Path of Exile

Is it worth playing? (as a f2p)

Attached: FRYZB5SagAAMLKs.jpg (800x450, 96.23K)

>as a f2p
no, if you like the game you will want to buy some stash tabs

PoE's item/storage management system will convince you to either spend money or uninstall the game after you complete the campaign (possibly before that).

Just try it. It's literally free.
>as a f2p
In the endgame you'll basically to drop about 20 bucks on better stash tabs if you want to be efficient, but everything else is cosmetic. There's no power gain from the shop. By the time you "need" the special stash tabs you'll have played enough to know if you like the game.

By the time you're lvl 30+ the currency tab is such a QoL change that you'd be dumb not to get it

path of exile is not a f2p game
stash tabs are pretty much mandatory nowadays cause there's like 10 league mechanics each with their own items

I personally don't like the game (most notably, I don't like the feel or pacing of combat) but hey, you can play through the campaign and see if you might enjoy it because some people apparently do. I understand the big deal for paying players is the stash tabs, and their absence won't affect you at such an early stage of progression as finishing the campaign acts.

How fucked current league is? I know that start was worst disaster in game's history because I actually tried to play it and quit realizing I won't be able to make what i want to make because of new rare mods. Did they fix anything? Is headhunter still outright fucking dead? Rhetorical questions of course

its p2w but still f2p, friendo

BG2 is like five dollardoos right now

If you like tinkering and figuring things out, like genuinely find it fulfilling to test and dissect things in a video game, diving down wiki rabbit holes, dealing with lots of math and programming-esque logic to 'exploit' the synergy between different systems and mechanics.. then it's very worth playing.

If you just want to kill hordes of enemies dead with the click of a button and watch currency numbers inflate, still worth playing but you will have to deal with lots of game systems that each require at least a little bit of understanding to squeeze the juice from. You'll basically be at the mercy of guides for the majority or entirety of your time playing. It can still be fun, especially depending on the build you pick (lots of feel-good stuff like chaining corpse explosions and shattering frozen enemies, proliferating damage over time effects, etc).

Others have commented on the monetization aspect.. you'll probably want some specialty tabs if you get into endgame and like the game.

Stash tabs are mandatory if you really want to get in the game, there are strats to hoard more things as f2p, but really I would say no if you're insistent on that. You only get two for free and they don't hold too much and you can't trade from them (you have to use the site to list it), at minimum you'd want a currency, map and a premium or two if you play trade

no, loot grinders are all trash

as long as you do not redeem it's fine sir

Headhunter debatably got a buff/fix since buffs from it last for a minute and new mods have a lot of "gain phys as elelemt".
This league is fine. Monster mods got adjustment and it's generally feels fine once you've learn those which are more dangerous for your build.
Personally I don't like sentinel's impact on inflation. A lot of easy loot invalidated a lot of league mechanics and as result 1ex cost 180c.

Has the rework come out yet? THe one where there modifiers/skills aren't tied to gem slots on armor anymore?

Not unless you're an autist who enjoys planning out a build instead of actually playing a game.

You get more space and better search tools than diablo3

Yeah but you don't need those till end game.
Like level 70ish, and by then you know if you want to keep playing or not

Friendly reminder this game is objectively p2w

you NEED to buy currency and map stash tabs, at the very least. and even then, space will get tight very quickly. so first blood mtx + $30 supporter pack are basically a must. thats $50

imo, f2p is only viable during leveling

Just play Diablo Immortal bro.

No, PoE is a F2P "games as a service" type game that will require you to spend money at some point aside from the loot boxes and other cancerous micro transactions. But you shouldn't waste your time with it, while the character building really is amazing the gameplay is more shallow than even Diablo 3 (which itself is already shallow), and because it's a GAAS the gameplay is focused on retention over quality/fun. You'd have a better time long term just playing some other ARPGs (or other games) while waiting for Diablo 4/Last Epoch. And don't listen to anons who tell you "PoE2 will fix it!!" PoE 2 is not a true sequel, it's a new campaign tacked onto the current game with the exact same endgame where players spend 99% of their time.

Attached: anime-lucky-star-21103.jpg (1920x1200, 220.93K)

No. The game is a poorly designed mess and a convoluted set of systems that aren't fun to pursue