How fucking weak is the Switch that it can't even run a 2007 Source game at a decent framerate?

How fucking weak is the Switch that it can't even run a 2007 Source game at a decent framerate?

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_PortalCompanionCollection_deDE.jpg (2000x1000, 775.07K)

Once again, Any Forums assumes that anyone else gives half as much of a fuck about framerate as they do.

Works at 60 fps on my machine (switch)

THAT IS JUST LOW STANDARDS TALKING, WE HAVE TO HAVE STANDARDS AND CALL OUT GAMES THAT DO NOT MEET THEM, FAGGOT.

what?
i've been playing and it's running at a solid 60 on portal 2.

Or just stop whining. I can't imagine the autistic shitfits you people would have thrown if you had to live through the 8 and 16 bit eras.

1 had a ton of little hitches all over the place. I haven't tried 2 yet.
Maybe they don't care if a game is 30 or 60, but they definitely notice when the game has slowdown.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.79M)

Didn't notice any issues in 1 myself but 2 definitely drops both in res and framerate when you're looking through a portal and a lot of shit is being rendered twice

Regardless of performance though, why the hell would you spend $20 to play these games with a vastly inferior control scheme when they cost $2 each on steam right now and run on any toaster?

I didn't.

>8 and 16 bit eras.
You mean the period of time where every game ran at 50/60FPS and displays had zero latency or blur?

this game can literally be play at 60fps on like a gt 710 stfu dumbass nintendo dork

Wow, you really weren't there, were you?

I didn't know that consoles back then were barely running 15-year-old games.

shh let the zoomer live in his imaginary world where the N64 had dynamic resolution and drops to 20fps while playing NES games

I played like half an hour of 1 and 2 in portable mode and they were flawless 60fps

In docked mode however I noticed stuttering in Portal 2

The switch can't even run Kingdom Hearts, which is a PS2 game. SE released a demo for the KH HD collection and it ran like shit which is why the collections were cloud only

I did play entirely docked, so that might have something to do with it. It's still really bad that the game can't hold 60 in all configurations.

Every game literally had 50/60FPS as a target (slowdown obviously did happen sometimes) from Atari 2600 until the 3D era.
It was the gen 5 systems that introduced 30FPS as a common standard, it was a mistake.
LCDs were a significant setback to gaming also, one we haven't even recovered from yet.

Same, hopefully they patch it. I mostly bought it for the portable aspect so not a huge deal if they don't for me at least.

It has mobile hardware from 2015

the switch is really not powerful and the port is probably lazy too (it was not done by valve).
does the port have gyro aim at least?

>does the port have gyro aim at least?
It does, I don't think it has a reset camera button though which is annoying

It was done by Nvidia Lightspeed Studios, you know just the same people that made the Switch's GPU

No camera reset button, and occasionally the gyro drifts. But that might be a faulty controller.

You never heard of slowdown?

>the port is probably lazy too
I wouldn't say so. It looks and feels exactly like the PC version and had no noticeable bugs during the time I played it which is legitimately impressive considering how much of a spaghetti monster the source engine can be. I think it runs about as well as you'd be able to expect from the hardware.

I mentioned it in my post you retard.

bit annoying, but at least it has that so it controls more similarly to the PC version.
can the switch really not maintain 60 with Nvidia at the helm?
makes the DOOM eternal port running at mostly 30 really impressive.