What was the turning point of their decline?

what was the turning point of their decline?

Attached: blizzard-entertainment-logo[1].jpg (1920x1080, 106.46K)

activision buying them out duh

Creating world of warcraft.

2021 was their highest earning year

you think a little hate from Any Forums and asmongold viewers is anything more then a drop in the bucket?

When they got the Command and Conquer guy to make Starcraft 2 and it ended up being shit.

This and overwatch. This is what happens when you try to appeal to normies. They will devour you and leave you a decrepit husk of your former self.

>Closing Blizzard north
>WoW giving too much money
>OW

this

There were multiple turning points which lead to multiple dark ages. The first was 2008 with the launch of Wrath of the Lich King because it made WoW too easy hot off the heels of the most try hard iteration of the game, the next was in Warlords of Draenor because it was garbage, and then the next and latest turning point which lead to their soon to be official acquisition by Microsoft was them ruining the Burning Crusade release with cash ops/level boost and the news of their weird office sex stuff/bullying a girl to suicide came out.

the decline of Blizzard and all of gaming are women getting involved into it

This is a product of their owner, Bobby…Kotick

>then
than*

You forgot Diablo 3 shitting the bed at launch and the blizzcon “you guys have phones, right?” moment.

They day they made feral useless in AoE fights and I got benched.

This is Any Forums

>dr00d
You deserved it

All i do every single day for several years now is browse Any Forums and play WoW. I'm doing it right now

mists of pandaria

this is the real answer

This to be honest. If you're old enough to remember, anime detroyed nerd culture in North America. Anime brought cosplay to nerd communities, cosplay brought women, women brought normies and sjws. Normies started larping as nerds making nerd culture mainstream. Then women started pretending that they were always a part of nerd culture and here we are today.

V I D E O G A M E S

>Any Forums
>television and film
>film
guess it's on topic then

Attached: Warcraft_Teaser_Poster.jpg (250x400, 20.16K)

What's the point of even having Tracer and Widowmaker in the same game if they're not engaged in a saucy futanari tryst.

wc3 reforged was an apocalyptic disaster
they also stopped supporting heroes of the storm
like what do they even do nowadays? some expansion once a year for WoW that no one likes for more than 2 weeks?

repulsive faggot coomer

For me ? It's Mercy and D.Va

Attached: [Rikolo] D.Va does Overwatch - Pharah + Mercy.webm (1200x674, 2.76M)

>they also stopped supporting heroes of the storm
Them ruining Garrosh by making him a low damage tank was the beginning of the end

Intredasting, never considered that angle

futaniggers need to be removed from the gene pool

the Wrath of the lich king

Attached: 1636147318473.jpg (1195x862, 234.1K)

There's no singular point in time. The talent that made them Blizzard all retired/died and the ones working their now are just randos that entered the industry. If anything, Riot is the new Blizzard

It's the truth. There was a clear and distinct before and after. It started around the year 2000. In the 90's there were almost no women at comic book conventions or video game events. Then anime became popular around the year 2000 then you started seeing women cosplaying because it was an excuse for them to dress up slutty. Then you started seeing more women and normies. It played out exactly the way I said it. Anybody who refutes this was not into nerd culture before the year 2000.

They were never good, what did people see in their 90s games? The shitty gauntlet clone about grinding for better loot in randomly generated but ultimately samey levels against mindless hordes that you occasionally tap a hot key in? lmao.

Attached: Z3MnAPz.jpg (1216x684, 190.05K)

Turning point was money store inside WoW on top of sub.

Can confirm. ComicCon 1997 was sweaty nerds, like it should be

When they hired their first woman.

spbp
They became The WoW Company, and they never recovered.

Their ban of players running Diablo 3 through Wine. That happened at the same time Valve was starting to really take GNU/Linux seriously. Which let Valve capture a growing market that Blizzard had previously owned.

If Blizzard had played their cards differently they could have been in a position to launch a device like the Steam Deck today. Instead they shackled themselves to Windows.

When they started to think themselves as rock stars and stopped working.

Based FutaCHADS

zoomers don't play rtses, and the only game that rewards not being tarded is hearthstone battlegrounds

only recent game*, my bad