People are actually calling this dogshit ""beautiful""

People are actually calling this dogshit ""beautiful""

Attached: FWV-E8-WAAAu8za.jpg (2069x1114, 302.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1541789805150871553
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

really? name five people who did.

nah even most of resetera is calling it dogshit, with a minority crying about not hurting the artists feelings

which people?

My default position is to disregard SOUL vs SOULLESS shitposters as subhuman, but this absolute dreck made even me almost spit water onto my screen. What the actual fuck?

twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1541789805150871553

ok, now look at the comments

One thing is to admit that this artstyle was chosen because it's just cheaper than trying to replicate 1 and 2, and the other is to pretend that this is somehow better or even okay in it's own merits.

It's so dramatically SOULLESS that anyone can identify it as such.

Seen some people get into their "liberals pretend to like something to own the haters" mindset over this. Where you can tell they hate it by how hard they're overpraising it and pretending that something ugly is normal.

you mean the "Any Forums pretends to like somthing to own the left" mindset? yeah, I get it.

I tuned out the second I realized that the terrible voice-over was supposed to be Guybrush in character and not just some trailer narrator. Like holy hell, I could do a better job.

This is the same performative praise that women give to handicapped people. "he's just so beautiful" to some kid with downsyndrome. This seems to be a reflex, where some people will start praising something they find repulsive and where it ends up being counter-productive, because everyone can tell they're putting on a show and are being ingenuine.

I vividly remember when videogames, and even their cover art, were made to visually compete with colorful, fully-painted art you'd see in the Fantasy/Sci-Fi sections of bookstores.

But going back to that, this overall trend of decline has gotten so bad, even Fantasy/Sci-Fi novels don't even have actual art on them anymore either.

Attached: muh ruby.jpg (1280x720, 114.02K)

at least the sex skeleton looked okay

>kotaku
>people

>old white boomer hired white gen x to make a game where black women look boorish and ugly
>libs love it

Man, I'm sad.

APOLOGIZE

Attached: broken age.jpg (1920x1080, 264.13K)

Monkey Island was my childhood and I'm very sad with this. SAD.

I appreciate that the West always tries out really different artstyles unlike most Jap games but at least Japs always use an artstyle that looks visually cool and compelling. This just does nothing for me

Same. It's actually cool that in a span of 30+ years we saw different art styles coming in and out of fashion.
Imagine not having the criativity to come out with new stuff and complain about wanting the same over and over again.

Game? Reminds me of over the garden wall.

>make a brand new game, Thimbleweed Park, that does look the part and is visually appealing
>then absolutely fuck up the look of a new game from an already established and well known series
Why.

Attached: 1651187117918.jpg (1920x1080, 625.06K)

Broken Age. First giant kickstarter game that kicked it all off.

Is Destroyed Era worth playing at all? Heard it wasn't worth the price on release at all.

Attached: really bro.jpg (628x519, 63.33K)