90's PC gamers will understand

90's PC gamers will understand.
Video for reference: youtube.com/watch?v=p3mxq44HhnU

Attached: guybrush.png (1128x834, 1020.56K)

I suggest watching the trailer btw. It's even worse in motion.

The spin offs also look and play like trash. 1 and 2 are and will continue to be the only ones which matter

what was wrong with 3?

Curse has the best art style, every fan knows it and the creators should listen and bring it back. Although, at least it looks like Elaine might be playable in this new game which is great enough to make up for it.

Attached: sexlaine.jpg (1144x720, 226.64K)

His eyebrows were literally painted onto his hair. That's the degree of laziness we're looking at here.

I feel like they're just doing that because they're trying to be woke.

You play the geetar on the MTV.

>Ugliest cartoon style of the 1990s and the ugliest cartoon style of the 2010s/2020s
Checks out

Attached: money for nothing.jpg (750x450, 167.09K)

I see it now

times change old man

the 90's was literally the best era for cartoons and this style was awesome. found the annoying zoomer kid.

that doesn't justify ruining an IP by releasing a sequel with a disgusting corporate art style that are insulting to it's legacy.

What's wrong with having a female character playable? Multiple playable characters have always been common in adventure games, sometimes even 4 or more. Also, having a playable hero and heroine at different points in the story is especially common, Monkey Island could just incorporate that.

I don't think it looks awful. I think it looks different. I'm not sure if it's appropriate, in terms of matching with the series. But on its own, I'm not offended by the visuals. Especially if they have some nice lighting, and effects, it could be pretty appealing.

They tried to find a simplistic style that will mask the incredibly lazy modern "paper doll in a Flash cartoon" look that everyone uses. It didn't work and never does.

>laziness
lol okay
Eyebrows disobeying the rules of the face to maximize expression has been a thing in non-realistic art for generations. Sometimes they don't even stay on the face.

dude just don't defend this crap

Well Silent Hill HD boys... We've been defeated... the crown belongs to Monek Game now...

>it looks like Elaine might be playable
She won't be. Ron mentioned on his blog that they thought about it, but didn't do it in the end.

ywnbaw

Pointing out basic facts of art you're evidently too stupid to grasp is not defending something you've decided to be performatively outraged by.

nothing but these days it's usually a sign of being woke. especially when being put into masculine roles, doing masculine shit.

I can understand it being low budget but does it have to be so ugly

No. I have seen one-man devs pull off better graphics than that.