Only true Handheld Chads can post in this thread. What are you playan on your handhelds right now...

Only true Handheld Chads can post in this thread. What are you playan on your handhelds right now? Where are you playing? What're you looking forward to?

Attached: Handhelds.jpg (4000x3000, 3.86M)

how retarded do you have to be to buy the switch 3 times just for some minor changes

i'm playing kirby and mk7 in my 2DS

CONSOOOOOOM

Finally started the Breath of Fire series.

Attached: IMG_20220628_152045085.jpg (4000x3000, 2.28M)

I'm just a handheld enthusiast, user.
Based. Which Kirby?

Sorry, some of us here on Any Forums actually enjoy video games.
Noice. Haven't tried the series before myself, but retro games are comfy on Vita.

I love it. Finished the definitive versions of FFI-VI on it, Digimon World 1, Castlevania, Metroid Zero Mission, DQ1&3. This thing has become a retro emulation treasure trove since I hacked it open and I can't believe how much goddamn quality titles are at my fingertips.
Love love love this hardware.

>I'm just a handheld enthusiast, user.
Are you planning to get the Aya Neo Air(pictured) or Loki?

Attached: aya-neo-air.png (1160x936, 964.69K)

do you plan on getting an oled vita anytime soon?

FFVIII remaster on the turquoise switch lite.

Looking forward to getting a steam deck, I'm in Q3.

I agree, the Vita is a great emulation machine. I like the Deck a lot because it can emulate Wii U, but the thing's pretty chunky. The Vita has that perfect balance of pocket-sized portability with having enough power to emulate most retro stuff. Not to mention its great original library.
I'm still debating. Like the pic you posted, the size is waaay better than the Deck, but the pricetag is kind of steep. I would love to have a device that can play GameCube without having to bring a whole backpack or messenger bag, though.

Not anytime soon. The OLED screen is nice and all, like I love my Switch OLED, but I've heard the Vita has really bad burn-in issues.
Not too much longer to go then. What storage level did you pick?

what filter do you use for the ps1 games?

Via Adrenaline? Sharp Bilinear for sure.

what's the best emulator for gba games on the vita?

The Switch isnt a handheld, its primary use is in docked mode.

Its like saying the psone is portable because it has a mini TV you can attach

512gb - would swap for a 64gb but I don't want to go to the back of the line and figure it's better than paying a scalper, or trying to sell it and getting scammed. Been waiting so long for it!

FWIW I have the OLED vita and it's never had burn-in but it also never had much use outside of P4G, P3P and super stardust.
Just checked on it as I remember people saying the battery can start to be an issue, but it seems alright. Gotta find where I left the damn proprietary charger.
Also forgot I put a weeb skin on it...

Attached: 1647204766241.jpg (1500x1000, 333.12K)

>512gb - would swap for a 64gb

Why?

Hmmm. It's tough man. I recommend downloading three and switching between each to find out which plays what best.

gpSP is my favorite because you can use Adrenaline's sharp bilinear filter which makes GBA games look really solid. Thing is, it absolutely seems to suck the hardest at running things at a stable framerate.
mGBA is probably the best performance wise but it absolutely obliterates the music so I only use that if I don't care about the OST of the game I'm playing.
RetroArch I feel like is the best middle ground, but honestly, I can't remember which core I used. I think it was the gpSP core.

Change the preorder I mean, for the price saving. Sadly not an option. But it's fiiiine.

>The Switch isnt a handheld, its primary use is in docked mode.
13mil Wii U sold.
76mil 3DS sold.
Nintendo handhelds outsell home consoles every generation. This is clearly a handheld with HDMI out.
Source on the primarily played in docked mode btw.

My Cell Phone is a better gaming device than everything in that pic except for the Steam Deck.

It looks cool but I'm going to hold out for their 6800u handhelds.

The Aya Air Plus is going to be $300, same with the Loki Mini Pro. They should be able to do Dolphin, Indies, Midrange and some low settings AAA.

