Konami's Original Idea For Silent Hill Homecoming

Apparently back in 2012 Konami's producer "Tomm Hulett" revealed that Double Helix's orginal idea for Silent Hill Homecoming was about reborn Allysa Gillespie and dead brother Josh fighting with each other for the control of the town of Silent Hill. Both Heather Mason from SH3 and Henry Townsend from SH4 were supposed to team up with each other and play a big part in the story (They were probably going to fight against revived Walter Sullivan going off by the unused audio files in the game). The game was also going to be the first game in the "trilogy" that was supposed to show the "War of Silent Hill". The reason behind the name "Homecoming" was in reference to all the protagonists that survived returning to the town to deal with the new threat, as stupid as that sounds. Also, Alex's love interest was originally grown-up Laura.

Do (you) guys think that the game would have been better if Konami had gone with this original idea before Tomm Hulett ruined everything?

shshatteredmemories.com/2012/03/voices-in-the-static-4-an-interview-with-tomm-hulett/

Attached: Silent Hill 5 Orginal Concept 53926530243566-2.png (1388x1519, 2.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lQR3SRggiF0
youtu.be/0G9xj1Ur-90
youtube.com/watch?v=UkumV_dHbkg
youtube.com/watch?v=enHmnTPsp9w
youtube.com/watch?v=Hs-xYYw43i8
youtube.com/watch?v=U-dv06NhGn8
youtube.com/watch?v=-KNqndgBG5o
youtube.com/watch?v=XF3xCifQ290
youtube.com/watch?v=PTx4dQXN400
youtube.com/watch?v=otScibjKPys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love how Tomm Hulett declared himself the biggest Silent Hill fan at Konami back in 2012 while constantly shitting on all the original 4 games made by Team Silent in every aspect.

I also love how he kept defending himself in the podcast related to Double Helix's original idea for Silent Hill 5 by saying "I kept them for running the canon" despite the fact that canon was already ruined by Orgins and later Shattered Memories and Downpour. Helix's idea for Homecoming would have made the game at least entertaining and would make it have actually related to the series and universe. The final version of Homecoming is the most generic and boring piece of shit AAA horror game ever created and has nothing to do with the SH franchise.

It's unfortunate Tom Hulett, Troy Baker and Mary McG didn't die in a firey car crash in the early 00s

>Mary McG

??????????????? She's one of the best things that ever happened to the series. All of Akira Yamaoka's best songs were sung by her, and they would have been way worse and less emotional without her vocals. The fact that she never song more for the original series after 2004 because of what happened to Team Silent is the biggest tragedy. All the Yamoka's songs for the western titles ranged from"okayish to mediocre because the games themselves were not interesting enough from the perspective of their stories and themes.

Attached: Mary Elizabeth MCglynn 456241.2.jpg (400x572, 34.39K)

She's responsible for the HD collection and there's plenty of better singers. Yamaoka's best music doesn't have any vocals you're just an unironic pleb

>Mary McG
You lose out on some good vocal tracks and Steve Blum being happy so no fuck you.

Why would you lose out on the tracks? Do you think she's the only smoker voiced female singer? Nothing about her voice is unique.

>Both Heather Mason from SH3 and Henry Townsend from SH4 were supposed to team up
SHE'S NOT LIKE THAT!

Attached: ihERyqec-fk.jpg (690x1080, 168.35K)

youtu.be/lQR3SRggiF0

She might be a good singer but she's an awful voice director and voice actress, on top of being too full of herself
youtu.be/0G9xj1Ur-90

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 128.63K)

>Yamaoka's best music doesn't have any vocals

This may be the most obvious bait in the last 10 years of this website at this point. All the the best composed and most emotional songs that Akira ever composed for the series were all songs by Elizabeth MCglyyn and all of these songs are one of the best pieces of music he ever composed in his carrier period. When it comes to Mary (You) cannot find a female singer with a more distinctive beautiful voice that would have been a better fit for the series. The fact that Yamaoka listened to over 50 different female candidates during the production of SH3 before being enchanted by her voice speaks for itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=UkumV_dHbkg
youtube.com/watch?v=enHmnTPsp9w
youtube.com/watch?v=Hs-xYYw43i8
youtube.com/watch?v=U-dv06NhGn8
youtube.com/watch?v=-KNqndgBG5o
youtube.com/watch?v=XF3xCifQ290

Attached: CS7IJBgU8AAG_E3.jpg (305x443, 23.49K)

nah

>SHE'S NOT LIKE THAT!

Cope. There is no evidence that she's a lesbian plus Silent Hill 3 clearly hints at the fact that she likes older men. If Henry was 29 in SH4 then at the time of Homecoming he would be reaching Harry's age from SH3 probably.

Attached: Silent Hill 3 Screenshoot 1582224611439.jpg (866x865, 77.89K)

>Orgins
Had to take over the LA branch development assets including lore breaking FMVs as per Konami's demands. You ever wondered why Travis stops his truck because of a hooded figure that's then never ever seen again?
>Shattered Memories
Standalone alternate universe spin-off

>54 minutes
>11 posts
>Still no one said anything about if the original Double Helix's vision for the game would have been better or worse

I don't trust Tomm enough to believe this without evidence

>bioshock infinite would be less terrible

Why would you want her to die for the HD Collection and not Konami you fucking retarded idiot moron?

>You're going to kill me? Is it really so easy for you?
>I've done it before.
>Then I truly do pity you.
youtube.com/watch?v=PTx4dQXN400

It's Any Forums, did you expect the opinions to be anything but negative and hating on it?

And now here's the Joe Romersa version because Joe is based.

youtube.com/watch?v=otScibjKPys

I wonder what their interactions would look like. Having such an expressive and charismatic teen girl like Heather and such a quiet and awkward introvert like Henry being partners ala Claire and Leon would have been pretty weird and interesting to watch.

Attached: 531512351.png (1258x864, 771.11K)

Konami isn't a person