Dice based rng combat is anti-fun

Dice based rng combat is anti-fun.

Attached: dice combat.jpg (720x405, 161.13K)

Are those custom portraits or is this a game I haven't played? Either way, gay.

it's pathfinder: kingmaker. probably the most soulless, boring and unrewarding rpg i've ever played.

>it's pathfinder: kingmaker
oh, yeah, haven't played because I avoided gay shit like that.

>nooo you cant just have RNG i don't know how to adapt in circumstances that arent completely under my controooool

Tipping the scales in your favour is fun.
Being so good that even RNG isn't a problem is fun.

The IP owner.

Attached: 1651266321347.png (1063x991, 764.75K)

The people they hire.

Attached: 1625093865290.png (1806x495, 73.61K)

>another zoomer seethe thread over crpgs along with a schizo Any Forumsfag that must make everything political

BUT IT HAS COOL CHARACTER CREATION THOO!!

this game is absolutely brutal to play, the amount of save scumming required to not have shit constantly go wrong is just sickening. i must have quicksave/quickloaded several thousand times

Its extremely barebones dude

>hurr how else can I get the thread off the ground
Yeah its pathetic

how exactly do you "get good" at RNG?

"cool" as in "you can make a lot of them"
that is enough for zoomzooms and tabletop droolers

>D&D but even worse
Your fault for playing such a pile of shit.
About the dice thing, it makes sense for crpgs since you have extremely limited control over the character's actions. Action games like Morrowind are another story. Having dice rolls for hits when you have to actively manage the spacing and timing to make your attack animation contact the enemy's hitbox is retarded and, indeed, anti-fun.

nigga this character customization fucking sucks
>no previews of what options do
>no submenus, enjoy clicking 3 times to get to the 4th hair style
>no names for things, it's all [feature] X
>it doesn't even give you a lot of things to customize like every other character creation screen with a shitty slider-based UI does

Attached: Pathfinder-Kingmaker-Character-Creation.jpg (1920x1080, 879.26K)

Or suppose it's DnD (or, in this case, Pathfinder) systems that are bad, or at least ill-adapted to video game format where you are neither constrained by the burden of bookkeeping (the mechanics could look a lot different if you don't have to design them around small number of rolls with a few types of dice), nor have a human GM that can tailor the challenges to fit the group or fudge the mechanics a bit if they don't seem appropriate at the given situation. Or, while I do agree that they're far from great, a case of git gud.

Combat resolution formulae using dice in itself is fine (there are various potential benefits to using percentages, such as tangibility of probability distributions, values in the game naturally stay at nice levels where +1 stat sort of differences matter and you don't fall victim to stat inflation, etc) and randomness in general is a huge deal in increasing depth by introducing an element of risk-analysis, adding more combat factors to consider, forcing the players to think on their feet instead of rote memorization of solved tactics, and simulating the kind of uncertainty that is at play in real life and by doing so making the game more immersive and increasing its emergent storytelling potential.

Attached: DRN.png (2304x3744, 1.4M)

>Any Forums: “Why don’t trans people just go make their own game?”
>*Trans people make their own game*
>Any Forums “Why are there trans people in this game?”

this
somehow i sunk 200 hours into it when it first released before the game collapsed in on itself from all the fucking bugs
i have zero memories from it other than one umber hulk that was impossible to kill unless i disintegrate it while it was KOd, despite having killed like 50+ of them already without needing to disintegrate it
this wasn't mentioned anywhere by the way, so it confused the fuck out of me for a while
also fuck linzi, the fact she's in the game and so railroaded in a fucking D&D type game is the reason i'll never play it again

incorporate risk management into your strategy or have a back up plan for when things dont go your way

you know like every rpg in existence expects you to