
To be fair It was my first time dealing with a girl in-game though. Now I know none of them are worth giving any attention. They have nothing but drama to contribute to a conversation or a group.

I got stalked for about a month in game

By who? Did you ever confront them about it?
I think the GMs take that shit super seriously and will permanently ban someone for a whole ass month of stalking.
What'd you do to attract the freak?

Attached: tranny14.png (280x353, 146.38K)

It's always awkward to me when ERPers mingle with normies and there's no filter between the two. Normies don't want to see degenerate shit and degenerates don't want to hear normies vent about work or taxes. I'm an ERP degen and I keep that shit away from the FC.

That said I don't ERP in XIV. It's full of attention starved people who get extremely attached. I've met multiple people who get extremely upset if you RP with someone else or even boot up a different game with someone other than them. I used to get tells from people checking out where I was and asking me what I was up to, it was creepy as shit. Nowadays I have a small circle of in-game friends and stick by them.

>By who?
Some person I met doing content that seemed cool
>Did you ever confront them about it?
Yes, it turned into a whole drama shit show with them blaming mental health ect ect
>I think the GMs take that shit super seriously and will permanently ban someone for a whole ass month of stalking.
They actually didn't do anything at all. It's been said a few times in various places but it's actually extremely easy to stalk people in XIV because even when blocked you can always find out if people are online or what they are doing by just making new characters and searching the persons name which then allows you to send them a tell. GMs just told me to block the person and all the alt characters they kept making.
>What'd you do to attract the freak?
I was new to the game and treated it how I felt an MMO should be so I was really social talking and joking a lot ect. They ended up obsessing over my character(generic cat).

On one hand the freaks aren't boring, but they are repulsive most of the time.
On the other, hanging out with normies can mean no contact for weeks on end and not really playing the game as a group as often as you'd like.
If I had some IRL friends who were into this shitstain of an MMO maybe that'd be different, but I find it sad how there's not really any middle-ground.
You're either with it, or not.

>Just block them lol

GMs will flag your account with a warning for calling someone a nerd or spamming the GOOD JOB message at the end of PvP before you lose claiming it's TOXIC.
Meanwhile you have creepy mother fuckers stalking and whores keeping simps on a leash throwing them at anyone who they don't like as a trashy person would a pack of dogs.
This game has some serious issues holy shit.

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like it's easier to treat women normally in XIV because there's so many of them. Sometimes you still run into princesses who're clearly used to everyone simping for them though, but it's not nearly as bad as in other MMOs I've played.

Oh ya for sure. I have several I played with and just saw as friends but “1 bad apple” and all that.

I got kicked from a static for saying "Ninja players' opinions don't matter" because I was too deadpan when I said it and they thought I was serious.

>majority of FC has been offline for 150 days minimum
Huh