What the fuck is this shit?! what have they done to my guybrush ? this is ugly as fuck...

what the fuck is this shit?! what have they done to my guybrush ? this is ugly as fuck, fuuuuuck you Ron Gilbert this shit should have ended with LeChuck's Revenge fuck youuuu

youtube.com/watch?v=p3mxq44HhnU

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 165.02K)

Over before it even began I guess.

WTF this is being made by Ron Gilbert's studio. Thimbleweed Park wasn't great and it constantly screaming REMEMBER OLD LUCASARTS GAMES at yout got old quick but it wasn't this sad looking.

This shit legit ruin my day, i was looking forward to play this game, MI is my favorite game series. fuck man, this year fucking sucks im legit mad

I postponed my suicide for THIS?

>You WILL eat plant-based versions of your favorite foods
>You WILL cheer for LGBTQ characters taking the place of your favorite protagonists
>You WILL play the corporate artstyle reboot of your favorite games.

It may be the worst art style I've ever seen. Worse than even Big Mouth. It's just awful.
The proportions and anatomy of the characters is just outright bad. Cal-arts noodle arms would genuinely look better than the bizarre hourglass arms. Top it off with the soulless dot eyes and overly zany backgrounds and you have a visual mess that only a tasteless autist like Ron Gilbert would find appealing.

But what if your favorite food already is "plant-based"?

i'll check it out since i'm a fan since i was a little kid but the new artstyle is absolutely hideous and makes me angry

How is he LGBT? He's even more adult and masculine in this.

you guys do know the only reason they couldn't get Steve Purcell back is because he's too busy working at Pixar right?

>You WILL replace the ingredients of your favorite vegetarian meals with government subsidized corn and onions substitutions

The artstyle is one thing, but holy hell the animation is so bad.

So this is how Guybrush die huh, this shitty game will sell 100 copies top. RIP monkey island, thanks for the memories

Thimbleweed Park was excellent, and you can turn off the reference jokes if you want.

>soulless dot eyes
?

Attached: mi2guybrush.jpg (820x1483, 94.84K)

Americans really can't draw anymore. Sad.

I think that post is talking more about modern media in general

>Series already has 5 completely distinct art styles
>"wtf? Why did they change the artstyle?"

It’s not “Why did they change the artstyle?", it’s “Why is the new artstyle so fucking bad?”

>BRAAAAAP

This shit makes Broken Age look good.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 13-33-11 Return to Monkey Island Gameplay Reveal Trailer.png (1456x843, 1.07M)

Oh great, another stronk black female that I'm sure will never lose a fight against Guy and their last one will end in a draw because she is too strong.

Broken Age always looked good. Each setting is a carefully painted work of art.

Attached: 109929.jpg (1680x988, 208.18K)

Monkey Island 1 already had Carla and the Voodoo Lady.

You are not welcome here until you take your meds, retard.

>Oh great, another stronk black female

The Swordmaster of Mêlée Island was in the very first game from 1990. The game is set in the Caribbean, what do you expect?

MY NAME IS GUYBRUSH DICKNOSE AND I WANT TO BE A PIRATE

Pixel art using the technology of the time vs hires art made today. Even the EGA version of Secret of Monkey island cutscenes had eyes that weren't just black dots.

Attached: guybrush-closeup.png (640x400, 7.19K)

>monkey island keeps getting remakes
>space quest still forgotten

Attached: 11e6fbcf0e923598d3ea8cf0e055c107fda8e8dc22c36d7903c040a2e76f78fe_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg (639x361, 57.12K)

i think the artstyle looks pretty good.
we could have gotten generic noodle arm calarts shit but we didnt.
honest question though, if you hate the art style, what kind of art style did you want to see instead? even after the first teaser, i never saw anyone properly answer that.
and im talking about other answers besides "it should look like the originals" or "look like curse of monkey island".

Because space quest was shit. The only people who remember Sierra games fondly are the people for whom those games were the only option available to them.
The only Sierra game still worth playing today is Gabriel Knight. That's it.

I took some gummies this morning.

Something like a hand drawn story book illustration. Best example I can think of right now is Creaks, but more in the style of Peter Chan's backgrounds from Monkey Island 2.

Attached: WCCFcreaks3.jpg (1030x579, 329.93K)