>love Scooby Doo
>play Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights everyday after school
>friend is a compulsive liar
>convinces me there's a game called "Scooby Doo Night of 100 Doors"
>I believe him because I'm stupid
>get confused at why I can't find the game in any shops
fuck that guy I hated him.
Anyone with similar experiences?

Attached: frights.jpg (1280x720, 188.34K)

>be me
>Mexican
>SNK and Figthing games in general are almost a religion over here.
>Everyone knows about street fighter modded editions
>arcade machines with such versions are everywhere
>At school a rumor gets spread
>Tekken/SNK crossover game
>Hidden within specific modded arcade cabinets
>"All you have to do is beat everyone without being hit and then put in 3 coins right as you are about to beat M. Bison"
>Tried to do it
>Don't go too far
>Give up
>Forget about it
>10 years later
>Internet is now a thing
>decide to look for the Tekken/SNK crossover.
>Find nothing
>call friend
>"It was a playground rumor, the guy who came up with it was recently at my house, he is still pretty good at King of Figthers"
>look further into crossover
>Find out about the upcoming Street Fighter X Tekken game
>"Close enough i guess"
>mfw

Attached: 1644407751074.jpg (640x480, 61.9K)

there where asshole liars like this at every school
>kid who makes up fake games based off of whatever games you like
>kid whose dad works at nintendo
>kid whose dad works at sony, or rockstar, etc. etc.
>kid whose uncle has secret unreleased or ultra rare games
all those kids grew up to be townie drug addicts

some girl in my school claimed she had a playstation 5 (this was before there was even a playstation 3).
noone believed her, it's not even a believable lie.

>kid who told me you can kill every cop in Vice City
Wasted time.

>that friend that lied about being level 400 in Runescape. When you and the rest of your class start playing together, he lies and says you hacked and stole all his levels. Your entire friend group believes him.
>That friend who asked to borrow Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and accidentally put it in the washing machine and refused to replace it after

>That friend that pretended his dad worked for Nintendo, constantly makes up non-existent games that never release.

I should have throat punched them all.

>that kid who claimed you could have uncensored sex with any NPC in GTA
they loved to show off that their parents let them play 18+ rated games by making obscene shit up.

>few years ago
>summer camp is full of kids going crazy for pokemon
>literally everyone collects pokemon cards

>at some point we realize one kid has unintelligible cards with fake pokemon
>look sketchy as hell, even the layout is wrong
>he insists they're real, his father bought them
>the general consensus is clear, he got scammed with some Digimon-tier knock offs
>he refuses to admit it and still wants to play/trade them
>to be fair the pictures are well done but nobody is convinced, plus it's impossible to read whatever was written on them

>we summon the greatest pokemon experts on the camp to settle the whole matter
>couple of kids that literally completed the Pokedex in Crystal, absolute legends

>they examine the cards
>Nope they're fake, those pokemon don't even exist
>every kid makes fun of him for the rest of the summer
>he literally got marginalized because of his fake ass cards

Turns out they were just foreign Gen 3 cards, his father got them while traveling before Gen 3 got released in our country

Attached: 1656466981616.jpg (300x225, 13.82K)

tragic plot twist

>>few years ago
>Gen 3 released 20 years ago
user I...

Attached: 1636437833533.jpg (320x200, 8K)

The closest to this for me was living in Mexico and reading about Zelda Twilight Princess on Nintendo Power in mid-2004 and having to wait until early 2007 to play it, those motherfuckers legitimately hyped me up for a game in my last year of middle school and then made me wait for it until my second year of high school.

Pokemon is global; everyone would know about the newest pokeymons as of yesterday

Not back then, the only new pokemon we would have access to were the ones put for publicity in the last few episodes of the anime (Gen 3 was Blaziken and Kecleon, if I recall correctly), gen 4 had a little bit more info disseminated through magazines and stuff like that but it wasn't until gen 5 that everything leaked online months before release, back then we had a lot of stuff being documented in sites like Serebii, some from legit sources like tv shows and trailers, and some very obvious fake shit based on released screenshots (I vividly remember we had fake renders of Alomomola and Gothitelle), gen 6 is when GF themselves just put everything in the trailers to the point that the entire pokedex for gen 7 was officially shown weeks before launch.

My man must have felt so damn vindicated when those designs started appearing on those weird artsy-fartsy tv ads Nintendo used to make during the GBA era.

had a friend like this actually
the "i caught mew behind a truck" and "no, there actually is a 120 ton mech that you unlock after you beat the game" and "yea there's a secret level you get to if you jump down that hole" people

Today it sure is, back then... not so much.
First set of Gen 3 cards was released in Japan around 7 months before the game appeared on our shelves.
Kids didn't have internet and the anime (which really kickstarted the pokemon phenomenon here, and was still the main source of widespread knowledge on the franchise) was lagging behind as adaptation was slow as hell.

Mexican too, in highschool, I kept telling my friend all about modding Super Mario 64, he didn't believe me even though the internet was widespread all over the country then, he kinda tried to bullshit me too, telling me, right when the DS Lite was announced, that there was some secret thing in the works named 3DS, many years later it was announced.

his dad obviously worked for Nintendo

I just noticed I set my name to "non-existent games" trying to set the thread name.
I'm not a newfag but I feel like one right now...

>friend said he unlocked Sonic and Tails in SSBM, but he lost his save so he can't prove it
>4 of us spending the entire weekend together trying to beat cruel melee to "unlock" Sonic
fucking bastard

Attached: 16-sonic-and-tails-hidden-characters-super-smash-bros-melee-known-o.jpg (700x220, 60.32K)

>Nintendo Power
Northern Mexico? Never saw one, only Club Nintendo, those fuckers hyped me for Star Fox command, claimed it was all cool and dynamic, preordered that shit.

To clarify, Star Fox Command is shit, a fucking disgrace, even worse than Adventures and adventures is a furshit game, that makes it awful by default.

You awakened a memory of that flash game version of Smash where you could play as sonic.
It even had local coop where player 1 would control with the left side of the keyboard and player 2 with the right side, it was very awkward to control but still fun.

Hope he didn't throw them in the trash, wouldn't those be worth a fortune at some point in time?