Ok, maybe you guys were actually right about Epic

Ok, maybe you guys were actually right about Epic

Attached: Screenshot_20220628-145846_Twitter.jpg (1080x1214, 389.7K)

It all sucks.

Attached: P0rKHCETWlun.png (656x1308, 137.57K)

Why the fuck would you register your details there to begin with.

Attached: OsgzxjburIMb.png (680x679, 110.42K)

>corporate-worshiping americuck gets what he deserves
REMOVE CARD
MONEY STOLEN

Attached: 1633084563378.gif (326x252, 12.09K)

To buy fortnight skins!

shouldn't your bank have contacted you before that?

>give cc info to company
>company updates the info they were given
Maybe don't give them the info in the first place? Actually,
>giving Epic your cc info ever

>we already have your info on your old card so we own the info of any of your next cards, give it to us

Is anyone in this thread an actual adult lol? Many services do this. Spotify, many phone servicing companies. It's quite normal.

wait, you don't just harvest the free games? but why? that's very unepic of you

yea that's literally how it works. that's why you don't give card info to everywhere or delete it after purchase

I've lost my cards a few times and have always had to manually update them, the fuck are you on?

Attached: 1562901917431.gif (350x266, 1.72M)

Do they really though? The most common message is "The card details you have provided are not correct" etc.
I have never known a company to automatically aquire new card details.

whats the point of card expiration and getting new cards then?

why would you pay for any game on epic.
Just wait till its free or released on steam

It gets worse, sisters...

Attached: 1638562300061.png (591x328, 46.75K)

Just like it says in the op pic, sometimes the credit card company will reach out about the new details. Not all services do it but some do.

AHAHAHAHAH

Anyone defending this practice deserves to stay poor and sad

Attached: 1649648305772.jpg (399x400, 13.35K)

Fair enough, shady as fuck.

>muh dead name
#JustTrannyThings

nevermind epic is based lol

Ywnbarw

But user, don’t you see ?
It’s a good thing because I have to hyperpolitcize everything into two sides!

Don't care, Tim gives me free games

Many subscription services have this "feature" and it is terrible. I still havent figured out how to prevent it from happening. Made cancelling some things a nightmare.

>tfw never have and never will install EGS

Attached: Katarn_exultant.jpg (1280x822, 573.2K)

I can imagine that this is an US vs Europe thing and that this is more common in the US. I am only speculating though.

Depends how shitty your bank is. If mine did this then I would close the account

did you think PC gamers were just saying it for shits & giggles or something

Attached: 3453246676890.jpg (485x450, 48.66K)

Steam really spoiled me. Reading shit like this makes me wonder how the fuck does anyone write this shit and thinks it's acceptable to have workarounds like this, instead of trying to implement the feature properly. I bought a PS5 last year and I was also appalled by how unintuitive the UI is in general.

This. If a company did this to me id never use their service again.

lol

Attached: 1655893719841.webm (364x500, 1.04M)

What's the downside?

>deadname
Fucking faggot

There's actually a feature for companies to update your card info these days, it's called Visa Account Updater.
It's purpose is to make it even more difficult to get out of unwanted or forgotten subscriptions. I know what you're thinking, isn't this horrible for security? Yes, but that's an acceptable sacrifice to make so that Disney+ and Netflix can keep billing forgotten subs even after their old card has expired.

>what's the downside of a company that has already falsely charged you for shit being given your new CC info against your wishes so they can continue falsely charging you
Stop huffing paint.

KWAB

Attached: 1655627138143.gif (373x498, 1.96M)

If you use AMEX, they will actually do the legwork FOR the services you pay for to keep your card up to date. Read the TOS for your card.

I live in the US and this is the first ive heard of this. if my bank ever did this I would close my account

You're a retard

Of course a tranny was being disingenuous about what happened, what a fucking fag. Hope they charge his card out the ass

Attached: 1650629310665.gif (360x360, 1.47M)

Wonderful

Attached: 4ljhkjen0gm71[1].jpg (1169x911, 112.21K)

Holy fucking retard youre a moron. Grow up, touch grass then kys troon.

>disingenuous

Attached: 1645710098463.png (456x427, 437.38K)

Expiration dates on cards literally exist to prevent fraud. If companies decide they're just going to auto-update shit without your input, it defeats the purpose of these method of security against fraud.

Good goyim you didn't think you could just avoid paying us after we scammed you, did you?

China has deals with every single American credit card company where they can request ALL information on your record and they will provide it, no questions asked.

>It's okay to have your money literally stolen because other companies do it too
Get the fuck out of her you slant eyed chink. I cannot wait for you to get nuked to oblivion.
Fuck you bug people and FUCK EGS

I want to put my face in that cats butt

>falsely charged
That's hearsay.

This isn't a court, faggot.

Attached: ot9yGsx (1).jpg (545x476, 76.68K)

Here's a brief about the Mastercard version of this system. Notice how it's all about making sure the sellers can make more money without a word about customer security because fuck you.

Attached: mastercard abu.jpg (1264x1203, 128.38K)

>n-no actually he's l-lying because... HE JUST IS OKAY?!

Amerifat here and I've had multiple services lapse because my card went out of date or I had to have a new one issued and forgot to update. I've never heard of a company contacting your bank to do it themselves. Not even the power company does this where I live.

that's why I started using a prepaid card to buy stuff online