What were they THINKING??

What were they THINKING??

Attached: ww.png (1037x599, 708.27K)

soul vs soulless

Looks better

I don't see the problem with it
much better than just lazily porting the game over

Obligatory reminder that Spirit Tracks implies Link and Tetra never hooked up

HD has its moments of beauty but still the original vision is still the most pure

>IS THAT BLOOM??? AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: file.png (215x234, 68.51K)

Worst, some people insist on calling the HD version "cell shaded"

>what if we remove what made the original special in the first place?

Sauce?

Yeah what were they thinking with the original release of WW. The HD version shows it's aesthetic couldn't reach it's full potential until the HD era was around

It was an experiment with HD development because that's where Nintendo was in 2013. Also, they thought to band-aid the problems of the original and make a version that objectively plays better.

Wind Waker is the most loved Zelda on Any Forums and I’m ok with that

Windwaker is my favorite zelda game.

Attached: fugmbe.gif (498x441, 1.69M)

It’s intuitively obvious. Tetra founded a kingdom and her descendant sits on the throne, Link’s descendant works on a fucking choo-choo. Royals don’t work blue collar jobs in the shipping industry.

original will always be there, preserved forever either on original hardware, or emulation. Might as well go for something new and different if you're going to make the effort to rerelease

Spirit Tracks isn't canon and neither is the Legend of Korra.

This filters the dopamine-addicted zoomer.

Attached: 1655506305955.png (771x594, 693.87K)

Probably one of the worst cases of "missing the point" in gaming history.

>implying royals don't fight over power all the time and ST Link isn't from the degenerate offshoot of the family

CRINGE! SPOILER YOUR CRINGE ARTSTYLE NEXT TIME

Attached: licensed-image.jpg (1613x2048, 419.73K)

I always assumed ST Link was descended from Aryll. That would still make him Zelda’s cousin, but it would explain the lack of royal status. Plus it makes the romance between ST Link and Zelda super hot.

HD version is the better looking game by far. But if I hadn't played it myself, I would definitely be shitting on it

Should have kept the cell shading on the hair.
Everything else is an improvement.

>facial features look like plastic stickers
>improvement

Only on rare occasions, and that's just the consequence of fucking with the lighting. On the bright side, the game has some kickass shadows