Am I the only one that finds Africa to be a cool setting and want more games set there? Maybe it's the tropical jungles...

Am I the only one that finds Africa to be a cool setting and want more games set there? Maybe it's the tropical jungles, the wildlife, or how it's always portrayed as this harsh and war torn place, but I kinda want more games to tackle it. It's a shame that they might end up being accused of racism like Resident Evil 5, which is probably one of he main reasons why no dev wants to make a game set there.

Attached: MV5BYTg1NDg0NzctMDRmNi00NmQzLTk0NGYtMjY5MzZiNGU0NTVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTY0MDIzNzM@._V1_.jpg (1200x750, 244.41K)

>It's a shame that they might end up being accused of racism like Resident Evil 5, which is probably one of he main reasons why no dev wants to make a game set there.
You can't win anyway so they might as well just do it. Africa is a nice settings in terms of the landscape and all the animals that can be found there. Shame about the native people there though.

Attached: 954.jpg (867x1079, 156.71K)

honestly wouldn't mind a game playing as a primitive spearchucker hunting or some shit

they already did far cry primal

Look on the bright side. A game taking placing in Africa means you get to kill a ton of natives.

thats the problem, why they wont make it. especially after RE5.

Attached: 15.jpg (2066x3002, 1.16M)

>goldstein
without fail

>2009
>(((goldstein)))
they were ahead of the curve.

>Am I the only one that finds Africa to be a cool setting and want more games set there
no, devs are too pussy to have a game set there tho

Far Cry 2 was fun until I got sick of the fucking checkpoints respawning 20 seconds after I just cleared them.

>Goldstein
should have guessed as much

I kinda gave up because of this. Enjoyed the game for the rest. Last good far cry probably.

isnt there a mod that fixes this?

It's an entire continent so yeah I agree.
I'd like some horrors games with with local flavor and a contemporary setting.
Or elder scrolls Ethiopia if you got the ability to make it

Africa is a cool place to kill people

I'm south african and love games set in the savannah. I really liked Far Cry 2 (apart from the wrong way around guns) and MGSV. Slotting a floppy from 350m in full sprint while leading him just right feels great.

Yes. I loved the Africa level in MGSV, especially crouching through swamp puddles then shooting niggers from the foliage. I just like shooters where you have to navigate through the jungle.

Endless spawning niggers lol

To be honest, African accents are in the S tier of accents.

fuck no. im tired of seeing brown and beige irl.

>Goldstein

The drama over RE5 is even more hilarious when you realise it is about shooting a bunch of peasant africans at the start of the game and not the actual tribe of ooga booga natives from the deepest darkest wilderness that turn up like 2/3 of the way into the game.

I finished MGS5 recently and absolutely loved Angola more than Afghanistan. There's something more raw and brutal about it. It's just a shame I couldn't kill the child soldiers. Wish more games had the balls to allow for such things.