Is Disco Elysium good...

Is Disco Elysium good? The feedback has been so schizophrenic (its reported to be either the best written game ever or lefty propaganda the game) I can't decide whether to spend money on it or not.

Attached: disco-elysium-the-final-cut-review_juxn.jpg (1920x1080, 355.19K)

Yeah, it's good. It's a game that's more about people than politics.

Pirate the game, decide for yourself, and pay for it if you liked it.

It's a glorified visual novel.
>the best written game ever
that's a pretty low bar

It's basically what would happen if Vaush wrote a game. If you're an easily impressed idiot this might appeal to you. If not, it wont.
Also there are no combat mechanics, the pacing of an elderly snail, an ending that ignores the Knox rule and Chapo Tranny House provide the VO work for it - that should tell you all you need to know.

Attached: 1711_Weaponized_Autism.png (569x732, 442.94K)

It's the west's first ever VN. It's overhyped by the indie LGBT crowd

>there wasn't enough pew pew to keep my interest
>the knox rule
Maybe stick to Call of Duty, mutt

Attached: rkrawandjot61.jpg (540x1200, 32.44K)

dull writing but i appreciate how it integrates light RPG mechanics into a VN
I think more should try this

Don't spend money on it. The developers wouldn't want you to.

The game is very well-written for a game and I really enjoyed it. It's a character-driven game. As for the politics, they are merely a backdrop and they are treated with nuance for the most part.
Our main character's options which we get to choose from in regards to politics are mostly played for laughs but it is revealed in the end that the only reason our main character is so obsessed with ideology is his desire to have something to cling onto in a world he doesn't understand, to find a sense of belonging. It's essentially a critique of reactionaries and extremism.
Disco Elysium also rightfully treats communism as a somewhat unattainable ideal but makes the argument that it may be worth trying to move towards a new, potentially better system than what we have now, just to see where we end up.
You have to look at it from an Eastern European perspective, countries that have endured all sorts of problem over many different governments all with differing ideologies.
Even after all these years, they still aren't especially good places to live in and many people feel resentment towards the EU and their neoliberal politicans who are more concerned with stability and their own well-being than anything else. It's only natural that their people drift to other ideologies then, just to get away from stagnation.

Vaush is a retarded pedophile. Anyone that makes political content on YouTube is fucking retarded.

It's a repulsively ugly mockery of nature and thus I will never play it.

It's good. Well written, good world building if you're into that and a solid focused main narrative. You can dodge every single political convo. The game both insults and glorifies every ideology in a realistic manner (The skills you have are characteristics and some criticize a specific ideology while other glorify it). At it's heart, it's a game about people and how they rationalize things trough politics is just a side aspect of it. None is more beneficial than the other

Say what you want about CoD, at least it's fun and doesn't try to suck its own cock with pretentious writing.

It looks like the gayest shit I've seen in gaming for thirty years, don't care about its politics. Disgusting 70s hipster artstyle let me know everything about it from a glance.

>knox rule
Lol, lmao even.

Good post, ignore midwits that can't into nuance. Approach the game how you want, you have a surprising amount of freedom

Disco Elysium never presents itself as something greater than it is.

>The feedback has been so schizophrenic (its reported to be either the best written game ever or lefty propaganda the game)
There's no "or". It's a very well written and funny game; it ALSO has an unremittingly post-soviet communist perspective.

Vaush may be a retard but saying he's a pedo is a room temp iq, Any Forumstard take.
>Vaush: "maybe we should view people who profit from child slavery with the same disdain we view people who profit from cp"
>Any Forums: "holy shit, Vaush just admitted he's a pedophile"
He's said enough stupid stuff to attack him legitimately without having to make up shit about him

I don't care if he's a pedo or not I just say that he is because it's funny, I haven't actually followed the whole pedo thing at all

go back

it's a great game and it laughs at every ideology the same, maybe even communism the most.
if you are not 16 and your political knowledge is above reading pastas on Any Forums you'll enjoy it.
personally, i'm a diehard dolorian humanist and i don't care if the game tells me i'm just salty from my ex

>the knox rule

Attached: 1618827799043.gif (200x150, 2.59M)

Your mom only gets home at 9