How did mario and rabbids go from being the laughingstock of the mario series when first revealed to the last bastion...

How did mario and rabbids go from being the laughingstock of the mario series when first revealed to the last bastion of mario rpgs?

Attached: 997159CA-32D0-4635-933B-B88DB6A6C7EB.png (1175x1902, 3.06M)

>Mario + reddit
Go back

Attached: 1634052035627.png (418x397, 115.06K)

>RPG
How? Is a tactics game.

The competition took themselves out leaving them winner default.

Paper Mario shit itself three times in a row after the Wii
Mario and Luigi died
Super Mario RPG only had one entry
And most importantly, Mario Rabbids dabbed on the naysayers by actually being good

Because nincels eat every garbage Nintendo feeds them

I have no idea how a Nintendo + Ubisoft game turned out so good

Well, AlphaDream went bankrupt due to years of debt and Tanabe killed Paper Mario by firmly establishing in interviews that it would never return to the traditional format.

Everyone who played it liked the first game, what are you even smoking? It's a solid tactics game.

>he posts redditbrown

The game actually ended up great to the point where it made the Rabbids somewhat likable to even skeptics. Proves how much execution matters.

I know, it is a good game, but admittedly, when first revealed, everyone either thought it was just a joke or that it was going to be a dumpster fire, everyone was surprised as to how good it was, and keep in mind, during the time it released, nintendo seemed to be bringing the mario games back to more of what the fans wanted, like people assumed we were going to finally get a new paper mario like the old games and another mario and luigi, but then we got origami king instead and mario and luigi is dead, leaving only mario and rabbids

I think OP is referring to before it was revealed when people were judging it on name alone (Mario+Rabbids) due leaks, if believing it at all.

Is the first one really that good and worth it? it is 15usd right now and the only strategy RPG I've played like that is Disgaea I guess.

Yes, that is exactly what I was referring to

15 bucks for a Mario game, of course it's worth it.

Its more like XCOM than Disgeae.

>SMPRG was a one-off thing, forever tainted by smashfaggots
>paper mario went from a highlight of the entire mario franchise to a soulless husk of what once was
>alphadream is dead, and M&L alongside it
And yet, the raving fucking rabbids crossover turns out to be great, to the point of receiving a sequel. Really is a fucking bleak timeline when the rabbids are the last spark of hope for mario RPGs.

Attached: rabbids.png (1000x1000, 942.88K)

because it had development resources

It's not like Disgaea at all, it's X-COM style with less accuracy bullshit. There's a heavy focus on movement, characters can dash through enemies, jump of friendlies for better positioning and use different abilities.
it's a damn good game and the DLC campaign with DK is also worth getting if it doesn't come bundled in

I thought mario and rabbids was just xcom
I don't really consider xcom an rpg.

Mario and rabbids is a strategy rpg

they got rid of the Grid tactics .. fucking dropped

the first game, sure
but the second one is basically a mix of the first game and a mario RPG, they even took the overworlds straight from SMRPG/Paper Mario
there's even EXP now

Hummm, all I have played on Xcom was like an hour or two on ps3 but I didn't like the art style and performance wasn't the best, I kinda liked it tho

I feel like we’re gonna get to a point where mario and rabbids feels more like classic paper mario than actual paper mario does

>Actually creative gimmicks for a tactics games
>Next Level Games-tier animations
>Has difficulty unlike most Nintendo RPGs
What's not to love

True