Famicom Detective Club

What obscure Nintendo IP will get a revival next? Will Ayumi get another game? What should a new game in the series look like?

Attached: 3F848AB0-3013-4585-8F30-D0FFBFBEE47F.jpg (1280x720, 82.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/docUSQye9Ec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Remember when she was considered for Smash Bros? I wonder what the future of this series would have looked like if she was in.

please for frog the bells toll

It probably would have gone the way of Fire Emblem. People get introduced to the characters, after a while Ace Attorney gets popular, it gets brought over on the DS, gets sequels with waifubait and dating sim mechanics on top that make fans of the previous games hate the series. Would have been kino. Here’s hoping we still get new games.

There are too many to count. But if you ask me I think the best ones to choose from are Battleclash, Custom Robo, Advance Wars, Wild Gunman, StarTropics, Murasame's Castle, Balloon Fight, Mach Rider, Golden Sun and Panel de Pon. Yeah that's a pretty big ass list but I'll give my thoughts in a separate post because I've had a long time to think about this shit

>What obscure Nintendo IP will get a revival next?
Personally I'm hoping it'll be Eternal Darkness

Attached: 28455-eternal-darkness-sanity-s-requiem-gamecube-screenshot-title.jpg (640x480, 25.88K)

Ayumi dating sim.

Can make her into any type of girl I want.

Attached: EkW_JQpU0AAR0C-.jpg (1192x1592, 400.5K)

Honestly I think FDC is just way too weeb-y. It was probably gonna actually just be a JP character exclusive and it would stay the route of the Ice Climbers and just not release anything new.
Fire Emblem was the perfect game to go with. Either that or whatever else it was gonna be. Maybe Advance Wars.

I think a shareholder requested a remake at a recent Nintendo investors meeting actually! I’m pretty sure that that’s how Famicom Detective Club got its remake, so there’s hope. A Link’s Awakening style remake by Grezzo would be awesome for the game.

Attached: 20DEE946-0A9D-4D00-B084-F3AFFADEAFDE.jpg (350x401, 85.06K)

Someone made a melee mod for her
youtu.be/docUSQye9Ec

Attached: 1621112633022.jpg (822x1105, 297.9K)

Since Silicon Knights is dead is it even still possible? These days it seems like Nintendo is keeping by Fatal Frame as their personal horror series like how Bayonetta is their hack and slash series.

Maybe if it was brought over with no changes but back in the 2000s Americanization was still a big thing in vidya so it wouldn't surprise me if, like Ace Attorney, they pretended it took place in the West and changed Ayumi to Alice and Famicom Detective Club to DS Detective Club.

The second game is already like that though

I mean a more involved one

Attached: img003.jpg (2448x3370, 2.14M)

Would be based, but it would have to be like Lost in Blue or Pandora’s Tower where the dating sim aspect is an integral part of the game that determines part of the ending but is still to the side as a break from normal gameplay. Monika After Story but with Ayumi sitting in a void with you.

First off there's a lot of obscure IPs Nintendo just doesn't touch, full stop. I'm not saying all of these are going to be million seller ideas OR that they don't own other IPs worth a bit more attention (Star Fox, F-Zero, etc.). I just think that these IPs are the best candidates for more experimental shit, like making them F2P, handing them over to an indie dev, getting a 3rd party to license it out, etc.

>Battleclash was a mech battling game that focused on arcade style shooting like you'd find in SNK games, as was the sequel. So these are good pick-up-and-play retro titles that would do well even as a cheap indie co-op title.
>Custom Robo never really got a genuine chance since it only had 2 games brought outside Japan at the very end of its lifespan. It just needs to come back and be more of the same, though really push the online competitive
>Advance Wars is coming back anyway, but they just need to do a true sequel "for the fans" with all the trimmings
>Wild Gunman is such as basic af game that it could really become anything. I think it would be a fun "Nintendofied" arena shooter with its own goofy Old West style characters and shit, personally
>StarTropics is also open water for ideas. You could make it a silly piss take on all the Uncharted/Tomb Raider games where it's the same idea but doesn't take itself seriously at all.
>Murasame's Castle just needs to come back as a fun modern hard as balls hack-n-slash with a lot of effort put into making it feel like a AAA title in a living breathing world
>Balloon Fight as a F2P competitive co-op game with loads of customization and game modes a la Fall Guys, Splatoon and Ninjala. I'm not kidding. This would actually be fun as fuck and there's even a game on Newgrounds that kind of inspired the idea
>Golden Sun just needs a revival. Start with remakes
>Panel de Pon should be a F2P competitive puzzle game packed in with NSO
>Also want to pitch Ice Climber as a co-op super hard Celeste style platformer

Attached: 1655164483490.jpg (349x362, 147.76K)

Imagine hugging her, Any Forums

Attached: 1654593209010.jpg (925x919, 141.8K)

you guys cried when miyamoto did experimental shit with Star Fox

She was only rejected because of games not released in the West, which is not the case anymore. So she is fair game for future installments.

Wow this was really well thought out. All of these seem like really cool ideas.

Balloon Fight seems like it would be perfect for the “99” battle royals series Nintendo’s been experimenting with

Advance Wars just needs to return to a pixel artstyle and use Days of Ruin’s combat system which was amazing.

It does seem Nintendo tries to use other franchises to make up in areas they lack, and with how popular stuff like Nioh and Dark Souls and Elden Ring are, you’re right that Muramase’s Castle would be perfect for that niche. Bayonet ya doesn’t scratch that itch enough.

Startropics reboot would be cool. Not sure if a parody of Uncharted would be able to last but going on a new adventure with the same mechanics would be a hit.

Ironically enough Mike Jones from StarTropics was rejected from Smash because his games never came out in Japan.

Attached: 5B34374D-4A7A-46B7-92A9-8BFBC6945AFE.jpg (1024x745, 151.94K)

There was a time where they shilled Takamaru and put him in various games (Captain Rainbow, Samurai Warriors 3, Nintendo Land, localized his game for 3DS) but nothing came out of it. Recently he made a random cameo on Super Mario Maker 2.

Attached: New-Sound-Effects.png (1567x881, 860.18K)

>you will never hug Ayumi in the middle of her naginata training session as heavy metal blasts in the background

Attached: 1621063487231.jpg (763x1483, 131.65K)