Attached: aya_neo_air_plus_i3-1215u.jpg (929x517, 67.48K)

Q3 dude here as well. Kinda wouldn't be against downgrading(I got the 512GB) as well. But fuck it. I'm sure once the money is gone and I'm cemented into getting the thing I'll ultimately be happy with the additional space.

And 151 million Wii's sold. The Wii U failed for many reasons, mostly marketing. The 3ds deserves its sales though, i miss mine.

I think i remember watching a YouTuber state 80% of Switch owners used it docked, but ofcourse that may be complete nonsense. I'd love to see the data on the Switch userbase.

I think the dock is integral to the Switch which is why the Lite feels redundant. Thats just my opinion though.

>1 most inferior version, should've been sold once he got the updated version but probably kept cause it's a limited edition
>1 truly handheld that's smaller
>1 best experience with the nicest and biggest screen
I don't own any switch, but imo those are big enough differences for a collector of handhelds, which this faggot obviously is.

Live a live demo since I've never played this on the snes.And I'm one of the few people on this board that actually the 2D-HD visuals.

FF7R right now on my deck, really good

Gonna buy Grim Grimoire when it comes out in Japan in a couple of weeks on my switch because 日本語ができる

Then I took a week off of work for XB3 launch to shitpost with Any Forums and post Nia

Attached: 20220419_172616.jpg (2764x1310, 1.02M)

>$1300 phone in 2022 out performs $200 handheld from 2011

I wouldnt expect any less user

This. Just get the regular switch and you’re good.

>What're you looking forward to?
A 70 degree cloudless evening. A slight breeze. A bottle of ice cold brew. My legs propped up. My chair facing the sunset. One Switch OLED and one copy of Persona 5 Royal.

Attached: Smiling mayrio.png (500x500, 223.58K)

>regular switch
OLED?

Since we're being fags showing off our toys, what do you guys think of my atomic purple Switch?

Attached: IMG_20220628_155841221.jpg (4000x3000, 2.41M)

I hope this thing will be able to run sekiro and elden ring with at least 30fps at any resolution above 360p. If it can achieve that, it can 100% play all the other weaker shit I'd like to play on a handheld.

i hate the Switch with all my soul for being a horrible "modern" game machine. The 3ds blows it out of the water.
Yet, all my favorite games are in the Switch. I specially hate the supposedly online part of the console.

Just wish theyd make a Switch Lite 2 or just a better one

A Switch without Hori split pad pro or something similar is pretty much unusable as a handheld, so 0/10 I guess

BASED fellow vita chads. I seriously love the Vita so much. It's my favorite handheld console of all time. You can emulate a decent amount of retro stuff + psp, ps1 and it's own library. The size and ergonomics of it are perfect too, not too small and not too big. I love my switch OLED, but my jailbroken Vita gets more playtime outta me these days.

The absolute best way to play gba games on the vita is via retroarch gpsp core. Not only is the gpsp core newer than the psp one, you can underclock the cpu to 222 mhz and still get max speed and save alot of battery time too.

Nah, burn in on the Vita is a overexaggerated myth. It prolly happens when you use the shit out of it but its not like it happens easily

Attached: 71fwUD0JaFL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x693, 111.05K)

>I hate popular things

>ice silver ps vita
Based af user. I want that model really bad. I have a cosmic red 1000 and crystal white 1000 atm

>The size and ergonomics of it are perfect too, not too small and not too big.
Just how much of a manlet are you? I have yet to see an adult using a Vita without a case or grip handles, the ergonomics on it are almost as garbage as the Switch

Fucking SOUL!
Make sure you play the fan re translation for 2, it's a night and day difference.

>And 151 million Wii's sold.
Wii 101 million, the Nintendo DS is the one that sold 151 million.

Fug
What if I told you the back casing was also replaced?

Attached: IMG_20220628_155932275.jpg (4000x3000, 2.45M)

So pay respect to the best mobile gaming platform and include a phone in your pic next time

Why fuck switch doesn't have themes

I would have a deck if steam would fucking let me buy it.

I'm 6ft dumb fuck. People only grab grip handles because of r2/l2. You probably have some fat ass fucking hands you fat bastard. The Vita has the perfect ergonomics of any handheld period