Balancing

What is your preferred way for a game to be "Balanced"?

Attached: 19_nerfnow.png (700x600, 211.88K)

lol balancing > dota 2 balancing

Attached: 1655317540759.png (1139x898, 839.02K)

Both kissing

Make the UP character's clothing more revealing. Make no other changes.

Its more important that you reward skill than worry if something is balanced, snipers are a perfect example of this in the hands of the best players they dominate games but you shouldn't try to make sure other less skillful options are just as viable through buffs or nerfs.

I think that's a pretty terrible example. Snipers are usually considered to be one of the most anti-fun classes in most games they're in. As a sniper's target you really don't have any options to seriously influence the outcome. You are not equipped with anything that can deal significant damage to the sniper from their long distance perch. You cannot dodge their shot because it is hitscan and there's usually no indication as to where they might be aiming. The best you can do is move erratically and hope that their aim sucks and the ping is in your favor.
It's even worse if the sniper is viable at close range too, because then they're the best and only viable class. It doesn't matter how high the skill ceiling is of any other class; trying for twitch-aim headshots will always be easier and more rewarding than learning how to play anything else right. This is why balance needs to exist, so the game doesn't get boiled down to one simple strategy.

If everything is broken then nothing is.

>LoL
Forgot to add
>Taught me how to say "fuck niggers" and "fuck fags"

Never balance a singleplayer game around its niche PvP aspect
I don't give a shit if something cool is causing other players hassle, I jsut want to have fucking fun in singleplayer
I'm still seething that Rockstar nerfed the explosive cannons on jets in GTAV because people were crying about how badly they were getting decimated in online by jets, so now jets have an effective range of a shotgun, putting you at major risk of crashing or being killed by your own explosive splash damage, it's depressing
Also Souls games
FUCK Souls games for balancing all the cool shit because PvP was unbalanced with it

That's an interesting idea actually. Which is worse really?: One weapon that can easily one-shot anything and isn't hard to use, or every weapon can easily one-shot anything?

>rainbow dash is a disgusting mmo player

obviously one weapon being able to one shot, because that just leads to brain drain boring shit where everyone is exactly the same
whereas if everything is a one shot weapon, then players use what they feel comfortable with and you have a huge skill ceiling where your gear no longer matters, instead your game knowledge and reflexes matter, along with your grip of tactics and ability to predict where and what your opponents are doing next

Brood War

>fix blatant shit
>never patch again
>trust the community to develop maps that balance the game without changing mechanics

Arena shooters do it far better than any other game, you just have a bunch of weapons and then the availability of those weapons depends on the map. If a weapon is overpowered then it's either in some rather inconvenient place or doesn't appear. Rockets have always been overpowered but their supply is limited.

Attached: Shredder Pizza.gif (318x212, 1.1M)

Why should less skillful weapons and classes be just as effective as ones requiring more skill when used by a high skill player? I can understand everything having a baseline effectiveness, but I can't understand wanting to remove skill as the determining factor in a fight.

there's actually a little indication for Sniper TF2 specifically, but it's a fairly small team-colored dot that doesn't even show up if you're in an area with no walls for the sniper to aim against, like half of pl_upward.

>Valve way
>fight broken with broken
That's bullshit and you know it Valve nerfs everything into the floor

anything that compromises single player gameplay is wrong.

Make a completely different system for multiplayer.

Achieve an almost perfect amount of balance within the game's closed beta, release it to open beta, and then imbalance it via in-game purchases to maximize profit once it hits peak playerbase.

Arena shooters don't have classes to balance (unless you're playing some shit like nu-Quake).

That's Dota. Funny enough isn't really balanced by Valve, hence the "everything is broken" balance.

Attached: 1590189941013.gif (466x262, 1.36M)

It should be legal to murder Total War Warhammer 'pro' multiplayer fags.

Creative Assembly should be murdered simply because every single one of their DLC packs are deliberately overtuned based on current game shit
They sell the DLC on the promise of a month of that new lord / races units being as overpowered as they could possibly be
Every. Single. Time
People bitch about them and still gobble up the DLC only for CA to "patch" it a month later turning the races to normal levels
They've been doing this since the first Warhammer came out and people still fall for it