Outer wilds

>they're territorial they can't gang up on you!
>they're blind they totally won't home into you at mach speed!
>just hug the wall they can't hurt you!
how the fuck do I get into the red light core I fucking hate this stupid planet so much

Attached: 1655215400764.png (732x732, 561.15K)

Filtered the fuck out of me.

They're blind, not deaf.
Don't fire your thrusters when near them. Drift into wherever you want to go.
I think the cutoff of you being in range is if you can hear their ambient noises.

Attached: 1593644812637.jpg (253x234, 47.83K)

Don't fire the thrusters until you're out of range. You only need to enter the red light core once to beat the game.

When you play KB+M you can't accelerate at all when they are around or they will home in on you.
With controller you can give the slightest of tilt and it will slowly accelerate you.

Regardless, you will keep your momentum when flying into nodes. even if it does not seem that way. When flying into the red node, just go make yourself a cup of coffee until you hit the middle (where the red originates) and from there you nare safe from the three at the entrance.

it's literally the only place left I need to fuck around in and this shit gay tree singlehandedly dragged down the game from a 10/10 to a 9/10
I managed to get to my destination ONCE through sheer luck, panic and desperation (webm related) because I was at the end of a loop and I wasn't done exploring

I feel like I've tried that already but as soon as I floated into the core the two niggas in front just zoomed towards me
after a couple of attempts to get in I figured Feldspar was on to something with his method and tried to recreate my first success to no avail, and then I made this thread because I'm pissed since I have to make the detour to get the warp core every time I die

I'm going to try again now that I've cooled off

Attached: 1626613901055.webm (860x360, 2.64M)

Ah, you're at the end then. At least as long as you have found the coordinates to the Eye.
If so, enjoy user. You're in for peak vidya once you get past this. If the thread is up I then I hope you share your thoughts here.

Attached: thumbsup.jpg (301x267, 25.36K)

Since you mention the warp core I assume you are at the end of the game and are trying to restart the Vessel. I had the same problem you're having. What you need to do is as soon as you enter the red node -- and I mean AS SOON AS YOU ENTER and the screen changes -- just set the controller down and drift along until you reach the anglerfish eggs. Then slowly give thrust until you reach the target. This has worked for me every time.

>Slowly drifting towards the finish line with the muffled and slightly panicked version of the track playing in the background.

Attached: Come-and-See.jpg (1226x900, 96.85K)

They're blind, not deaf. Sounds attract them, so you want to release your thruster before entering the room

if you're using a controller, one notch of thrust won't attract them

I think you can have one tick/block of thrust in any way (both up and down one is okay), and they won't hear you.

Since we're here anyway, in what order did anons generally discover the major components of the Final Day?
I can't quite recall my own, but I know it began with exploring Timber Hearth right away, which led me straight to Feldspar and the Nomai before anything else, and the Eye's coordinate was the final piece.

Attached: oh my.jpg (652x580, 53.03K)

You only need to steer in the first section. Once you go through the first light you literally just coast, don't touch the steering, you'll get close to them but not make them aggressive.

Easy route once you've full explored the area and solved everything don't do this until you're fully explored and ready to get the ending as you're not meant to find it this way: go to the centre as above, once the eggs are in view, you should just about see some bramble in the fog to the left of them. Go into that bramble and you'll be pretty much at the ship

bumping because I want to hear OP's thoughts if he finishes.

Attached: wooloo.png (1000x975, 453.01K)

thanks for the tips bros, I beat the game
my brainlet ass managed to get stuck in the warp room, the eye and the forest for a couple tens of minutes but I made do

not sure, can't quite put it into words just yet
probably the best horror game I've ever played though I've never played much of that in the first place, but you "just play it retard" fags were pretty on point about that so I'm glad I never got spoiled on anything somehow

That was a really good fucking game though , gonna grab it on Steam now for the DLC since I played it with Gamepass.

The DLC is also very good.

One thing to note, there's a low scares mode in the DLC you probably will want to turn it on. All it really does is make the worst aspect of the DLC much less frustrating

>not sure, can't quite put it into words just yet
That's fine. I said the same thing to the guy who was watching me play it blind and was pushing me to finish it. I think my line as I drifted through the forest watching the galaxies go dark was "I'm deeply touched right now and I can't explain why."
Surprised to hear you call it a horror game. The Anglers were spooky and there's a certain existential dread to the situation of the whole game, but I never thought of it as "a horror game".
Did you play the DLC? It's got stronger horror elements to it, so that would explain a lot.
Congratulations on finishing it!
Did you ever figure out the Quantum Moon and meet its surviving denizen?
The ending changes somewhat if so.

Attached: 1656013995495.png (680x680, 417.55K)

i finally got around to playing the DLC the other day and thought it sucked ass

The game isn't really a horror but it's one of the most unnerving games I've ever played.

The silence before the supernova on your first few cycles, falling into the black hole it surviving, Ash Twin Project for the first time, The Eye. So many "I'm scared and I have no idea why" moments.

In the DLC there's a brief moment of terror when you're finding the stranger for the first time, not knowing what it is, just seeing that shadow getting bigger and bigger...

your ship never stops going forward once you give it a little momentum in the beginning. let it go slow as fuck and once you feel safe start accelerating towards the portal you want to go into. the angler fish will either be too far away to catch up to you if they get get angry at you , or they will not respond at all.

You're still during the thrusters when you entered red spooky room: that's how they knew you were there. Just drift and try your best to relax, or of you want maximum kino, draw their attention first then eject with the cockpit.