You will never have a reboot of the Duke Nukem franchise of the quality Doom and Wolfenstein got

>You will never have a reboot of the Duke Nukem franchise of the quality Doom and Wolfenstein got.

Attached: tumblr_inline_oa4szpMCep1t3hxub_250.jpg (220x258, 14.89K)

>ZOOM + ZOOM: Shiternal
>Wolfencuck: The New Onions
good

Thank fucking God.

they cant find a way to pozz duke nukem enough, thats why.
if anything, im glad they wont do it. see

Good. I love Duke but he just doesn't fit well in the modern era.

Quake is next by the way

Doom: Silent Protag to Silent Protag
Wolfenstein: Silent Protag to Talking Protag (Politically Correct)
Duke Nukem: Talking Protag (Not PC) to...

You think you know what you want, but you don't.

>nuDoom and nuWolfestein
>quality

Attached: 1634645803635.png (1144x860, 1.11M)

theres times and places for duke to make his appearance. if we enter another era like the 80's roided action movie era we may see him make a comeback but that aint soon

People who say duke cant work in todays era need to watch peacemaker.

fpwp

>I have shit taste
Thanks for sharing.

We already know contrarians exist, you do not need to post here.

don't care already got 2001 prototype which I'm more than happy for

thank god

>You will never have a reboot of the Duke Nukem franchise that's extremely low quality
What a relief!

Attached: 1501124853979.png (538x442, 137.74K)

it's not that he can't work, it's that he would never be allowed to.

also daily reminder that the DNF2001 restoration project was ruined by people who would never allow duke to work

Attached: 1648058720435.png (305x338, 149.26K)

fpbp

it already got obliterated
literally no one touched it

cope

Imagine rotting your brain with social media to the point where you can't even make coherent arguments anymore and can only spurt out buzzwords and nonsensical blurbs. Zoomoids really are fucked.

seethe

this
the "people who won't allow Duke to work" have infested the industry at ever single level, whether its big dev roles or in modding groups

Attached: 1634944561138.jpg (726x669, 39.92K)

So I've been playing some Build Engine stuff recently. I remember some guy saying that you can't really create any unique encounters with Duke Nukem 3D enemy roster, their purpose is to look cool and die with some fancy visuals. This is what I've experienced pretty much, there's no real drive to the combat like in Doom or Quake, you won't be maneuvering around hundreds of enemies using their bodies to hide from chaingunner fire or revenenat rockets, you won't go through crazy shit like archvile carousel from sunlust or mancubian candidate from valiant, or solve enemy puzzles like in cyberdreams, you won't be getting that sick Quake movement and it's weapon switching combos either, that's all because the Build Engine games weren't designed to support that. That applies to all games from the mighty trinity: Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood. So you end up going through levels enjoying pretty visuals while doing some trivial combat from time to time, I guess you can say that cinematic shooters really started with Build Engine games, even before Half Life came out.

Duke 3D started the decline of game designers not understanding how to make good enemies. Difficulty ends up comes from lots of hitscanners with too much HP that just surprise you and shoot. Chaingun guys in Doom 2 were hated for this reason but at least they were very fragile, easy to stun and useful for triggering infighting.

I'm not objecting to the fact that hitscanners exist, but rather that a lot of devs clearly completely fail to understand how to use them. Take Duke3D for example:

All non-hitscan enemies: a complete joke that are effortless to kill and only rarely manage to harm the player unless by a surprise hit in the back. This includes really unique, awesome looking enemies like Octabrain and Assault Commanders.
Enforcer: Takes off half your health before you look at them. Also has ZERO pain chance, despite pain chance being the obvious thing you should be giving hitscanners.
Battlelord: Takes off 3x your health in under a second, unless you are lucky and it uses its non-hitscan attack which is non-threatening
Every boss other than Battlelord: complete joke that you'll probably never take damage from.

It's like no-one spent even a modicum of time understanding how Doom worked or how to balance their own game. It seems like Doom was either an inspired or accidental genius on the first try. I can't think of a successor to Doom that has a similar level of every monster feeling balanced, unique, and impactful.

It's also noteworthy that very few games take the same route as Doom to difficulty: NO HP CHANGES. NO DPS CHANGES. JUST GIVE ME MORE SHIT TO KILL. Instead we see the lazy "just give everything 50% damage on easy and 200% damage on hard".

I'd say that no dev could make his games justice but maybe Crowbar Collective is a solid option.

Attached: 1652479106685.png (1912x1012, 969.25K)

We had Quake Champions which is a legit good game.

Attached: Cr7WvReXgAE4Bwn.jpg (359x360, 26.97K)

i dont want duke to just work i want him to shine, and what i want isn't whats gonna be popular nowadays.
good points, you can say the same thing for almost all 2d fighting games after street fighter 2 being basically graphically upgraded clones with more moves and never having fair but challenging AI

>buzzwords
go to bed grandpa, not anyone elses fault that your reflexes have atrophied

I've got balls of steel

>Remember kids, I'm a professional, don't try this at school
wew