Thou does't work on thine game, is it not so, user?

Thou does't work on thine game, is it not so, user?

Attached: G8Qld2N.jpg (442x567, 36.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A3jhmwPEEys
streamable.com/mirpx2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off.

Verily? It comes out in two days. I was looking up what the Japanese thought of the demo that just came out and they really like it. It ended up being more popular than I was hoping!

youtube.com/watch?v=A3jhmwPEEys

Attached: 2_2x.gif (480x272, 1.34M)

no u.

almost finished the 'questton' area
added these goblins yesterday

Attached: goblins.webm (1920x1080, 2.94M)

Attached: questton.png (1279x914, 1.99M)

You've really nailed the art style

Been working on my jungle theme world graphics.

Attached: HighresScreenshot00016.png (1920x1019, 3.07M)

One thing per day

Damn, that's some nice atmosphere. I'd personally change that green glow to some light fog or something, but it's still real nice.

Why do fags keep making old vintage games from time when 3D or 2D was shit? NES and this shit with bad textures and no entity models here only appeals to retrofags that have extra thick rose-tinted glasses and will pretend that every game today is shit, so why bother pandering to these people?

its just that level that looks retro
theres a whole bunch of different artstyles. most of the areas are semi-realistic

ty

Attached: parkinglot.png (1256x676, 834.55K)

Thanks!
Not sure what you mean changing green glow to light fog.
going into the depth of the scene obscuring far away trees is fog and it's light.

Attached: screengrab_001_.png (1920x1080, 2.72M)

When will godot make a tileset editor that isn't torture to use, it's all that's holding me back from getting a lot of work done

That green "glow" might also be GIA at work, I dunno. It just looks a bit overdone in my opinion. As for the fog, I meant something closer to the environment itself.

In-game it might be too distracting though so I wouldn't worry about it. Looks good all the same.

Did you guys fix the bug where whenever you restart, you lose lives for no reason?

Visual studio is being an ass.
Again.
i can't even put a basic class in my game due to something fucky going on with the editor.

Attached: just.png (382x384, 212.2K)

If you want to be a successful game dev, you need to be a successful tools programmer first.
Or hire one.

That's not a bug though

Oh come on.
>"Ah fuck, I made a mistake in the beginning of the game and don't want to lose a life, better restart"
>Lose a life anyway
Like really? Who thought this was a good idea?

Attached: 1607638603643.jpg (274x228, 18.99K)

Ah, If you mean the somewhat brigther green spot in the middle of the area, that might be a point light i put there.
I have added some to give it a bit more of a mystical, magical, atrificial jungle feeling.
This is also basically just a test map to try and get the tools & technique ready to then build actual levels.
I might need to dial in some things when I have built actual levels and how it works with real level geometry / distances.

Attached: screengrab_003.png (1920x1080, 2.51M)

anons in the last thread provided some good constructive criticism so i remade this model basically from scratch. critique welcomed on the new version.

very soulful use of lowpoly and flat textures.

Attached: Magior.png (1318x1275, 1.39M)

I genuinely have almost never played a game where restarting didn't make you lose a life. There's never really a situation where you can fuck up hard enough in one of Shi's levels that it's impossible to continue too, we tested that.

(Unless you somehow found a way to clip through the ground or softlock yourself, in which case definitely report that)

not him but that sounds like a good idea to stop the players restarting constantly when they make a mistake

So you haven't played any games in your life then? 99.999% don't make you use a resource to restart

can't you just use Tiled and find an importer

Fuck thee.

>that might be a point light i put there
Oh, that makes sense. Yeah it's a bit strong, but if it's just a test map it's whatever I guess.

He looks like a pretentious twit. I think that's what you're going for, right? Elves are pretentious.

working on my 'art' though it's awful.
Working on a scene.

i do it because i suck at art and even semi-skilled artists think they should make aaa pay from a few passable assets for an indy game. unless you're at least a mid-sized studio with some ability to market to a wide audience graphics are a poor investment.

All the old platformers I played didn't have a restart function so it made sense to just keep going. Why implement a restart function if it makes you lose lives in the first place? I haven't found any clipping or softlocks, the restart thing was my only criticism for the most part.
Restarting makes you go back at the beginning of the stage so obviously you wouldn't restart once you go past through a checkpoint.

>Why implement a restart function if it makes you lose lives in the first place?
Just in case players are too shit to get themselves out of a fucked situation. It's also pretty handy during missions or time trials.

If it's really a bother you can always turn on infinite lives. That's an option, although the game mocks you for doing that.

immediately came to mind

Attached: 202011181427-main.cropped_1605684461.jpg (1280x853, 108.61K)

This. Some fucker was asking for 600$ for a 50x50 sprite + his walk, jump, attack hurt and die animations. Like wtf dude.

>wah wah wah make game for me!!!!!
No

2D amniaton is hard :(((

>even semi-skilled artists think they should make aaa pay from a few passable assets for an indy game
Yeah, I know that feeling. That's why I just said fuck it and made all the art for the game myself. Could be prettier, but it gets the job done and it didn't bankrupt me so whatever.

Sounds unnecessary honestly. Not gonna be a cuck and turn on infinite lives but I think your game is one of the few games where it has that weird feature, never seen in any other game tbqh.

i wish i could get 6 fuckin dollars from doing art let alone 600

Attached: se dvg sdg.png (3508x3000, 1.54M)

those are some nice skills on display bro
That Karin looks cute and dangerous

Added some shit to my isometric game's overworld.
Also fixed the camera jittering. It still jitters on the video but I guess that's because of it's compression.
streamable.com/mirpx2
Next up is the UI and day/night cycle, while also working on a mockup for the battle system. Want to check it's doable before doing anything else.

a couple of retards from /agdg/ have worked on the same game for 5 or 6 years and still don't have a release date lol fucking retards

Hell, I'd pay you well for that kinda art. Just don't got any projects that need 2D art right now.

user from earlier: if you're reading this, I added a run button

Attached: msrun.webm (640x480, 537.6K)

I'm looking at making music, and it seems hard. My art is still awful too.
So I should make something that only requires programming.

That's why you never create something for passion

ty very much
i think ive posted my art about 3-4 times here before when its been relevant, and you're actually the first reply that didnt call it shit

naisu. is it like an ff tactics kinda combat

Attached: 1649539319981.jpg (814x845, 84.53K)

Doing and learning about animations now. It's tough. Getting a bit discouraged. My animations look terrible. I know you don't start creating amazing stuff at the very beginning but it's tough.