It takes over 540,000$ to max out a single Diablo immortal character, not 100,000

The figure was initially thought to be around 100,000$ due to the cost of needing 6 5/5 star legendary gems. Which would be around 16,660 dollars per 5/5 star gem with avg luck

But apparently there’s a hidden whale “mechanic” when you upgrade a 5/5 star gem to level 10 that is attached to a piece of gear above rank 6 that five/ five star gem would undergo a process called “awakening” when a 5/5 star gem awakens, it gains an additional 5 slots around it, which allows an additional 5 legendary gems to be slotted into it which the gems have to be individually upgraded again to rank 10.

Contrary to previous beliefs of needing 6 5/5 star gems to max out a character, which is not true due to awakening, you’ll need 36 5/5 star gems which all have to be upgraded to rank 10.

To awaken a gem you’ll need to purchase an item that’s only available in the cash shop for purple orbs called dawning echos, which cost you around 1000 eternal orbs, roughly around 30$ per gear awakening.

If you’re to be lucky and average around 15,000 dollars per 5/5 star gem for 36 gems that alone would tally up to 540,000$ on top of that you’ll need 6 dawning echos which is an additional 30$ per gem for 6 gems which is 180$.

Now the thing is on top of that you’ll be looking for specific 5/5 star gems for you character build , you’ll also need duplicates of that gem to upgrade the 5/5 star gem so the cost of 540,000$ is a basis if you have good luck, and up to over 1million dollars for those unlucky whales

a small mansion by the coastside for a in game character on a game arguably worse that its predecessor

Attached: 6yorvh2340891.png (2352x1646, 2.76M)

>wanting to max out a character in a gacha/mtx/p2w game

No, I don't think I will

Attached: E5yo55CWUAAqspC.jpg (974x1200, 99.25K)

I think blizzards just trying to destroy their own public image entirely before microsoft gets them

and it's completely optional :)

who the fuck is in charge of these video game companies? So many horrible decisions are being made; it's hilarious, but I can't help but wonder what the FUCK is going on?

disgusting

they hired gacha developers (educated psychologists working to exacerbate and exploit gambling addictions), who are used to working for companies with negative brand value, and said "give us the best you've got", which they did, not accounting for the fact that the Blizzard Entertainment name is - or at least was - worth billions.

Yup ms is going to hate all that free money!

my only problem with this game is that theyve bound skill mutators behind gear
i dont want to play explosive corpses fo 10% more damage, i want more stronger skeletons.
lost all interest in this gacha
still better graphics and animations than poe/grim yawn
prolly gun pirate diablo 3 for the switch

>bro we need a investor with a cool million to keep working on our gacha
>what if we actually get someone to pay us 1 million in game?
>its so dumb it might just work
at this point its literally better to consider buying stock shares on blizzard that to play their games

they want gacha money but they don't want to do what actually gets the gacha money, which is making the gacha roll items anime children with no clothes on

Kek. how greedy can you be? Like when you come up with this System or discuss its boundaries and Limits what kind of human being sits there and is like
>hm 100k sounds good but ... what if... what if we tweaked it to 250k instead?
> Sir we thought 100 Was already a stretch...
>maybe hm, what about 500.000??!
>sir I dont believe people ...
>Yeah 500,000 sounds perfect

Paragon 25 here games good.

Kys shill

paragon 32 here
i peaked. game no longer interests me.
really wish BP and boon did something to this. i paid only for BP btw

The fact that it's a system in the first place. Just play Diablo 3 for that ARPG itch, and it's on Switch so you can play it on the shitter.

And that's 500k for the luckiest ones, and as far as we know Blizzard has no incentive of making the algorithm "lucky"

These people are very far removed and probably never played a Blizzard IP in their life. They just want fast money.

I MEAN, If some whale was willing to go that far, it's not farfetched to think they'd walk the extra mile. Sunken cost fallacy and all.
You could keep increasing this forever every time someone reached the cap

this is just too much money
100k on videogames by itself is retirement fund tier of investment
500k on average? 1m with bad luck? buy shares of microsoft, it will be funnier watch it grow that diablo immortal would

its shit, but retards need to figure out that you don't need a maxed out character to do pretty much all difficult content in this game anyway. that retard that spent 50k+ or whatever ran high level rifts with no gear on and still cleared it in like 4 minutes lol

Attached: DidntReadLOL.gif (209x207, 2.13M)

Have people been running the numbers for other games to get "maxed?

I mean what would it cost to C6 a Genshin character + roll their 5 star weapon (and 4 of them) without actually playing the fucking game like a normal person. Probably less, but it's not expected, and you can enjoy the game without it.