They fear the Elden Ring

They fear the Elden Ring

Attached: no-one-wanted-it-although-many-fans-will-have-predicted-it.large.jpg (1280x719, 43.91K)

Elden Ring does tend to BTFO botw in like every possible way

hopefully because of it they completely scrap their retarded weapon degradation system

I doubt it. It is clear to me that the guys underestimated how much work it would take to turn a DLC into a full game.
They will sell this shit for $60 +$30 of future DLC and people will feel cheated when they realize it is the same fucking world with the same fucking trees. The game's directors are probably desperate to create a bunch of islands that look like giant floating turds to try to create the illusion that this is a new game and not just some glorified DLC for a premium price.

>Game delayed by 4 months
>People think this is enough time to revise crucial gameplay concepts and systems to emulate and counter a title which isn't even in the same subgenre
???

Attached: 7AB42BF6-FF40-4665-9B7D-966171E48F44.jpg (1600x2048, 338.55K)

>let's redirect the attention...

Elden Ring was nothing like BotW though.
It's more likely they're delaying it because they want to launch a new console next spring and need some games to go with it.

>Zelda game gets delayed
>It must be because of heckin based Miyazaki sama!

When was the last time a Zelda game wasn’t delayed?

uuuuuh jackie chan?

Attached: AEA2E32E-ABB9-4906-8C9A-D2C9392FE5A1.jpg (1400x1400, 223.68K)

Rarity best pone

Based and true

Attached: 76AFB555-E402-4783-80DB-8B9FE89098F6.png (860x1296, 245.22K)

>Elden Ring does tend to BTFO botw in like every possible way
they're barely the same type of games, except open world. but the physics and environmental use are better than anything of it's type. ER does it even try to do this. you can turn the trees themselves into weapons.

Yes, the resemblance is quite superficial.
The open world of Elden Ring is along the lines of Dark Souls, but with huge areas instead of small ones. The goal of these huge areas is more to be a large battle ground where you will choose what to fight, when, how, where. There's no interaction with the elements of the world, you can't move a single rock from place to place.
Zelda's world is more like a traditional open world without so many borders and bottlenecks connecting different areas. The world is "interactive" and there is a clear attempt by Nintendo to create a sandbox where the player will use the interactive elements to solve problems or create new approaches during combat.

does not even try*

You can like both.

Elden ring literally got forgotten and they will only bring it up for goty shit and then forgot about it once again.

wow i can use physics to accomplish absolutely nothing because exploring is beyond pointless other than to find a shrine and the shrines are railroaded lame shit

yes, elden ring also had shit "shrine"-type dungeons in caves and catacombs, I won't defend that

We have threads about it literally every day

Fluffy abuse thread? Fluffy abuse thread.

Attached: 55b5c14b7c02e84fd582a831ee67a5dccaaf00be.gif (1000x750, 1.74M)

Elden Ring doesn't try to be interactive, and it also barely tries to use the open world for anything more than a huge arena.
I remember basically only one place where I had to change my combat approach, near that village of madness, because if you just approach it carelessly you will die instantly. I then had to use the terrain to my advantage.
I think that was the only part where the terrain was really used this way. The rest of the game is basically "big areas with scattered enemies, have fun".

let it go user, nobody talks about ER anymore